What did we do to our elders?

Pags

Cyg's story about Godzilla made me laugh my ass off. It reminded me of being young and the stupid stuff we did to our Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents.

I'll go first:

It was about 1977. I was 8. My grandmother lived with us. We waited for her to walk up the stairs, and just at the right moment blasted the car wreck sequence at the end of Detroit Rock City from the Kiss Destroyer album. Her barging into the room with a look of horror on her face and screaming "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED? IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?" is forever burned in my memory. I feel so guilty as I laugh like crazy typing this. Oh... and she was so pissed. rofl3.gif

C'mon. Let's hear some more.

I think I was a good kid, but I did the strangest things growing up. First of all, when I was about 4 years old, I stuck a screw driver through an electrical outlet to see what would happen. My thinking at the time was the end of the screw driver resembled a plug. I got shocked all right! Even to this day, plugging something in the wall makes me nervous!

Our house where I grew up was on a hill. At the time, I had this fascination with Volkswagon bugs like "Herbie the Love Bug". I was pretending one day to be driving. I guess I must have hit the emergency break somehow, but the thing started rolling downhill with me in it! laugh.gif

Later on, I became fascinated with Wonder Woman (Linda Carter). I used to imitate the spins, sing the theme song (all the world's waiting for you...and the powers you possess...), and I fashioned these metal bracelets that I would wear to deflect "bullets".

I also went through a Dracula phase. There was a TV show on at the time called "Cliffhangers" and one of the short stories had Dracula falling in love and biting modern day women. My mother made a long black cape for me to wear. I eventually wore it with my Paul Stanley mask one Halloween, trying to imitate Paul Stanley as seen in their movie "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park".

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 04:41 PM)
Cyg's story about Godzilla made me laugh my ass off. It reminded me of being young and the stupid stuff we did to our Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents.

I'll go first:

It was about 1977. I was 8. My grandmother lived with us. We waited for her to walk up the stairs, and just at the right moment blasted the car wreck sequence at the end of Detroit Rock City from the Kiss Destroyer album. Her barging into the room with a look of horror on her face and screaming "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED? IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?" is forever burned in my memory. I feel so guilty as I laugh like crazy typing this. Oh... and she was so pissed. rofl3.gif

C'mon. Let's hear some more.

YES!!! That is so funny!!! What a story laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I remember one time, my aunt was getting prank calls from her ex's current girlfriend. She was so rude on the phone, and after one particular busy day with the phone, laugh.gif I was feeling ornery. So, I waited till the calls subsided, and I picked up the phone and dialed the same number, so when I hung up,it would ring. So, thats what I did. My aunt picked up the phone, and when she heard no one there, she got down right ricey, and started in on 'who' she thought was there. laugh.gif When in all actuallity, she was cussing herself out...I was laughing so damn hard, almost wet myself, and she realised what I did!!! OMG!! She actually picked me up, and threw me onto her bed, and we both ended up laughing. I think I was about 17 at the time, and she was fiesty, boy let me tell ya!!!! LMAO..

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 30 2004, 05:01 PM)
I remember one time, my aunt was getting prank calls from her ex's current girlfriend.  She was so rude on the phone, and after one particular busy day with the phone, laugh.gif I was feeling ornery. So, I waited till the calls subsided, and I picked up the phone and dialed the same number, so when I hung up,it would ring.  So, thats what I did.  My aunt picked up the phone, and when she heard no one there, she got down right ricey, and started in on 'who' she thought was there.  laugh.gif  When in all actuallity, she was cussing herself out...I was laughing so damn hard, almost wet myself, and she realised what I did!!! OMG!! She actually picked me up, and threw me onto her bed, and we both ended up laughing.  I think I was about 17 at the time, and she was fiesty, boy let me tell ya!!!!  LMAO..

laugh.gif

Hee hee!!!! Great one!!!!!

OK cool - you reminded me of the prank call on my aunt too!!!

