Album of the moment

fledgehog

With regards to current albums, I have to say the one that's nailed my ears to the wall this year is "The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse".

I know a few other members have referenced this as well. It's wonderful - The Beach Boys meet The Flaming Lips, they both team up and mug the string section from the London Philharmonic Orchestra with a fluffy pillow.

The other album I'm listening to a lot these days is My Chemical Romance - "The Black Parade". I'm taking my 13 year old daughter to see them in Dublin in just over a fortnight, and am preparing to be one of the few people in the arena who can bellow out "Teenagers scare the living shit out of me" without a shred of irony! ohmy.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 16 2007, 12:32 AM)
With regards to current albums, I have to say the one that's nailed my ears to the wall this year is "The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse".

I know a few other members have referenced this as well. It's wonderful - The Beach Boys meet The Flaming Lips, they both team up and mug the string section from the London Philharmonic Orchestra with a fluffy pillow.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 17 2007, 06:15 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 16 2007, 07:31 PM)
Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted.  It's a masterpiece to my ears.

goodpost.gif

Great album, with the prog-loving Gary Young on drums!!

Yes!! I forgot about that!! yes.gif

And wasn't he like 40 years old?

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Mar 17 2007, 01:34 PM)
A Saucerfull of Secrets - Pink Floyd

Just bought it, and I absolutely love it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Remember a Day, Let There be More Light, Corporal Clegg, the title song, no matter how you slice it, it's solid, classic Floyd. I wish my buddy Dylan would give it another chance. I lent it to him and he hated it.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 17 2007, 10:45 PM)

It's a great time to like new music trink39.gif

Absolutely.

ATM I'm very heavily into Mnemic's 'Passenger' album and Therion's 'Gothic Kaballah' albums. Incredible modern Metal...

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense. They have to be the most exhausting and energetic live band I've ever seen. I can't stop watching Life During Wartime from the DVD for SMS. I don't actually own the DVD though, I've been watching the performances on YouTube. Byrne is out of his mind.

Archived