Jump to content


THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS


  • Please log in to reply
1913 replies to this topic

#1881 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 February 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

GO EAGLES!!!!

The NOT FOR LONG League is a FIX.

If it wasn't for the "FUCKK RULE" the Raiders would have won that game fair and square in the snow.  A complete joke!

The Patriots did win the game fair and square.  The rule was the rule.

Rick!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!  THAT RULE WAS REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS FRAUD!

I NEED TO FIX THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD:

"THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SUCK"

FIXED!!!  CAPS ON!

Sponsored Post

#1882 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62542 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:32 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 February 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

GO EAGLES!!!!

The NOT FOR LONG League is a FIX.

If it wasn't for the "FUCKK RULE" the Raiders would have won that game fair and square in the snow.  A complete joke!

The Patriots did win the game fair and square.  The rule was the rule.

According to the league and the destruction of the tape you cheated in the Super Bowl.  Cheating pricks.  Ive got one more day to fantasize - I hope we win and you guys finally admit you had JFK murdered.  Also that you colluded with the Russians to support Trump, had lawn darts banned, and encourage Yoko Ono to f-ck with The Beatles.  lol.

Edited by lerxt1990, 04 February 2018 - 01:33 AM.


#1883 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

View Postlerxt1990, on 04 February 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 February 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

GO EAGLES!!!!

The NOT FOR LONG League is a FIX.

If it wasn't for the "FUCKK RULE" the Raiders would have won that game fair and square in the snow.  A complete joke!

The Patriots did win the game fair and square.  The rule was the rule.

According to the league and the destruction of the tape you cheated in the Super Bowl.  Cheating pricks.  Ive got one more day to fantasize - I hope we win and you guys finally admit you had JFK murdered.  Also that you colluded with the Russians to support Trump, had lawn darts banned, and encourage Yoko Ono to f-ck with The Beatles.  lol.

Cheated.  Lol.

#1884 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 February 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

GO EAGLES!!!!

The NOT FOR LONG League is a FIX.

If it wasn't for the "FUCKK RULE" the Raiders would have won that game fair and square in the snow.  A complete joke!

The Patriots did win the game fair and square.  The rule was the rule.

Rick!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!  THAT RULE WAS REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS FRAUD!

I NEED TO FIX THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD:

"THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SUCK"

FIXED!!!  CAPS ON!

They changed the rule, true.  AFTER THAT HAPPENED!  CAPS ON! :)

#1885 MusicHead

MusicHead

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1272 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MO
  • Interests:God, writing, family, football, Dean Koontz, music, all things Spidey and Marvel.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

Rushoffailtothehead and laughedatbyeveryone must share the same speechwriter.

GO PATS! GET#6!

Edited by MusicHead, 04 February 2018 - 07:27 AM.


#1886 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 February 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

GO EAGLES!!!!

The NOT FOR LONG League is a FIX.

If it wasn't for the "FUCKK RULE" the Raiders would have won that game fair and square in the snow.  A complete joke!

The Patriots did win the game fair and square.  The rule was the rule.

Rick!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!  THAT RULE WAS REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS FRAUD!

I NEED TO FIX THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD:

"THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SUCK"

FIXED!!!  CAPS ON!

They changed the rule, true.  AFTER THAT HAPPENED!  CAPS ON! :)

I know!!  IT FIGURES!

#1887 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostMusicHead, on 04 February 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Rushoffailtothehead and laughedatbyeveryone must share the same speechwriter.

GO PATS! GET#6!

HAHAHAHA!  Very creative there!!

EAGLES BABY!!!!  PATRIOTS SUCK!

#1888 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62542 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

One thing for sure - we won, but New England is a beast.  An absolute beast.  Brady can still throw the ball and march down the field.  Holy f-ck.  It also took not turning the ball over and not committing penalties and going for it on 4th down to beat NE.  F-cking beasts.

#1889 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

View Postlerxt1990, on 05 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

One thing for sure - we won, but New England is a beast.  An absolute beast.  Brady can still throw the ball and march down the field.  Holy f-ck.  It also took not turning the ball over and not committing penalties and going for it on 4th down to beat NE.  F-cking beasts.

Brady played as well this year as he ever has.    

He was matched on Sunday by Foles, another guy who people should love.  Until he wins again.  Then the knives are coming.  ;)

Enjoy the parade Lerxt.

#1890 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62542 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 February 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postlerxt1990, on 05 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

One thing for sure - we won, but New England is a beast.  An absolute beast.  Brady can still throw the ball and march down the field.  Holy f-ck.  It also took not turning the ball over and not committing penalties and going for it on 4th down to beat NE.  F-cking beasts.

