A true Rush fan if....

My_Shrimp_Cot

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your girlfriend/boyfriend has ever yelled "ITS EITHER RUSH OR ME"!!!!! Then you say, that's an easy one "SEE YA" bahahahahahaha rofl3.gif

cool10.gif joker.gif

-You can pronounce Geddy and Alex's TRUE names correctly

-You've gotten your dumb, blonde girlfriend to pronounce the Geddy and Alex's true names correctly

Personally, I think you're enough of a true Rush fan if you even know that Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson are not their true birth names.

..it's all too funny, it's like you can all see thru a window to me soul, yes to all of the above!!

Like, what other four digit number am I going to use for any password other than 2112?

You know you're a 2.gif fan if...

1. You have a kitten named Geddy Lee.

2. You have a 6 disk CD changer in your home and car and each one is full of Rush disks. (People that spend time with you ask do you ever get tired of this stuff? NOOOOO!)

3. You plan your vacations around the times that Rush is playing someplace fun like Memorial Day weekend in Virgina Beach. biggrin.gif

4. You have 20 years worth of Rush tee shirts that you really should throw away because they are way past thread bare. (You love them so much they are still in your regular weekend roatation.)

There are so many, but I think I'll stop there!

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 2 2004, 11:47 AM)
...your wife rolls her eyes when you choose the 2112 Starman shirt to wear to Home Depot ONCE AGAIN.

...your daughter assumes whenever you're on the computer, you're on "Rush". (She's usually correct. wink.gif )

...your kids know that when Dad picks them up, they should cover their ears, as Dad usually forgets to turn down the volume on his Rush CD before they get in.

...you think of appropriate Rush lyrics for nearly every situation you encounter daily, but share them only with your forum buds

...you have become a "Solar Federalist" in just over 3 months, but have yet to finish painting the stairwell at home. doh.gif

...you log off the site, tell yourself "I'm going to bed now!", then log in ONE MORE TIME to see if you missed any good jokes, or to see if a friend responded to your PM

rofl3.gif dude...i'm reading all of these, laughing my ass off, just nodding my head and agreeing.... icon_really_happy_guy.gif

...and I really have to finish up by saying that I am so glad to have found the BEST DAMN GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE PLANET here at The Rush Forum! You're all as 2.gif Crazeh as me and don't look at me cross-eyed and upside down for doing all these above mentioned things wub.gif

Your son checks the the scrabble tiles on the table in the garage every morning to see if it's still the same word scramble.

Your daughter sees The Who on The Simpsons and shouts "Dad, they're playing a Rush song".

Your wife borrows your bank card and doesn't have to ask the number.

You're contemplating becoming a post whore so that you can hit 2112 at one minute past midnight on the 21st of December.

....you go to school and you find the locker number 2112.....

I think i'm going to post a post it note on the locker...saying...":Do you even know who Rush is?" lol and maybe recommend a song...lol trink36.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 2 2004, 09:35 PM)
I think i'm going to post a post it note on the locker...saying...":Do you even know who Rush is?" lol and maybe recommend a song...lol trink36.gif

Ironically, D13 is at 1112 posts, just 1000-shy of 2112.

Then again, that may not actually be ironic. It's like raiiiiin, on your wedding day....

Somebody please shut me up

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 2 2004, 11:16 PM)

Then again, that may not actually be ironic. It's like raiiiiin, on your wedding day....

laugh.gif

If you 9yr.old sons Playlist includes Rush

If your teenage son takes up drums

Your kids bring in friends and you must have them check out RIR, esp the drum solo!

Those teens who play instruments then play extra hard to become good and the drummer includes a portion of Neils solo into his own for a show.

People look at ya crazy when you take vacations from work to go all over the country to see Rush play.

People refer to you as The Rush people!!

We are so many of the previous posts!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 2 2004, 09:16 PM)

laugh.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 2 2004, 12:25 PM)
All of your "secret" PIN numbers and passwords are 2112! 2.gif 1022.gif

i'm guilty of making that the code or combo on all my locks.....

mybadd?

QUOTE (Disco @ Dec 2 2004, 07:10 PM)
Like, what other four digit number am I going to use for any password other than 2112?

My PIN code is 1209, which is Neil's birthday written in the European way -and I wasn't even a fan of Rush by the time I got my mobile phone!! (OK, ignore the fact that it is also my birthday. joker.gif )

I have never used 2112 for anything yet. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

You know you're a true Rush fan when you call in a request to the radio station for anything post Signals and they say "WHAT?" How 'bout those "Stoopid" Chicago radio stations, eh!

"You'll never know how f...ing good that soup was! joker.gif Really!"

Archived