Presto

yyzyy

My Presto linear notes are pressed wrong...It is upside down on the side of the album when the picture is on the righ side...and when the picture is upside down, the side is facing upwards (...side=Rush:Presto!!).

Sounds like a gem.

I remember some friends telling me once about a Beatles album cover that got recalled because it was too bloody or something, so the stores were taking them back and issuing out the new ones, whereas the ones that kept the original have a priceless collectors item now.

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 30 2004, 01:39 PM)
My Presto linear notes are pressed wrong...It is upside down on the side of the album when the picture is on the righ side...and when the picture is upside down, the side is facing upwards (...side=Rush:Presto!!).

Ok - through my confusion.... I think mine is the same way. If I can put if differently, let me know if I'm with you on this...

If I look at my Rush collection on a shelf, so all I'm seeing are the sides (spines) whatever.... all of the titles would face the same way, except for Presto. That's what both of my copies of the CD, do.

Yes???

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 01:59 PM)

Ok - through my confusion.... I think mine is the same way. If I can put if differently, let me know if I'm with you on this...

If I look at my Rush collection on a shelf, so all I'm seeing are the sides (spines) whatever.... all of the titles would face the same way, except for Presto. That's what both of my copies of the CD, do.

Yes???

yes.gif

That's the case with everyone I've ever heard from regarding this topic! confused13.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Nov 30 2004, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 30 2004, 01:59 PM)

Yes???

yes.gif

That's the case with everyone I've ever heard from regarding this topic! confused13.gif

Is the remaster print the same way?

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 10:55 AM)
Sounds like a gem.

I remember some friends telling me once about a Beatles album cover that got recalled because it was too bloody or something, so the stores were taking them back and issuing out the new ones, whereas the ones that kept the original have a priceless collectors item now.

My father has that exact album in his collection. That would be the album titled "Yesterday and Today", the original was a picture of the 4 with dead baby dolls strewn all over them.

http://www.eskimo.com/~bpentium/whobutch.html.

My father has the reissued one, but you can clearly see that it is simply a sticker over the original release, not a reprinted album. If you look at it, the sticker isnt all the way opaque and the outline of that photo can be seen.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 30 2004, 02:52 PM)
Sounds like a gem.

My father has that exact album in his collection. That would be the album titled "Yesterday and Today", the original was a picture of the 4 with dead baby dolls strewn all over them.

My father has the reissued one, but you can clearly see that it is simply a sticker over the original release, not a reprinted album. If you look at it, the sticker isnt all the way opaque and the outline of that photo can be seen.

Thanks. That's interesting stuff. I heard the originals (apparently w/o a sticker, i had thought it was a different cover completely) were worth a lot of dough.

Yes???

EXATCLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY...JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif

I had noticed the printing on the album spine beforeand thought ???? to myself. Since little things like that bother me, I just turned the album around in my case so that the other edge (the side that opens) faces up. Guess what, it's right side up! Woohoo!! yes.gif

BTW, I cannot comment on the issue of the side of the Presto cover. Less then 1 week after buying Presto, my cd case went AWOL. Luckily for me, the insert was removed and placed in my cd case along with the cd, so nothing vital went missing (except the back insert in question). Unlucky for me, both my Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I and II were in the cd case at the time and I had lost them. At the time, they were in heavy rotation in my cd player, so that really bummed me out. Thats ok though, a few months later I was able to burn a copy of each, but I would like the original cds sad.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 03:07 PM)
Sounds like a gem.

Thanks. That's interesting stuff. I heard the originals (apparently w/o a sticker, i had thought it was a different cover completely) were worth a lot of dough.

Actually the sticker that is on the album my father has is the new album cover, which looks like this.

http://www.mp3.com/images/cover/200/drg200/g281/g28173h2qe1.jpg

I am sure that when they issued the new albums, they were printed with this cover on the sleeve. But the version my father has was the old decapitated baby picture with the sticker of the new album cover ontop of it.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 30 2004, 11:17 PM)
Sounds like a gem.

Actually the sticker that is on the album my father has is the new album cover, which looks like this.

I am sure that when they issued the new albums, they were printed with this cover on the sleeve. But the version my father has was the old decapitated baby picture with the sticker of the new album cover ontop of it.

I remember reading about this 2 months ago or so. The original was only on the shelf for one day (that's why it's so rare!) Tthey were immediately pulled off the shelves, shipped back and had the new album cover photo overlayed and then re-shipped back out for distrubution. This lady I was reading about happened to be in the record store when they put the originals out for sale and she bought one and has had it ever since. According to my Price Guide to Collectable Record Albums (ver.1996), an original "butcher cover" (known as "first state")in mono have a NM value of $3,000 - $5,000 dollars and a stereo version in NM condition between $6,000 - $12,000. "Second state" LP's (with the "trunk cover" pasted over it) in mono have a NM value of $800 - $1,200 dollars and a stereo version in NM condition between $3,000 - $6,000.

"Second state" perfectly "peeled" LP's are valued between $1,000 and $6,000 and second pressing "trunk covers" with no overlays are valued between $75 and $400 in MN quality.

FYI laugh.gif

http://www.flensburg-online.de/beatles/butcher-cover.jpg

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 1 2004, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 30 2004, 11:17 PM)
Sounds like a gem.

I remember reading about this 2 months ago or so. The original was only on the shelf for one day (that's why it's so rare!) Tthey were immediately pulled off the shelves, shipped back and had the new album cover photo overlayed and then re-shipped back out for distrubution. This lady I was reading about happened to be in the record store when they put the originals out for sale and she bought one and has had it ever since. According to my Price Guide to Collectable Record Albums (ver.1996), an original "butcher cover" (known as "first state")in mono have a NM value of $3,000 - $5,000 dollars and a stereo version in NM condition between $6,000 - $12,000. "Second state" LP's (with the "trunk cover" pasted over it) in mono have a NM value of $800 - $1,200 dollars and a stereo version in NM condition between $3,000 - $6,000.

"Second state" perfectly "peeled" LP's are valued between $1,000 and $6,000 and second pressing "trunk covers" with no overlays are valued between $75 and $400 in MN quality.

FYI laugh.gif

http://www.flensburg-online.de/beatles/butcher-cover.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about! Thanks!

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 30 2004, 06:57 PM)

Yes???

EXATCLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY...JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif

Oh what you wrote is fine!! I just needed to make sure I wasn't f'ing it all up. Trust me, my confusion cannot be attributed to anyone by me. Not even oneone. laugh.gif

You must have been reading my mind. I always noticed that on my copy too. When I put the case and cd in my cd rack it has to be put face down and then the front of the cd is pointing down. I was looking at that again yesterday. Thanks for posting your observation. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mine is a re-issue and it is upside down too when I place them all the shelf. In addition, the lyrics are printed in the wrong order! I only bought it a couple of years ago - the last Rush album I purchased, so I don't know the songs very well yet. When I want to follow along, it's a little annoying that the songs are in the wrong order.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 30 2004, 07:13 PM)
Actually, my copy is perfectly normal, I don't know about any other British fans. It is an original copy which I bought on the day of release.

Same here...mine is the same way as all the others

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 30 2004, 01:59 PM)

Yes???

Yep, mine too. I think everybody's is like that. To get the spine to read correctly on the rack among your other CD's, you have to turn the CD upside-down.

I remember having this conversation on-line, about ten years ago, on a different Rush board.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 12:46 PM)
...to get the spine to read correctly on the rack among your other CD's, you have to turn the CD upside-down...

or take 60 seconds and pop the jewel case, cut the c-card tabs off, and tape them back to the panel in the correct orientation

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 3 2011, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 12:46 PM)
...to get the spine to read correctly on the rack among your other CD's, you have to turn the CD upside-down...

or take 60 seconds and pop the jewel case, cut the c-card tabs off, and tape them back to the panel in the correct orientation

Or just turn the CD upside-down. laugh.gif

Your method takes more than 60 seconds. Not much more, but more. Mine takes two seconds.

If you're up for the project you suggest, perhaps you'd also be interested in what I did to the thin, environmentally-conscious packaging for "Feedback." With some creative cutting, I turned it into an impressive jewel-cased CD. I'll take a couple pictures and post them.