THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

• Please log in to reply
1860 replies to this topic

#1841 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 08 February 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 08 February 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postg under p, on 08 February 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Say I wonder did that kid show up to the PATRIOTS parade with his sign 10 championship parades 13 years old? Something like that, even as a Patriot fan that kid could use a, oops up side your head. He has no idea how long of a drought the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox went through.....There's been no suffering for that youngster.

My favorite was this guy in Copley Square holding up his dog so it could get a batter view of the parade.

Posted Image

Yeah, 15 yrs old , 10 championship parades. Damn kids are spoiled today. I was 15 in '86.. The year of the great Sox meltdown .. how times change.

One teenager's Super Bowl parade sign shows how absurdly fortunate Boston sports fans are - Mashable
https://apple.news/A...YPSW0594_xcTDWQ

It's even funnier to watch a game with a kid that age.  My son is 13.  When they were down by 16 points, he said, "they're still in this thing."  Because that's all he's known, growing up watching Brady.  I shook my head and smiled at him.

And yesterday I was at City Hall Plaza freezing my @ss off because I told him we'd go to the parade if they won.  Never expected to have to pay up.

First world problems.

Sponsored Post

#1842 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21139 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostLedRush, on 08 February 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 08 February 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostXanadoood, on 08 February 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postg under p, on 08 February 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Say I wonder did that kid show up to the PATRIOTS parade with his sign 10 championship parades 13 years old? Something like that, even as a Patriot fan that kid could use a, oops up side your head. He has no idea how long of a drought the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox went through.....There's been no suffering for that youngster.

My favorite was this guy in Copley Square holding up his dog so it could get a batter view of the parade.

Posted Image

Yeah, 15 yrs old , 10 championship parades. Damn kids are spoiled today. I was 15 in '86.. The year of the great Sox meltdown .. how times change.

One teenager's Super Bowl parade sign shows how absurdly fortunate Boston sports fans are - Mashable
https://apple.news/A...YPSW0594_xcTDWQ

It's even funnier to watch a game with a kid that age.  My son is 13.  When they were down by 16 points, he said, "they're still in this thing."  Because that's all he's known, growing up watching Brady.  I shook my head and smiled at him.

And yesterday I was at City Hall Plaza freezing my @ss off because I told him we'd go to the parade if they won.  Never expected to have to pay up.

First world problems.

Well, I did have to take public transportation.  And it was crowded too.

#1843 MusicHead

MusicHead

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • Interests:God, writing, family, football, Dean Koontz, music, all things Spidey and Marvel.

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

View Posttony990, on 06 February 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

I guess you can keep Tuck Rule though

3 Super Bowls

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present Butthurt Mathematics 101! Comes complete with your own do-it-yourself tinfoil hat and endless supply of black tar heroin and crack cocaine!

#1844 tony990

tony990

The Seeker

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer/football, and music (Rush and Dream Theater are my favorites)

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 06 February 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

They lost the year they got punished for filming what coordinators did in front of 80,000 people after the league sent out a memo that it wanted all the teams to stop doing it.

That's Spygate.

View PostDel_Duio, on 07 February 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

So should we also take away the Packers' SB win with Rodgers since he liked to inflate his footballs over the legal limit?
Poor Aaron Rodgers.. Great kid, great arm, never got them to the big game :(

P.S: Rodgers is probably my 2nd favorite quarterback, so this isn't supposed to be a slight on him. Just saying I think the air pressure in the footballs being different is not Brady's problem alone. And ask the colts- After the half in the 2014 AFC game when they replaced the game balls with legally filled ones, the Pats absolutely destroyed them. It was actually a close game before that.

Over-inflating the ball would just make it harder for him to throw...the ball gets heavier the more it is inflated. And the second half of that game doesn't matter because if the first half was different the motivation would've been shifted and could've led to a Colts win.

#1845 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

The Professor

• Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

--

Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Posttony990, on 25 February 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

They lost the year they got punished for filming what coordinators did in front of 80,000 people after the league sent out a memo that it wanted all the teams to stop doing it.

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

So should we also take away the Packers' SB win with Rodgers since he liked to inflate his footballs over the legal limit?

P.S: Rodgers is probably my 2nd favorite quarterback, so this isn't supposed to be a slight on him. Just saying I think the air pressure in the footballs being different is not Brady's problem alone. And ask the colts- After the half in the 2014 AFC game when they replaced the game balls with legally filled ones, the Pats absolutely destroyed them. It was actually a close game before that.

Over-inflating the ball would just make it harder for him to throw...the ball gets heavier the more it is inflated. And the second half of that game doesn't matter because if the first half was different the motivation would've been shifted and could've led to a Colts win.

