Power Windows

rickyrob

Just ordered Power Windows online today!

Can't wait! Will be the first time listen for me! I love HYF, Presto, etc, so I imagine this one will do me just fine laugh.gif

Listening to Presto and Rush in Rio today while working on the theater! (Why I tell you these things, I don't know 2.gif )

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Dec 1 2004, 11:34 AM)

Can't wait! Will be the first time listen for me! I love HYF, Presto, etc, so I imagine this one will do me just fine laugh.gif

Listening to Presto and Rush in Rio today while working on the theater! (Why I tell you these things, I don't know 2.gif )

Tell me you have "Grace Under Pressure". Not literally, the CD.

Enjoy Power Windows!! I even like the songs others don't seem to. Emotion Detector, Mystic rythms..

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 1 2004, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (King Rygar @ Dec 1 2004, 04:34 PM)

Because we don't get out much and want to know biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 1 2004, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 30 2004, 03:07 PM)
One time, I'll put it on and think its the best thing since dried bread

Why is dried bread good?

That is the onset of senility. Of course I meant to say sliced bread doh.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 1 2004, 12:36 PM)

Why is dried bread good?

Doesn't it always seem though, that unsliced bread is of a much higher quality??

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 1 2004, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 1 2004, 12:04 PM)

Why is dried bread good?

Have you ever had wet bread??

Ewww yes. NOT GOOD!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I thought it was "the best thing since "sliced" bread"

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 1 2004, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (King Rygar @ Dec 1 2004, 11:34 AM)

Can't wait! Will be the first time listen for me! I love HYF, Presto, etc, so I imagine this one will do me just fine  laugh.gif

Tell me you have "Grace Under Pressure". Not literally, the CD.

Enjoy Power Windows!! I even like the songs others don't seem to. Emotion Detector, Mystic rythms..

Oh, do I ever OWN Grace Under Pressure...

That's my favorite, and in my life, grace is under pressure. Well, from someone's perspective, that is... yes.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 1 2004, 05:39 PM)

Why is dried bread good?

Doesn't it always seem though, that unsliced bread is of a much higher quality??

I always think so then, like a couple of weeks ago, I end up nearly slicing my finger off and change my mind doh.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 1 2004, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (King Rygar @ Dec 1 2004, 04:34 PM)

Because we don't get out much and want to know biggrin.gif

Really? I'm not alone in that? I have a few really good friends who indeed like Rush, but I love Rush. It's good to have a place where I can stand on common ground and just say "Hey, I listened to "This" today" and people give a crap. Thank you!

I plan on having a party here when the theater is done. Of course, only decent folk from this forum! I shall reveal my website of theater progress here soon, when it is worth looking at.

Until then.... I'm 2.gif ing the construction. To Rush no less smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 30 2004, 10:16 PM)
TERRITORIES....must I repeat? ok

TERRITORIES!!! biggrin.gif

I hear ya!!! 653.gif

Territories and Marathon are top-notch, Emotion Detector and Middletown Dreams are also okay. Big Money...well, I really need to be in the right mood to enjoy this one...Mystic Rhythms...errr...I tend to go for the stop button before this one gets a chance to be aired... Manhattan Project leaves me cold, like a documentary I can't get into... And Grand Designs is a song I don't care to expose my poor ears to willingly.

All in all, I like PoW much more now than when I got it. My expectations were high enough, of course -I had fallen in love with Signals, Grace AND HYF before that so logically I suppose PoW should have made a positive impact on me. Not a chance! laugh.gif It took me months to find an entire song here that I really liked. Territories was it and after that I have warmed to the record considerably. Though it still doesn't quite make my top ten Rush albums-list... The production does seem cold and sterile and I don't care for the tone of Geddy's vocals in particular; no warmth!

Why is dried bread good?

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2004, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 1 2004, 02:49 AM)

I thought this about 'Hold Your Fire', not so much about 'Power Windows' though.

Yes, the "cold and sterile sound" period definitely peaked with Hold Your Fire, but I think it started with Power Windows.

Hold Your Fire is NOT cold and sterile!! dazed025.gif

Why even the title is pretty hot. joker.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 30 2004, 09:02 AM)
I only have Power Windows on vinyl and I hadn't touch a vinyl album in years. I recently set up my turntable to play again and put Power Windows on. I'd forgotten how good this album is. Territories in particular sounds fab, esp Alex's screaming guitar....cool AlexFinal.gif 653.gif

Anybody else done this recently, not played anything for ages then put it on and wondered why it took so long to play again?

Got to agree with you. Power Windows is a great album. The first time I saw Rush was on this tour. I especially enjoy Manhattan Project, Grand Designs, and The Big Money. But, then again, everytime I listen to a Rush cd I have not listened to in a while I seem to find something new in it.

QUOTE (Proggy @ Dec 1 2004, 03:09 PM)

I thought this about 'Hold Your Fire', not so much about 'Power Windows' though.

Yes, the "cold and sterile sound" period definitely peaked with Hold Your Fire, but I think it started with Power Windows.

The music on HYF isn't cold and sterile, but the production is. The instruments sound thin and tinny, at least to me. (And the massive amounts of keyboards added to that.) Counterparts and Moving Pictures, for instance, have a nice warm, heavy sound to them.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2004, 03:25 PM)

The music on HYF isn't cold and sterile, but the production is. The instruments sound thin and tinny, at least to me. (And the massive amounts of keyboards added to that.) Counterparts and Moving Pictures, for instance, have a nice warm, heavy sound to them.

Wow, personally I can't think of a warmer bass sound than the one found on HYF! Love it to bits. And even the keyboards sound warm and lush on this record. not so on PoW though... Fascinating how people can hear music so differently! LOL

I've always thought that 2112, COS, PeW and HYF are the warmest sounding records in the catalogue... And from MP only RB sounds truly warm to me...

QUOTE (Proggy @ Dec 1 2004, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2004, 03:25 PM)

Wow, personally I can't think of a warmer bass sound than the one found on HYF! Love it to bits. And even the keyboards sound warm and lush on this record. not so on PoW though... Fascinating how people can hear music so differently! LOL

I've always thought that 2112, COS, PeW and HYF are the warmest sounding records in the catalogue... And from MP only RB sounds truly warm to me...

2112 is just amazing all around in my opinion 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Archived