The Open Toed Shoe Pledge

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 owlswing

owlswing

Pags' Better Half

• Members *
  • 5279 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, decorating our home, reading and most of all being with my family.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

GOOD BUMP!!!!

Now I'm  bolt.gif until I do my duty!

laugh.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Gladiator style is really horrible?  unsure.gif  

#43 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 26 2009, 11:18 AM)
Is it just me or does anyone else think the Gladiator style is really horrible?  unsure.gif

wha?

i'd google that, but i'm afraid to scared.gif

#44 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 27 2009, 10:11 PM)
Is it just me or does anyone else think the Gladiator style is really horrible?  unsure.gif

wha?

Its the style of sandal shoe that is aparently popular this season. I hate it. It looks ridiculous and I really dont see me purchasing a pair of those ever.

user posted image
They look like this. Some of them even have buckles that go up the leg. Im just sitting back and waiting to see all these ridiculous tan lines in stripes that are going to be on women this summer. z7shysterical.gif   LAME

#45 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 27 2009, 08:29 PM)

wha?

Its the style of sandal shoe that is aparently popular this season. I hate it. It looks ridiculous and I really dont see me purchasing a pair of those ever.

user posted image
They look like this. Some of them even have buckles that go up the leg. Im just sitting back and waiting to see all these ridiculous tan lines in stripes that are going to be on women this summer. z7shysterical.gif   LAME

ohhh!   laugh.gif  well, they might be cute with the right outfit?  but ye, those tan lines would be the suck.  doh.gif  

#46 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 27 2009, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 27 2009, 08:29 PM)

wha?

user posted image

ohhh!   laugh.gif  well, they might be cute with the right outfit?  but ye, those tan lines would be the suck.  doh.gif

Ya it prolly will be an interesting summer.. tan line wise.  z7shysterical.gif  

#47 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

bumper.gif
it's that time of year... go to the first page and read. rofl3.gif  

#48 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Ach, I wouldn't be seen DEAD in those... 062802puke_prv.gif

#49 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

done!  cosmo.gif

#50 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

#51 sullysue

sullysue

Arriving Somewhere...

• Members *
  • 16069 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 11:27 PM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

Oh, come on Mara! Not even flip flops?  wink.gif

It's so comfy to have your feet hangin' loose, not strangled by socks n' sneakers.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My cutest shoes are my open-toed, warm weather shoes. Not real fond of the foot upkeep, though. It's a real hassle. I must shrink at least half an inch in height when I scrape the barnacles off the ol' footies built up from the winter.

#52 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

I got my pedicure already.  biggrin.gif

I actually got this very thoughtful gift for Christmas called Pedi-Egg and I gotta say it's AMAZING!!!  You use it right when you come outta the shower about once a week to remove any nasty parts of the foot, leaving behind smooth, beautiful feet.  No more gnarly feet!  

http://www.amazon.com/Ped-Egg-Pedicure-Foo...e/dp/B00113FENI

#53 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5295 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

I pledge to rebel without fail against all ridiculous "Rules" of being a woman, and wear sandals if I damned well please no matter how ugly you might think my feet are.

#54 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 10 2010, 03:06 AM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

It's so comfy to have your feet hangin' loose, not strangled by socks n' sneakers.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My cutest shoes are my open-toed, warm weather shoes. Not real fond of the foot upkeep, though. It's a real hassle. I must shrink at least half an inch in height when I scrape the barnacles off the ol' footies built up from the winter.

Especially not flip-flops!  I like a shoe to feel secure on my foot, not slap-banging around on the heel.  Plus you can't sneak up on anyone when you're wearing those. laugh.gif

A lot of it's my foot structure.  I have very high arches, and they don't like to go without support.  Most sandals don't provide enough and you really can't put supports in sandals.  If you've ever strained the fascia that runs across the arch, from toe to heel, you know how painful that can be.  You end up pronating to avoid the pain, and that causes other problems.

I used to go through 3 pairs of huarache sandals every summer - Unisa made some that were great and had good support.  They were closed at the toe, though.

Edited by Mara, 10 April 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#55 Digital Man

Digital Man

He's got a force field and a flexible plan...

• 8407 posts
  • Interests:My Beautiful Fiancee Sundog, all our kids, RUSH, cigars, beer, Tequila, RUSH, bbqing, snow skiing

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 12:40 PM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

Especially not flip-flops!  I like a shoe to feel secure on my foot, not slap-banging around on the heel.  Plus you can't sneak up on anyone when you're wearing those. laugh.gif

A lot of it's my foot structure.  I have very high arches, and they don't like to go without support.  Most sandals don't provide enough and you really can't put supports in sandals.  If you've ever strained the fascia that runs across the arch, from toe to heel, you know how painful that can be.  You end up pronating to avoid the pain, and that causes other problems.

I used to go through 3 pairs of huarache sandals every summer - Unisa made some that were great and had good support.  They were closed at the toe, though.

This just came to mind when I read you post...

You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies
Huarachi sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U.S.A.

#56 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11486 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 10 2010, 01:13 PM)

Huarachi sandals too
Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

Birkenstock makes supportive sandals as well - almost as good as orthotics!  

#57 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 01:21 PM)

Huarachi sandals too
Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

I would not be caught dead in Birkenstocks.  

#58 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11486 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 03:52 PM)

Huarachi sandals too
Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

ohmy.gif Why not?  

#59 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 12:21 PM)

Huarachi sandals too
Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

I love Birkenstock. Easily the most comfortable sandal I have ever worn and they last a good long time too.  

#60 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 03:52 PM)

Huarachi sandals too
Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

ohmy.gif Why not?

Ugly.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.  They LOOK like orthopedic shoes.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users