Check out my new solo tracks...

I used to play bass in a few bands, including a short-lived Rush tribute band. (Short-lived because we never got a singer, but we did perform an 11-minute instrumental Rush medley at some open mic nights around Atlanta in 2001-2002.)

Anyway... since the kids came along, I haven't really been in bands, but I've worked on some solo instrumental recordings. (I'm a multi-instrumentalist. I actually started on clarinet, then sax, but the woodwinds only make occasional appearances in my recorded music. It's mostly guitar-based.)

Not really prog rock, although there are some elements. I recorded the last few with Pro Tools LE and an Mbox, but this time around I'm using GarageBand. I'm really floored by all of the features it includes, not to mention the ease of use! So far I haven't really found anything Pro Tools can do that GarageBand can't, and lots of things GarageBand has built-in that are only possible with Pro Tools with expensive add-ons. (Plus, I love the fact that you can apply effects to tracks in a non-destructive way.)

But I digress. I've put together a page on my website for the new CD I'm working on, tentatively titled Hors d'Oeuvreture, with full tracks posted as I complete them. (They're MP3s, but they're embedded in a small Flash-based audio player, so you need Flash to be able to listen.)

Check it out!

Edited by Room 34