Presto

yyzyy

I have the remaster and the wording on the spine is the wrong way. It's annoying because I'm fairly OCD with my music collection (CDs in alphabetical order by band, then album name, iTunes needs to have the proper artists, song/album names and album cover) so when I'm looking for a CD and I see Presto being the wrong way it's just a little harsh on the eyes.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 3 2011, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 12:46 PM)
...to get the spine to read correctly on the rack among your other CD's, you have to turn the CD upside-down...

or take 60 seconds and pop the jewel case, cut the c-card tabs off, and tape them back to the panel in the correct orientation

Or just turn the CD upside-down. laugh.gif

Your method takes more than 60 seconds. Not much more, but more. Mine takes two seconds. yes... but mine isn't upside-down! tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 02:36 PM)
...if you're up for the project you suggest, perhaps you'd also be interested in what I did to the thin, environmentally-conscious packaging for "Feedback."  With some creative cutting, I turned it into an impressive jewel-cased CD.  I'll take a couple pictures and post them.
interesting (you've spent more time with that album than I have... biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 03:36 PM)
...to get the spine to read correctly on the rack among your other CD's, you have to turn the CD upside-down...

or take 60 seconds and pop the jewel case, cut the c-card tabs off, and tape them back to the panel in the correct orientation

Your method takes more than 60 seconds. Not much more, but more. Mine takes two seconds.

If you're up for the project you suggest, perhaps you'd also be interested in what I did to the thin, environmentally-conscious packaging for "Feedback." With some creative cutting, I turned it into an impressive jewel-cased CD. I'll take a couple pictures and post them.

I'd love to see some pictures. It might show me how actually do it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 4 2011, 10:18 AM)
^ of course, by doing so, you'll be ruining the value

What "value"??

We're not talking about a "collector's item" CD here. The real cash value won't ever increase on "Feedback" - what I paid $6 for, I'd be lucky to get $1 for if I re-sold it, even if it was still shrink-wrapped in its original packaging.

Truly, the only value "Feedback" has is to the Rush fan who owns it, and I value the CD more now that I've taken scissors to that thin eco-friendly piece of cardboard and created a nice-looking jewel case package for it.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 4 2011, 09:45 AM)

Your method takes more than 60 seconds. Not much more, but more. Mine takes two seconds.

If you're up for the project you suggest, perhaps you'd also be interested in what I did to the thin, environmentally-conscious packaging for "Feedback." With some creative cutting, I turned it into an impressive jewel-cased CD. I'll take a couple pictures and post them.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Voila! That thin piece of cardboard has been turned into a handsome jewel-cased CD package. I especially like how the photo of the guys is under the clear tray for the CD.

^^^^nicely done! I will be giving this a shot after I pick up some empty jewel cases. I'll probably use the same method on my copy of Wolfmother's Cosmic Egg.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:42 PM)
Mine is right side up, but it was bought a little less than a year ago, so methinks they'd fixed the problem on later copies.

Maybe it's the company that is in charge of manufacturing the CDs. I bought my copy of Presto early this year/late last year and it's inverted.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 6 2011, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 4 2011, 09:45 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Voila! That thin piece of cardboard has been turned into a handsome jewel-cased CD package. I especially like how the photo of the guys is under the clear tray for the CD.

That looks really good! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 6 2011, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:42 PM)
Mine is right side up, but it was bought a little less than a year ago, so methinks they'd fixed the problem on later copies.

Maybe it's the company that is in charge of manufacturing the CDs. I bought my copy of Presto early this year/late last year and it's inverted.

Are the lyrics in the wrong order too, like mine?