My Dad

madra sneachta

My dad can sometimes be a superhero but sometimes he can be a meanie. All the same i love him so much. He is Rush's no.1 fan. I know that because he has every album Rush has released and knows every word of every song. He mainly talks rubbish in the morning and one morning he was late for work, i went up to tell him that he was late, he just said " I am monitering the situation from the control room" which was the stupidist thing i have ever heard him say. Now you know more about my dad, and when you e-mail him, just nag him about the phrase.

THANK YOU

from Eimear. (Donal's daughter)

Hi Eimear! Thanks for the inside info on your dad. smile.gif We really enjoy reading what he has to say, rubbish 'n all.

Glad you stopped by!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 30 2004, 04:29 PM)
My dad can sometimes be a superhero but sometimes he can be a meanie. All the same i love him so much. He is Rush's no.1 fan. I know that because he has every album Rush has released and knows every word of every song. He mainly talks rubbish in the morning and one morning he was late for work, i went up to tell him that he was late, he just said " I am monitering the situation from the control room" which was the stupidist thing i have ever heard him say.  Now you know more about my dad, and when you e-mail him, just nag him about the phrase.

THANK YOU

laugh.gif laugh.gif Eimear this priceless. He's gonna be so mad! tongue.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 30 2004, 04:29 PM)
My dad can sometimes be a superhero but sometimes he can be a meanie. All the same i love him so much. He is Rush's no.1 fan. I know that because he has every album Rush has released and knows every word of every song. He mainly talks rubbish in the morning and one morning he was late for work, i went up to tell him that he was late, he just said " I am monitering the situation from the control room" which was the stupidist thing i have ever heard him say. Now you know more about my dad, and when you e-mail him, just nag him about the phrase.

THANK YOU

laugh.gif laugh.gif Eimear this priceless. He's gonna be so mad! tongue.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Hopefully he doesn't attack you. tongue.gif

That's my girl.

I can confirm that was unedited and genuine. Apparantly I do talk in my sleep, but I've never heard it!!. I have woken up to the sound of the other three of them sitting on the bed and laughing.

Having said that, Pauline is worse...but we won't go there.

She's wanted to do that for a while, and would like everyone to know that her favourite song is The Seeker, and she loves Rush in Rio.

I've a feling she'll be back......... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 30 2004, 05:56 PM)
That's my girl.

I can confirm that was unedited and genuine. Apparantly I do talk in my sleep, but I've never heard it!!. I have woken up to the sound of the other three of them sitting on the bed and laughing.

She's wanted to do that for a while, and would like everyone to know that her favourite song is The Seeker, and she loves Rush in Rio.

I've a feling she'll be back......... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Get her a username here! It's pretty family friendly! How old is she?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 30 2004, 11:23 PM)
Shes obviously old and clever enough to form her own opinions. If you do get her on though, you might wanna have her steer clear of the political forum, but other then that we are all good people bekloppt.gif

laugh.gif

i went up to tell him that he was late, he just said " I am monitering the situation from the control room" which was the stupidist thing i have ever heard him say. 

from Eimear. (Donal's daughter

I bet your daddy has heard that at work many times. joker.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 1 2004, 12:25 AM)
That's my girl.

I've a feling she'll be back......... ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

She's 11 - What worries me is if that's how she articulates herself now, what will she be like when she's 16????? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 1 2004, 05:21 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 1 2004, 12:25 AM)
That's my girl.

I've a feling she'll be back......... ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

She's 11 - What worries me is if that's how she articulates herself now, what will she be like when she's 16????? ohmy.gif

She'll be running circles 'round you, Madra...

tongue.gif

You can learn a lot, though, if you listen...at least that's what I always thought when I was a smart-mouthed 16 year old....

cool.gif

And one word of advice about handling her ...chocolate!!!!

Archived