Another convert!

Finbar

My friend Karl is one of the most open-minded people I know when it comes to music. He'll give most anything a try. He's a huge fan of my music and my band. And when I send him twenty minute epics on MSN, he always takes the trouble to listen and give me feedback!

A long while ago, I'd forgotten about it, I'd sent him the Exit...Stage Left version of YYZ which he later commented on how amazing the drum solo was, and the studio version of 2112. You can imagine my surprise when I mention I'm listening to Rush on MSN, and he says, "Rush is amazing!!! After you showed me those songs, I went and downloaded The Spirit of Radio, Natural Science, Working Man," etc. I was astounded. He then went on to praise Rush and go into detail about why they're so awesome. "I love the replay value, the songs have so many layers to them, you never hear them quite the same twice." "Another great thing about Rush, the lyrics. They've got so much depth." "And they're amazing at playing their instruments."

And then the million dollar question.

Finbar: "So you don't find Geddy Lee's voice annoying? When I try to show people Rush, that's usually their objection."

Karl: "No, I find it quite interesting."

Finbar strikes again! 1287.gif

Archived