I called my aunt in Brooklyn, and when she answered I told her that I was the phone company, and that there were repairmen working on the lines outside. Her phone would more than likely ring, but she's NOT to answer it or it will electricute the repairmen. She started yelling at me, but still thinking I was the phone company. I wasn't even disguising my voice, I couldn't figure out why she didn't know it was me.

Well, before I could tell her it was me she hung up the phone. So I tried calling her back and the phone rang like 100 times. She wouldn't answer it. She wound up going out to the street and calling my cousin on a payphone. He was rolling on the floor!! rofl3.gif

She was PISSED - when she found out. PISSED!!!! laugh.gif

Circumstantial Tree - Nov 30 2004, 04:52 PM Our house where I grew up was on a hill. At the time, I had this fascination with Volkswagon bugs like "Herbie the Love Bug". I was pretending one day to be driving. I guess I must have hit the emergency break somehow, but the thing started rolling downhill with me in it! laugh.gif

Where did the bug wind up going?? biggrin.gif

Circumstantial Tree - Nov 30 2004, 04:52 PM Later on, I became fascinated with Wonder Woman (Linda Carter). I used to imitate the spins, sing the theme song (all the world's waiting for you...and the powers you possess...), and I fashioned these metal bracelets that I would wear to deflect "bullets".

There's some hokey line in that song that goes something like "Running in your tights, fighting for our rights." Something weird like that. Who the hell looked at that line and said, "Yeah, keep that."? laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 30 2004, 04:29 PM)

Wonder Woman! All the World's Waiting for You!!! And the powers you possess! In your satin tights, fighting for the rights, of the 'ol red, white and bluuuuuue.....

laugh.gif

Nothin' beats this one:

Look at what's happened to me,

I can't believe it myself.

Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,

should have been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.

I never thought I could feel so free.

Flying away on a wing and a prayer,

Who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just me.

Looks like the light of a new day,

Hit me from out of the blue.

Breaking me out of the spell I was in,

Making all of my wishes come true.

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.

I never thought I could feel so free.

Flying away on a wing and a prayer,

Who could it be?

Who could it be?

What's that from?

When I was 3, I was playing with the hose in front of the house. My dad came home from work in his late 60's model Acadia...

He got out of the car to say hi to me and I blasted him with the hose. I didn't just spray him, I soaked the hell out of him... and got him in the face with with the hose (full blast with the sprayer)!

He pulled off his shirt and smacked me hard in the face with it...and it was wet too... SMACK!

"gnp pun nei hee sei ah!" English translation, "I'm gonna smack you to hell"...

I never for got that one.. still remember the look on his face while he was getting blasted with the sprayer...and his face after how pissed he was....How do I remember these things? I remember lots of stuff since I was 1 year old... yet I can't tell you what I had for dinner....

My brother and I were about 5-7 years old, and went out for a drive with our grandpa on a VERY cold Canadian winter day. He got out to pump gas and my brother locked all the doors. Meanwhile I was engrossed in a book, and wouldn't look up for anything. My brother would unlock one door, then lock it right when grandpa went to open it, then unlock the door on the other side. This went on for quite a few minutes, and man was did he get he pi$$ed. He must have told me this story a thousand times over the years since then......

My cousins and two older sisters came up with an idea. I was only 6, so I'm completely innocent in this. angel.gif They put pillows under the blankets in my sister's bed, and on her pillow they put a blonde wig on one of those foam head wig holder things.

Then they hid my sister (who's blonde) in the closet - and yelled downstairs that something was wrong with her... she wouldn't wake up.

Well, my aunt (the prank call one), and my grandmother came running into the room and started to shake the bed a little bit - trying to wake my 'sister' up. This made the foam head roll off the bed. To two unsuspecting Italian women from Brooklyn, this was NOT a good thing.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 1 2004, 01:05 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 30 2004, 06:46 PM)
Got da nu page on da grandpa story ( confused13.gif or something like that) cool10.gif

laugh.gif I don't undeerstand that Nu Page stuff, either.

