My jaw is screwed bad

barney_rebel

For the past month or two, if I yawn, I have to click it back in to place. As I open my mouth and close it, I feel a click. Damn it feels like crap... OWWWW it's painful... sad.gif

Anyone know of anyone or have jaw problems? I hope it's not permanently screwed...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 07:40 PM)
For the past month or two, if I yawn, I have to click it back in to place. As I open my mouth and close it, I feel a click. Damn it feels like crap... OWWWW it's painful... sad.gif

Anyone know of anyone or have jaw problems? I hope it's not permanently screwed...

wacko.gif

Sounds rough Barney, but what has the fact that your 'dicks on the right side' got to do with it?

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 30 2004, 01:05 PM)

Sounds rough Barney, but what has the fact that your 'dicks on the right side' got to do with it?

rofl3.gif

Is THAT why it's messed up?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 30 2004, 01:05 PM)

rofl3.gif

Is THAT why it's messed up?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif pokey.gif

Hmmm, a supple back too Barney, huh?

laugh.gif

It's called TMJ.

You can help by exercising your jaw in the "unlocked' position (not clicking it!) and it may help.

Welcome to the world of TMJ, something I have dealt with since I was 18, almost 15 years ago when my oral surgeon overextended my jaw taking out my wizdom teeth. sad.gif It sucks bad for me...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 04:26 PM)
Seriously, total discomfort right now.... won't be having that steak sandwich tonight like I planned... sad.gif

Tired too every time I yawn, I consciously leave my mouth shut as best I can... try that one.

barney - conciously leaving your mouth shut is going to make it worse. You need to try to keep it open, not closed, but open in the "unpopped" mode.

Step #1 - go to your dentist and get a biteplate to wear at night so it gets fixed instead of ignoring it like I did for so long to the point where I need jaw surgery to fix it sad.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 30 2004, 04:31 PM)
Poor sweets... kisses on your cheek...

Unfortunately, I can't do what I usually do back, sorry sweets sad.gif

Any idea what this is from?

Can be from lots of things, including overextension of the jaw (me) or grinding teeth at night (me too)

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 04:41 PM)

Can be from lots of things, including overextension of the jaw (me) or grinding teeth at night (me too)

Can it be fixed? Does it require surgery/ confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:42 PM)

Early stages can be fixed with a special bite plate at night (most cases I believe). Once it goes too long and the "diaphram" which is popping out of the jaw socket becomes more "used to" popping out, I believe surgery is about all that can fix it.... That is why this initial time is SO important. If I could go back 15 years to have this taken care of immediately, I would. It has caused a lot of problems ovetr the years, including headaches that make you want to put a bullet in your head.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:42 PM)

Early stages can be fixed with a special bite plate at night (most cases I believe). Once it goes too long and the "diaphram" which is popping out of the jaw socket becomes more "used to" popping out, I believe surgery is about all that can fix it.... That is why this initial time is SO important. If I could go back 15 years to have this taken care of immediately, I would. It has caused a lot of problems ovetr the years, including headaches that make you want to put a bullet in your head.

OUCH sad.gif Sounds horrible. I have had migranes, are yours a lot worse than they are? Migranes can be pretty painful sometimes as well, but I couldn't compare.

The clicking this from a dislocation of the disc (like cariledge) between your jaw and head. As you open it pops off the condyle. You may need a splint to hold your jaw open so the disc doesn't pop, this gives the jaw time to heal.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 04:26 PM)
Seriously, total discomfort right now.... won't be having that steak sandwich tonight like I planned... sad.gif

Tired too every time I yawn, I consciously leave my mouth shut as best I can... try that one.

barney - conciously leaving your mouth shut is going to make it worse. You need to try to keep it open, not closed, but open in the "unpopped" mode.

Step #1 - go to your dentist and get a biteplate to wear at night so it gets fixed instead of ignoring it like I did for so long to the point where I need jaw surgery to fix it sad.gif

I've been keeping it open and moving, just now opened wide. Actually feels a lot better right now, but getting this uncmfortable cough... wtf man.. I want to go home sad.gif. Two more days of this sh1t...

I wear a night gaurd from mydentist because my teeth were farged from grinding

but... wonder if that's what's causing my problem?

Barney - Hope you get it taken care of and feel better, bro.

RR - is this something you still deal with? Did you get it repaired?

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 04:48 PM)

RR - is this something you still deal with? Did you get it repaired?

Nope, never got it fixed. Every time it gets REAL bad I saw I am going to but never do sad.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 04:48 PM)

RR - is this something you still deal with?  Did you get it repaired?

Nope, never got it fixed. Every time it gets REAL bad I saw I am going to but never do sad.gif

What do you do for the headaches? Do they come often?

Archived