the underrated side of zeppelin

fledgehog

Poor Tom has one of my favorite Bonham beats ever. I don't know if it was originally just an exercise, or something they looped to make the song after his death, but that is one cool beat.

:yes:

Yes...it is a great little shuffle beat. All original recording, too- nothing was looped, added or enhanced. The song we know is just the way it was recorded, in May of 1970.

:)

• Like 2

Another song I think is underrated is this song... it's a great way to end side one of of HOTH.

Has Anybody Seen the Bridge ?

http://youtu.be/9ONE2MZqRkM

Where's that confounded bridge?

• Like 2

So I broke out a collection of studio outtakes that I have, and almost never listen to...I think it was Jaminbenb with whom I was discussing it in another thread, maybe last week. I almost never listen to it (I really can't remember the last time I did). But I decided to today.

Some really interesting things...eleven discs in all, spanning virtually all of their studio sessions from 1968 to 1980.

:musicnote: :7up: :musicnote:

• Like 2

I used to have an issue with this band, based on the fact they plagiarised many songs.

I still believe they did, but when I finally got around to hearing the songs they plagiarised, I could not deny that the Zep had much better songs! So the took elements of certain songs and just made it their own, and rocked so hard with it!

Not a massive fan, but the songs they plagiarised really aren't worth the bother.

So what?

Just saying my little piece. I don't claim to be a big fan, but I enjoy what I enjoy from this band, and it is a lot!

i didn't know that Rush was one of Jimmy Page's favorite bands. Did you?

I read that in the book Hammer of the Gods.

Hahaha

That's the book I am reading and where I got it from! Except the adjective the author used to describe Rush evoked this reaction from me ------------------> :o

Hahaha

That's the book I am reading and where I got it from! Except the adjective the author used to describe Rush evoked this reaction from me ------------------> :o

That's amazing if it's true. By the way, what adjective did the author use? I'm guessing he's not a fan?

Hahaha

That's amazing if it's true. By the way, what adjective did the author use? I'm guessing he's not a fan?

I'll type out the paragraph for you. I hate when an author can't keep himself/herself out of a book.

All the interviewers wanted to know Page's views on Heavy Metal music, which in the 1980s had succeeded rock & roll as the preferred music of the rebellious American adolescent. "We were never a heavy metal band," Page said, referring to the departed Zeppelin. "We were hard rock --- although we may have had areas which were what is called Heavy Metal." Of the success of The Firm's American tour, Page said, "it establishes what I believe in: if you play music with conviction, it's still accepted." Asked which Metal bands he admired, Page singled out the dreaded Canadian group Rush for particular praise.

:o

Edited by Lorraine

Hahaha

I'll type out the paragraph for you. I hate when an author can't keep himself/herself out of a book.

All the interviewers wanted to know Page's views on Heavy Metal music, which in the 1980s had succeeded rock & roll as the preferred music of the rebellious American adolescent. "We were never a heavy metal band," Page said, referring to the departed Zeppelin. "We were hard rock --- although we may have had areas which were what is called Heavy Metal." Of the success of The Firm's American tour, Page said, "it establishes what I believe in: if you play music with conviction, it's still accepted." Asked which Metal bands he admired, Page singled out the dreaded Canadian group Rush for particular praise.

:o

Thanks for the quotation. :) I'm sure he meant "dreaded" in a nice way . . .

• Like 1