It shouldn't matter if it makes the ball easier or harder to throw, the point is if you really want to get technical about things both QBs altered the balls from the legal tolerance.

#1846 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21139 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

Really?  Try throwing a deflated football, then throw an inflated one.  Let me know which one travels better. Pounds per square inch isn't pounds.

The Colts wouldn't have won that game under any circumstances.

#1847 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53807 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 28 February 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

Really?  Try throwing a deflated football, then throw an inflated one.  Let me know which one travels better. Pounds per square inch isn't pounds.

https://www.google.c...hrow-catch/amp/

This guy explains the advantages of an underinflated ball.

#1848 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21139 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

I literally cannot bring myself to wade too far into this topic (try having listened to sports talk radio around here for the last few years during football season) but a ball that is less inflated decelerates faster and so it doesn't travel as far.

in fact, air-filled balls might be slightly better, as the extra mass makes them somewhat less susceptible to air resistance
http://theconversati...flategate-36581

#1849 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 19501 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 March 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

I literally cannot bring myself to wade too far into this topic (try having listened to sports talk radio around here for the last few years during football season) but a ball that is less inflated decelerates faster and so it doesn't travel as far.

in fact, air-filled balls might be slightly better, as the extra mass makes them somewhat less susceptible to air resistance
It doesn't matter.  The Patriots have cemented how to run an organization in the modern era of sports.  Signed, sealed and delivered.  They have achieved pure greatness and any other argument is nothing more than sour grapes.

#1850 Xanadoood

Xanadoood

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5475 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Biking
    Mountain Climbing
    Running
    Movies
    Reading

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 06 March 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 02 March 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

That's Spygate.

5 Super Bowls

-Spygate
-DeflateGate

3 Super Bowls

It doesn't matter.  The Patriots have cemented how to run an organization in the modern era of sports.  Signed, sealed and delivered.  They have achieved pure greatness and any other argument is nothing more than sour grapes.

Thank you. I don't know how anyone can argue with 15 years of success. It's mind blowing.

Finish (Regular / Post Season) Coach
2016 14-2-0 1st -- AFC East 2-0 - Advanced to Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2015 12-4-0 1st -- AFC East 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2014 12-4-0 1st -- AFC East 3-0 - Won Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2013 12-4-0 1st -- AFC East 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2012 12-4-0 1st -- AFC East 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2011 13-3-0 1st -- AFC East 2-1 - Lost Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2010 14-2-0 1st -- AFC East 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2009 10-6-0 1st -- AFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2008 11-5-0 2nd -- AFC East -- Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2007 16-0-0 1st -- AFC East 2-1 - Lost Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2006 12-4-0 1st -- AFC East 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2005 10-6-0 1st -- AFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2004 14-2-0 1st -- AFC East 3-0 - Won Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2003 14-2-0 1st -- AFC East 3-0 - Won Superbowl Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2002 9-7-0 T2nd -- AFC East -- Bill Belichick Roster / Stats
2001 11-5-0 1st -- AFC East 3-0 - Won Superbowl

Edited by Xanadoood, 07 March 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#1851 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#1852 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4843 posts
  • Interests:Music and Politics....painting, fishing and road cycling.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostChicken hawk, on 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Posted ImageThose are some hardcore fans right there.

#1853 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4843 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Aaron Hernandez found dead in his cell from an apparent suicide....He hung himself. This happening on the same day the 2017 SB Champions are visiting the White House.

#1854 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4843 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Aaron Hernandez found dead in his cell from an apparent suicide....He hung himself. This happening on the same day the 2017 SB Champions are visiting the White House.

#1855 Xanadoood

Xanadoood

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5475 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Biking
    Mountain Climbing
    Running
    Movies
    Reading

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

View Postg under p, on 19 April 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

He was transported to UMass in Leominster.. where I went to high school. Crazy.

#1856 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21139 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostXanadoood, on 19 April 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

View Postg under p, on 19 April 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

He was transported to UMass in Leominster.. where I went to high school. Crazy.

They have a high school at the hospital?  :)

#1857 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Why couldnt he just be satisfied with the life he had. ?  He leaped aND  couldnt cope.  Pity.

#1858 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3037 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Never count them out no matter what kind of month they're having.   They're a dynasty.  It's because of them that I believe in miracles.

#1859 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1191 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Why have the Bills, Dolphins and Jets been so pathetic for so long?

#1860 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4843 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Bills and the Finns won today, they're still teams to be reckoned with especially this year. The Finns defensive front is the real deal.

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users