Brady played as well this year as he ever has.

He was matched on Sunday by Foles, another guy who people should love.  Until he wins again.  Then the knives are coming.  ;)

Enjoy the parade Lerxt.

Will do.

#1891 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 59225 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

#1892 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.

#1893 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20075 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
I think there should be a certain amount of fear to bring out the respect factor.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the driving force but fear should be in the mix.  The number one thing you want from your players is loyalty.  And the best way to cultivate loyalty is by inspiring them.  Still, fear is a healthy part of the mix imo.

#1894 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 59225 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 12 February 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
I think there should be a certain amount of fear to bring out the respect factor.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the driving force but fear should be in the mix.  The number one thing you want from your players is loyalty.  And the best way to cultivate loyalty is by inspiring them.  Still, fear is a healthy part of the mix imo.
I think, because of its complexity, football takes a different level and kind of discipline than, say, baseball or basketball.

#1895 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5387 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

Is it Lil' Tommie or is it Zoolander?  Posted Image

#1896 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 59225 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
In education we refer to what we call having a "level of concern".  Simply put (so a even a guy like you can understand? [hee hee] ), people perform better when they care  (enough, but not too much). A healthy level of concern can be fostered in many ways, including with fear (a negative leadership style) or with praise (a positive leadership style) or combinations of the two.  A neutral climate/culture tends to be ineffective.  

The downside of using fear and discipline to motivate people is that, while it can produce results, in the long run it fosters resentment.

#1897 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Postgoose, on 13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
In education we refer to what we call having a "level of concern".  Simply put (so a even a guy like you can understand? [hee hee] ), people perform better when they care  (enough, but not too much). A healthy level of concern can be fostered in many ways, including with fear (a negative leadership style) or with praise (a positive leadership style) or combinations of the two.  A neutral climate/culture tends to be ineffective.  

The downside of using fear and discipline to motivate people is that, while it can produce results, in the long run it fosters resentment.

I don't think "fear" of losing your job is necessarily using "fear" as a leadership style, if that makes sense.  If you're not producing you're going to lose your job.  If you care, you "fear" that happening.  But I think of "fear" as a leadership style more in the sense of threatening and intimidating people.

#1898 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 13 February 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
In education we refer to what we call having a "level of concern".  Simply put (so a even a guy like you can understand? [hee hee] ), people perform better when they care  (enough, but not too much). A healthy level of concern can be fostered in many ways, including with fear (a negative leadership style) or with praise (a positive leadership style) or combinations of the two.  A neutral climate/culture tends to be ineffective.  

The downside of using fear and discipline to motivate people is that, while it can produce results, in the long run it fosters resentment.

I don't think "fear" of losing your job is necessarily using "fear" as a leadership style, if that makes sense.  If you're not producing you're going to lose your job.  If you care, you "fear" that happening.  But I think of "fear" as a leadership style more in the sense of threatening and intimidating people.

EDIT:  And, yes, I got the "so even a guy like you can understand," reference.  :)

#1899 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20075 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 13 February 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Lots of talk today around Belichik having a "fear-based" approach to his team.  Thoughts?

Fear is ultimately not a healthy way to motivate people.
In education we refer to what we call having a "level of concern".  Simply put (so a even a guy like you can understand? [hee hee] ), people perform better when they care  (enough, but not too much). A healthy level of concern can be fostered in many ways, including with fear (a negative leadership style) or with praise (a positive leadership style) or combinations of the two.  A neutral climate/culture tends to be ineffective.  

The downside of using fear and discipline to motivate people is that, while it can produce results, in the long run it fosters resentment.

I don't think "fear" of losing your job is necessarily using "fear" as a leadership style, if that makes sense.  If you're not producing you're going to lose your job.  If you care, you "fear" that happening.  But I think of "fear" as a leadership style more in the sense of threatening and intimidating people.
I suppose I'm viewing "fear" as a leadership style differently than you and goose.  Tom Landry was feared but he wasn't a threatening person.  I feared my Dad but I loved him and never carried resentment.  There are many ways a leader can make his men fear him.

#1900 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5387 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

I can relate this to dog training (the style of which seems to be verboten raising kids). Using negative reinforcement will accomplish what you want, but the dog will be afraid of you. Positive reinforcement will foster a happier dog who wants to be a part of what you're doing vs doing it because if I don't, I'll get a whack or shock (yes, most field training dolts still use a shock collar for correction).




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users