About Geddy's son, Julian

Gedneil Alpeart

No idea whatsoever.

Ironically, a few years ago, both Geddy and his son attended a Toronto Raptors game...and a picture of Ged, his son, and Alex Trebek (lol) was in the Toronto Sun newspaper!

I think I may still have that picture lying around somewhere! Typical Rush fan! If I can find it, and find some way to scan it...I might just do that! cool.gif

I read somewhere - can't think where now to save my life - that he plays minor league baseball.

I'm not home right now, so I can't go looking through my stuff, but has anyone else heard that?

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Mar 20 2007, 09:09 AM)
.....what does he do for a living?  It was mentioned in the ESPN article that he is 26 years old.  Anyone know where he lives?  Does he like Rush's music? Never seen a photo of him (not that it really matters). 

Anyone know anything about him?

Well, I do know what he use to look like, He'e the little boy in the Distant Early Warning RUSH video. Here's a quote from Julian about being in the video."I don't remember too much,except sitting on this rocket thing as if I was riding it for a really long time," Julian recalled."Neil let me play his drums, but I had to be REALLY careful!" from Chemistry by Jon Collins.

QUOTE (Maddy @ Mar 20 2007, 11:40 AM)
I read somewhere - can't think where now to save my life - that he plays minor league baseball.

I'm not home right now, so I can't go looking through my stuff, but has anyone else heard that?

yes.gif Thought I read it from MITA site.

If he still lives at home, what kind of rent do you think he's paying?

He's my apt manager. Want his autograph?? tongue.gif 1022.gif

He plays baseball....

Strong pitching and patience at the plate helped the men�s varsity baseball team start their season in grand style by overpowering Guelph 14-0 last Saturday at Ninth Line Park in Oakville.

Despite what the offensive side of the ledger might suggest, it was pitcher Julian Weinrib who turned in the most impressive performance of the day. Weinrib allowed one hit over five innings while striking out five in a 93-pitch effort before the game was stopped because of the ten-run mercy rule.

Erratic pitching and sloppy defense (six errors) from the visiting Gryphons helped the Blues score four runs in the first two innings without getting a hit. Three walks to Ethan Manes, James Rutherford and Jonathan Cardella loaded the bases with two outs before the first run was walked in to give Jesse Harrison a game winning RBI.

The next batter, Steve Correia, struck out looking but not before Rutherford scored on a wild pitch.

After a shaky first inning that saw Weinrib escape a two-out bases-loaded situation, the Blues quickly settled in.

�At the start my arm was a little bit sore because I�ve thrown a lot of innings. But I got my confidence up and we played some good D[efense],� said Weinrib. �I�m confident in the team behind me. I�m confident that if they get the ball out there that they�re going to put the outs away.�

The effort was consistent with what is expected of a talented corps of pitchers on the roster.

�Pitching is going to be good. We have Mike Didier and Joe Callahan coming in. They�re going to be the base of our staff. It�s our strong point. We have a lot of depth there.�

Toronto recorded their first RBI hit in the third with two out when Rutherford singled with the bases loaded to drive in the fifth and sixth runs.

The lopsided win leaves unanswered the question of what Toronto will lean on in close games that are expected against tougher opponents later on this season.

�We�re going to play a lot of teams that we don�t normally play,� said Coach Dan Lang. �Brock and McMaster are supposed to be very good teams. In that sense it�s hard to tell what our strengths are at this point.�

The Blues added seven more runs in the bottom of the fourth, highlighted by a Jesse Korona two-run homer.

I've only seen two pictures of his daughter, but I've see quite a few of his son. Julian was at at least one, if not more of Geddy's MFH signings. I would post them as I have some saved on my work computer, but it's down right now -- I'm usin' a loaner. The only reason I'm having our IT guy keep it alive is for all the Rush pictures I saved on it!

The last I heard about Julian, he was the star pitcher for his college team. (See that earlier post, above.) He should be out of college by now.

Note was recently made of Kyla and her dad appearing in an episode of "Gilmore Girls." It's one of Kyla's favorite shows; she and Geddy were touring the set and co-star Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row), a Rush fan, convinced the producer to use Geddy and Kyla as extras in one scene. (Geddy was introduced by Bach to co-star Sally Struthers, for whom he did his best Archie Bunker impression.) Kyla is 11 or 12 now, and looks like her dad - just compare Kyla to this childhood picture of Geddy:

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200703/425.f.jpg http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/images/alex-geddy-fisherville-jhs.jpg

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 22 2007, 05:33 AM)
The last I heard about Julian, he was the star pitcher for his college team. (See that earlier post, above.) He should be out of college by now.

Note was recently made of Kyla and her dad appearing in an episode of "Gilmore Girls." It's one of Kyla's favorite shows; she and Geddy were touring the set and co-star Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row), a Rush fan, convinced the producer to use Geddy and Kyla as extras in one scene. (Geddy was introduced by Bach to co-star Sally Struthers, for whom he did his best Archie Bunker impression.) Kyla is 11 or 12 now, and looks like her dad - just compare Kyla to this childhood picture of Geddy:

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200703/425.f.jpg http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/images/alex-geddy-fisherville-jhs.jpg

Nice post, Ged. Thanks..!

On the hold your fire tour, my buddy had backstage passes and saw Julian running from Geddy's tech across the stage before the show. That's all I know about Julian. I guess he musta been about 6 or 7 at the time. lol

I do believe that is Nancy, I know she is a redhead and Kyla has her hair color. I've only seen a picture of Julian from the back and it was black and white but I think he's also got the light colored hair.

About Julian, I'm pretty sure that he has a PhD in archeology or something like that. There is a picture of him at a dig site with a bunch of people. I don't have the photo but you can google it. Just type in Julian Weinrib images. Also On Snakes and Arrows booklet it says Thanks to Nancy, Kyla , Julian and Lauren. I'm guessing that Lauren is his girlfriend/wife? Anybody see that?

Archived