Movies That Shouldn't Have Had Sequels

Test4VitalSigns

Major League III. The first two that were about the Cleveland Indians are two of the best movies that I own, but the third is just idiotic. They changed it to a minor league club, and the only character from the first two that is still there is Dorn, and he doesn't even play the guy he did in the previous movies. That's my biggest dissapointment sequel. Does anyone else agree with me on this? Any Major League fans here? Great movie (First 2!!!) 1022.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 29 2004, 10:27 PM)
Major League III. The first two that were about the Cleveland Indians are two of the best movies that I own, but the third is just idiotic. They changed it to a minor league club, and the only character from the first two that is still there is Dorn, and he doesn't even play the guy he did in the previous movies. That's my biggest dissapointment sequel. Does anyone else agree with me on this? Any Major League fans here? Great movie (First 2!!!) 1022.gif

I saw and loved the first one, but I never saw II or III.

'Ees very bad to take Jobu's rum. Ees very bad.'

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 29 2004, 10:31 PM)
Major League III.  The first two that were about the Cleveland Indians are two of the best movies that I own, but the third is just idiotic.  They changed it to a minor league club, and the only character from the first two that is still there is Dorn, and he doesn't even play the guy he did in the previous movies.  That's my biggest dissapointment sequel.  Does anyone else agree with me on this?  Any Major League fans here?  Great movie (First 2!!!)  1022.gif

I saw and loved the first one, but I never saw II or III.

'Ees very bad to take Jobu's rum. Ees very bad.'

Same here Jack.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 29 2004, 09:19 PM)
Problem Child 2 - first one shouldn't have been made either

I didn't care for the Austin Powers sequels, either

Star Trek V

The two ST:TNG movies after the one with the Borg weren't very good

Have to disagree with u on Austin Powers...all 3 were hilarious!

I'm pretty sure Pedro was in the 3rd one as well...Could be wrong as it is a unmemorable movie....

I haven't yet read the other reponses, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the original Highlander was great, and the rest just sucked big-time. Also very un-worthy was any and all "The Crow" sequels. Sorry, Brandon Lee was the Crow and that's that.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:56 AM)
I haven't yet read the other reponses, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the original Highlander was great, and the rest just sucked big-time. Also very un-worthy was any and all "The Crow" sequels. Sorry, Brandon Lee was the Crow and that's that.

I did mention Highlander in the first post but good call on the Crow..I agree 1000%..that was Brandon Lee's movie all the way and the fact that he died while making it adds to the aura and the mystic of the film. The subsequent sequels just ruins the whole thing and trashes on Brandon's memory. They also made a real crappy tv show as well.

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 29 2004, 06:24 PM)
Superman III - sheer blasphemy I say (and was there a Superman 4?...and does Supergirl count) 062802puke_prv.gif

I dont know about you guys, but I loved all the Superman movies. What is wrong with you tongue.gif

One thing that comes to mind that no one mentioned is the Land Before Time movies, they made like 8 or 9 of those sucker and the first was the only half decent one. Also the Silence of the Lambs sequels, Hannibal and Red Dragon. They should have left the story alone with "Silence.."

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:56 AM)
Also very un-worthy was any and all "The Crow" sequels. Sorry, Brandon Lee was the Crow and that's that.

I can't agree with you more. The first one was great and it should have been left alone.

I dont know about you guys, but I loved all the Superman movies. What is wrong with you

The first two were great, then the third ruined it.

I'm a little optimistic though with the new Supes film "Superman Returns." I'm happy that they're scrapping the third and fourth Superman films, and basicly just acting like they never happened, but I'm also kinda wishing this was more like "Batman Begins" and completly restarting the franchise instead of continuing it. I'm also nervous about Bryan Singer in the directors chair. Sure he did an excellent job with the X-Men movies, but I'm just uneasy about him helming a Superman project. I guess we'll see how Brandon Routh turns out as Supes as well in this one.

Also the Silence of the Lambs sequels, Hannibal and Red Dragon. They should have left the story alone with "Silence.."

I didn't care much for Hannibal, but I loved Red Dragon.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 30 2004, 12:32 PM)

Also the Silence of the Lambs sequels, Hannibal and Red Dragon. They should have left the story alone with "Silence.."

I didn't care much for Hannibal, but I loved Red Dragon.

I thought the ending to Hannibal the film was better than the book's ending, which I hated.

I understand Thomas Harris is writing another Hannibal novel, but I can't remember if it's a sequel or a book about how Hannibal became a cannibal.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Dec 1 2004, 11:44 AM)
I understand Thomas Harris is writing another Hannibal novel, but I can't remember if it's a sequel or a book about how Hannibal became a cannibal.

It's not a sequel. I heard it's about how a young Hannibal became a cannibal. Supposedly the film rights are already secured (without the book being released yet!), and Anthony Hopkins will not be involved (natch).

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2004, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Dec 1 2004, 11:44 AM)

It's not a sequel. I heard it's about how a young Hannibal became a cannibal. Supposedly the film rights are already secured (without the book being released yet!), and Anthony Hopkins will not be involved (natch).

(Ahem).

www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1426