For those learning Flash

barney_rebel

My problem is that I learned Flash MX including the Action Script, but I purchased MX 2004 whose action script seems very different.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 30 2004, 07:19 PM)
My problem is that I learned Flash MX including the Action Script, but I purchased MX 2004 whose action script seems very different.

I still swear by MX. I will not upgrade to 2004, to many wrong changes, I think!

As far as SwishMax, it's ok. It's kind of like cheating in my mind though. I don't really care for the look of the results. I guess if you like to use templates to design stuff, well then it's perfect.

just my opinion...

Also, I should add that when I was learning flash this website was the most help of all.

FlashKit.com

I learned swish real quick, it's very user friendly. There's better programs but swish is cool for making your first flash files. The crack is easy to find too.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 3 2004, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 30 2004, 07:19 PM)

I still swear by MX. I will not upgrade to 2004, to many wrong changes, I think!

As far as SwishMax, it's ok. It's kind of like cheating in my mind though. I don't really care for the look of the results. I guess if you like to use templates to design stuff, well then it's perfect.

just my opinion...

Also, I should add that when I was learning flash this website was the most help of all.

FlashKit.com

One thing that I think they added was it can handle pdf files better. On my portfolio site which is done in Flash, I was able to code it so that you could open my resume in a separate pdf file window.

I don't think you could do that with just MX.

Archived