The String Quartet - Rush tribute

Indica

Has anyone heard the tribute to Rush from The String Quartet? I didn't know if I would like it or not so I downloaded a couple songs and I think it's awesome. I'd buy the CD if I can find it anywhere.

It's cool because it's relaxing and it's easy to sing along with the music since theres no vocals. Has anyone else heard this? I would recommend it to any hard core Rush fan.

Indy - I have it. It's titled Exit Stage Right. Personally, I think it's incredible, and worth getting. They did an outstanding job of keeping true to the arrangements of the songs. It just works. I don't believe you'll be disappointed. smile.gif

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000068QYH.01._PE12_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oh and look. It's 12% off through amazon. laugh.gif Is this available through the Forum Store?

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 30 2004, 08:53 AM)
There's a second one which is essentially the whole of the 2112 album done in orchestral fashion. There's a link to a sample somewhere which I'll root out and post in a little while.

This one should be good as well. The guy responsible actually took a poll on another message board a while back when he was making the 2112 tribute. He asked us all if he should stay with the quartet to do the whole album of if he should introduce a 5th instrument "The Guitar" for the one obvious place it would fit in. I don't recall the final decision from his poll so it will be fun to hear what he decided. I wonder if he will make any mention of the board helping with his decision in the liner notes.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 10:41 AM)
Yes it is. http://www.therushforum.com/TRFStore

The person respoinsible for it is also a member here.

ohmy.gif RR I misunderstood your post. I thought you were somehow referring to the Forum Store, not the CD. That person is a member here????

I don't know who you are, but THANK YOU!!! Outstanding work!!!!!

trink39.gif trink38.gif

People tend to chat more in the evenings here...right now, where I'm located, it's 11:10 a.m. I'm at work.

Yes, I am. Can't you tell? tongue.gif

QUOTE (ben_mardous @ Nov 30 2004, 12:01 PM)
hi,
i actually heard it at work yesterday. it is pretty amazing. especially YYZ. it sounds like Phillip Glass or something!

Welcome to the board!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 30 2004, 09:41 AM)
Yes it is. http://www.therushforum.com/TRFStore

The person respoinsible for it is also a member here.

His name is Todd Rubenstein, I think.

Archived