From CP. The default was 50 posts per page. And whenever someone got a new page they got the nu page. Thats all I understand. confused13.gif

The one that my mother often likes to tell is about when I was 3 or 4. Apparently, I went up to her and asked if I could draw on the paper. Assuming that one of my brothers or my sister had given me a sheet, she told me I could only to walk into the living room to find me drawing on the wall paper in bright red crayon.

The thing is, she wasn't able to tell me off because I had obtained her permission for my artistic endeavours. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 2 2004, 01:19 PM)
The one that my mother often likes to tell is about when I was 3 or 4. Apparently, I went up to her and asked if I could draw on the paper. Assuming that one of my brothers or my sister had given me a sheet, she told me I could only to walk into the living room to find me drawing on the wall paper in bright red crayon.

The thing is, she wasn't able to tell me off because I had obtained her permission for my artistic endeavours. biggrin.gif

As a homeowner, adult, and parent.... oh how that makes me cringe. doh.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Nov 30 2004, 10:01 PM)
For those who want to know Bastille's molecule is ethyl alcohol or ethanol...

Yummy trink38.gif  trink39.gif

You are correct sir, on all counts (especially the yummy part) trink39.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 2 2004 @ 01:19 PM))

The thing is, she wasn't able to tell me off because I had obtained her permission for my artistic endeavours. 

I suppose this is what I have to look forward to? doh.gif (Alright, good excuse not to renovate anything for several years trink39.gif )

My father-in-law's sister is a little dingy to say the least. One year for Thanksgiving he made up some lame excuse about forgeting something just before the turkey was done, thus sending her running to the store. While she was gone, dad took the turkey, which had been covered tightly in foil and pressed onto the bird in order to make the shape of the bird in the foil. Then, he took the turkey out of the pan and replaced it with a cornish game hen... a very tiny one he had gotten the day before, in anticipation of this prank (don't get ahead of me here!). He then carefully replaced the "turkey-shaped" foil and returned the whole thing to the oven. When his sister got back it was time to serve diner and she flipped out when she uncovered this "turkey"..... Dad immediately chimes up and say something like how bad turkeys are these days... that they're all water and it must have all evaporated.... AND SHE BUYS IT!!! She's on the phone calling the store to bi*ch and we all finally bust out laughing!

Another year we removed the guts of the apple pie by flipping it over, cutting the bottom of the crust out, and filling it with orange slices. Then put the pie plate back onto the pie for "serving"..... and she bought that one too!! Man, family get-togethers are SOOO much fun! laugh.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 2 2004, 08:55 PM)
My father-in-law's sister is a little dingy to say the least. One year for Thanksgiving he made up some lame excuse about forgeting something just before the turkey was done, thus sending her running to the store. While she was gone, dad took the turkey, which had been covered tightly in foil and pressed onto the bird in order to make the shape of the bird in the foil. Then, he took the turkey out of the pan and replaced it with a cornish game hen... a very tiny one he had gotten the day before, in anticipation of this prank (don't get ahead of me here!). He then carefully replaced the "turkey-shaped" foil and returned the whole thing to the oven. When his sister got back it was time to serve diner and she flipped out when she uncovered this "turkey"..... Dad immediately chimes up and say something like how bad turkeys are these days... that they're all water and it must have all evaporated.... AND SHE BUYS IT!!! She's on the phone calling the store to bi*ch and we all finally bust out laughing!

Another year we removed the guts of the apple pie by flipping it over, cutting the bottom of the crust out, and filling it with orange slices. Then put the pie plate back onto the pie for "serving"..... and she bought that one too!! Man, family get-togethers are SOOO much fun! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 30 2004, 02:52 PM)

Later on, I became fascinated with Wonder Woman (Linda Carter). I used to imitate the spins, sing the theme song (all the world's waiting for you...and the powers you possess...), and I fashioned these metal bracelets that I would wear to deflect "bullets".

CT, is this when you realized you were gay?

rofl3.gif

OMG, just kidding.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 2 2004, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 30 2004, 02:52 PM)

CT, is this when you realized you were gay?

rofl3.gif

OMG, just kidding.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived