Programs you can't live without...

launchpad67a

I'm sure all of us have programs we use everyday. Whether for work or play, there is software to runs our daily lives. I was thinking about what programs I couldn't live without and decided on these:

Photoshop

Macromedia Flash

Steinberg Wavelab (audio mastering)

Pro Tools (multi-track recording/editing)

Sony Vegas (video editing)

Edit Plus (html, script editing)

Notepad (just because it's there)

Limewire (file sharing)

AdAware/Spybot/RegEdit/ (internet/computer tools)

That might be it, out of the 300 programs on my machine. Those are the ones I use every single day!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are ALWAYS open: Outlook, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, AIM, MS Messenger

These I use everyday: Access, Excel, Paint Shop Pro (can't afford Photoshop yet), Word (hate it, who doesn't?), Notepad

These I use a lot: Win MX, Limewire, Visual Basic 7, FoxPro 7, Nero, Bit Torrent client

There's others on my home PC I can't immediately recall.....

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 30 2004, 12:59 PM)
These are ALWAYS open: Outlook, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, AIM, MS Messenger

These I use everyday: Access, Excel, Paint Shop Pro (can't afford Photoshop yet), Word (hate it, who doesn't?), Notepad

These I use a lot: Win MX, Limewire, Visual Basic 7, FoxPro 7, Nero, Bit Torrent client

Using VB .Net yet?

Hm, let's see...

Every day -- Trillian, Boxer, IE, Outlook Express, Media Player, Excel, Word, McAfee AV, Notepad

Almost every day -- Canon PhotoRecord, Paint Shop Pro, Macromedia Fireworks, HomeSite, AdAware, ZoneAlarm, Norton AV

On occasion but can't live without -- Flash 5, WS FTP, Easy CD Creator

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 10:41 AM)
Unreal Tournament
Internet Explorer
Windows Explorer
Outlook Express
Nero Ultra 6
BPFTP
CuteFTP
Anohter Bit Torrent Client (ABC)
Pokerstars Client
Paradise Poker Client

CuteFTP is a great program.

Ever try partypoker?

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 01:18 PM)
Unreal Tournament
Internet Explorer
Windows Explorer
Outlook Express
Nero Ultra 6
BPFTP
CuteFTP
Pokerstars Client
Paradise Poker Client

Ever try partypoker?

Yes, I played at Partypoker for a long time, but here is what happened. They started advertising on The TRavel Channel with that douche bag from WPT and all of a sudden there were 25,000 people new there. Why is that bad? I hat eplaying with shitty poker players. I would rather play against a professional any day. Professional/good players are predictable. You get these new guys going all in with pocket 2's and they end up lucking out and drawing a third one on the flop or something. A good player would never all in (call OR raise) on 2/2... Crap like that. PokerStars is a place with much better players. I like that.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 11:21 AM)
Unreal Tournament
Internet Explorer
Windows Explorer
Outlook Express
Nero Ultra 6
BPFTP
CuteFTP
Pokerstars Client
Paradise Poker Client

Ever try partypoker?

Yes, I played at Partypoker for a long time, but here is what happened. They started advertising on The TRavel Channel with that douche bag from WPT and all of a sudden there were 25,000 people new there. Why is that bad? I hat eplaying with shitty poker players. I would rather play against a professional any day. Professional/good players are predictable. You get these new guys going all in with pocket 2's and they end up lucking out and drawing a third one on the flop or something. A good player would never all in (call OR raise) on 2/2... Crap like that. PokerStars is a place with much better players. I like that.

Yes, that's a good point. you never know what they are up to. I always fold with a crappy pair, only to see it come around on the river. mad.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 11:21 AM)
Unreal Tournament
Internet Explorer
Windows Explorer
Outlook Express
Nero Ultra 6
BPFTP
CuteFTP
Pokerstars Client
Paradise Poker Client

Ever try partypoker?

Yes, that's a good point. you never know what they are up to. I always fold with a crappy pair, only to see it come around on the river. mad.gif

My fianl blowout was in a $100+10 multi table tourney (don't think that because it is $110 entry you only get sucky players - sucky players also have money to spend). I had AA preflop, went all in for 11,000 in chips, he called having a stack of around 10,000 and guess what he had.... Yep, the absolutely shittiest hand in poker - 2 7 offsuit. So I am happy... Gonna double up... What comes on the flop? a 7... No Ace... Still ok.... the turn? No problem.... The river comes? A f*cking 7 again... so he beat me with 2/7 offsuit. That was the end of Partypoker for me that day. I stuck around nd watched him, he went thru the 20,000 in chips within 30 hands and was gone with a $0 win... Really pissed me off. I rarely see that at PS or Paradise.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 01:08 PM)

Using VB .Net yet?

Yes, I'm very much behind the times, I know it.

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 30 2004, 01:29 PM)

Using VB .Net yet?

Not really. I would personally feel more comfortable with 7. Know what my copy is? Version 5 LOL Shows how much I use it nowadays laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 01:31 PM)

Using VB .Net yet?

Not really. I would personally feel more comfortable with 7. Know what my copy is? Version 5 LOL Shows how much I use it nowadays laugh.gif

Ok. I don't feel so behind the times now. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 30 2004, 11:47 AM)

Using VB .Net yet?

BSG, you probably use Lotus 1-2-3 inbetween heated games of "The Oregon Trail"

cat.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 30 2004, 11:47 AM)

Using VB .Net yet?

BSG, you probably use Lotus 1-2-3 inbetween heated games of "The Oregon Trail"

cat.gif moon.gif

Yeah, and I write COBOL for fun!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 09:30 PM)
CD-R Label - great for taking your boot artwork to print out CD jackets.

Anyone use anything different?

I actually use just MS Paint if in jpg format and adobe if in .pdf format. I print highest quality on photo paper and they look phenominal.

Hmm lets see...

Musicmatch

Windows Movie Maker

BCDC++

MSN

Internet Explorer

Icewind Dale smile.gif

Roxio

Internet programs/docters...Ad Aware I love you!

Power DVD

I remember playing Oregon Trails, in computer class!!! I always died from a snake bite tho..lol

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 30 2004, 09:30 PM)
CD-R Label - great for taking your boot artwork to print out CD jackets.

Anyone use anything different?

I actually use just MS Paint if in jpg format and adobe if in .pdf format. I print highest quality on photo paper and they look phenominal.

That they do, RR. I was wondering how you got the labels for the cds. Very clever, I am sure if I thought of it long enough, I woulda figured it out.

Archived