The Macallan

HAZMAT001

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 20 2005, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 20 2005, 04:59 PM)
062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, no. I didn't drink THAT many cosmos. laugh.gif Just enough to have a really good time and a good night's sleep. In my clothes. rofl3.gif

I have some rememberance of that.. some..

laugh.gif

We cracked open the Grand Reserve when my son was born 6 months ago. trink38.gif

Bar far, the smoooothest of the Macs. Too bad it sells for 300 on Ebay.

The Englander was very nice, but I do not know if it is available in the US. (Someone picked it up in the land of RUSH).

The 25 was nice, but the 18 was nicer. Go figure.

David

I'm sure they must have done to a degree; I've seen so many posts from Rush fans who've tried the Macallan, and this thread is testament to that phenomenon biggrin.gif

In all seriousness I would urge people keen to try a single malt to seek out other brands; there are many better alternatives than the Macallan. I like Islays myself, but if you want to stick with a Speyside, the Glenlivet is much nicer than the Macallan in my view. It has a lovely velvety edge, where the Macallan tends to be rather nondescript.

• Like 1

i gave lorne wheaton a bottle at the ss pref. stop in la but have'nt gotten any feedback from it. he said the chance of neil getting the bottle were excellent . so i left a buisness card with it but no thing yet.

A bunch of us are buying a friend of ours a bottle of the 18 for his 40th this weekend. If he shares, I get to try some. If he doesn't share - I get to knock him on the head and have the whole bottle! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Mar 28 2006, 04:26 PM)
A bunch of us are buying a friend of ours a bottle of the 18 for his 40th this weekend. If he shares, I get to try some. If he doesn't share - I get to knock him on the head and have the whole bottle! trink38.gif

Me too. But imagine he's allergic to alcohol? laugh.gif rofl3.gif

I just tried The Macallan for the first time last week. Got the 12 yr. It was superb. Much nicer than a 12 yr Fiddich. But more $ I have to save up now and snag me some 18yr.

mmmm Scotch. Scotchy-Scotch-Scotch.

trink38.gif

Hope the 18yr doesnt repeat like that ^^.

pokey.gif biggrin.gif

....I dont drink anything to get drunk. Being drunk sucks. Now a nice buzz...mmmmmmm.

I have only recently gotten into Scotch at all, because I discovered that my in laws have connections to Glenmorangie out of Scotland. I decided to try it and I really enjoy the 12 yr "wood finish" kinds. There are four to choose from and I've had a few fifths of each now. When I's a little broke if even go for the 10 yr and it is pretty good too.

I either sip straight out of a shot glass or pour over three ice cubes in a tumbler (before I read that in TM).

I'd like to try The Macallan because of Neil, of course. I don't care whether or not it's the best just to try it. What kind does Neil drink? Or does he mix it up? Or does anyone even know? It must be a kind one can get in the liquor store, eh? Because he drinks it whilst traveling?

Edited by MikeEdisonBaggins

In all honesty? I like any single malt scotch over 15 years old. They're smooth and the wood taste and smoothness is what I enjoy. I drank jack and coke or Early Times and I gag, until I get plastered. But I haven't done that for awhile. Still, I'm not dedicated to one drink but Neil's taste for Macallan made me decide to drink it wink.gif Oh and what blows me away? Didn't Neil have a flask?