THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

The league is beside itself right now.

Why do you think so?

Because part of the motivation behind Brady's ridiculous 4 game suspension was the hope it would seriously damage a Patriots' season. And now they very well might come out of it 4-0.

That's funny.

What, the Cheatriots going 4-0, or the league having a vendetta against the Cheatriots? Or both?

Brady is just a system QB, so I expected a 3-1 or 4-0 start. But the idea that the league has it out for the Patriots is beyond stupid.

Of course it is. That's why Brady was suspended for 4 games, and the team fined what, a million dollars, for something the rules suggest a $25,000 fine for.

Oh, that's right. The penalty was enhanced because the Patriots were disciplined before. For videotaping something a coordinator does in front of 80,000 people. I wonder why coordinators even now cover their mouths with their signal cards? Maybe it's because they're afraid the other team will hear them?

• Like 1

Why do you think so?

Because part of the motivation behind Brady's ridiculous 4 game suspension was the hope it would seriously damage a Patriots' season. And now they very well might come out of it 4-0.

That's funny.

What, the Cheatriots going 4-0, or the league having a vendetta against the Cheatriots? Or both?

Brady is just a system QB, so I expected a 3-1 or 4-0 start. But the idea that the league has it out for the Patriots is beyond stupid.

A system QB? I've seen him run four or five systems in his career. With success every time. Manning is a classic system QB.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

A system QB? I've seen him run four or five systems in his career. With success every time. Manning is a classic system QB.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Name them.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Name them.

First of all. He's succeeded with average receivers and different running backs. He's played ball control offense with a balanced attack. He's played a more spread out offense that was pass heavy. He's now playing the two tight end system. I don't know what you've been watching but there is no doubt the offensive, and team philosophy, have changed over the years.
  • Like 1

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Of course it is. That's why Brady was suspended for 4 games, and the team fined what, a million dollars, for something the rules suggest a $25,000 fine for.

Oh, that's right. The penalty was enhanced because the Patriots were disciplined before. For videotaping something a coordinator does in front of 80,000 people. I wonder why coordinators even now cover their mouths with their signal cards? Maybe it's because they're afraid the other team will hear them?

God forbid Brady hits one of his kids with a switch or orders some HGH "for his wife", they'd probably publicly execute the guy.

Should he have been punished for deflategate? Sure, nobody's denying that (I would hope) but because it's Golden Tommy and the Patriots they seem to always get much more serious punishments and higher fines than anyone else would in that same situation. I really hope some other team makes the same mistake in the near future, because the league would then have to exact the same punishments and fines. And then I wonder how fair it'd be.

That being said, after the game a lot of Browns players were coming up to Brady and congratulating him. So if this was ever a gigantic deal many of those players didn't seem to think so.

Edited by Del_Duio

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Name them.

First of all. He's succeeded with average receivers and different running backs. He's played ball control offense with a balanced attack. He's played a more spread out offense that was pass heavy. He's now playing the two tight end system. I don't know what you've been watching but there is no doubt the offensive, and team philosophy, have changed over the years.

Don't forget he also played with a constantly rotating offensive line full of rookies a few years back due to tons of injuries.

"The TUBA player??!" was a common thing on sports radio around here haha.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Why do you think so?

That's funny.

Name them.

Don't forget he also played with a constantly rotating offensive line full of rookies a few years back due to tons of injuries.

"The TUBA player??!" was a common thing on sports radio around here haha.

Not to mention that they even change their offensive approach from game to game. And change it drastically.

Patriots trade Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd pick. He was looking for Von Miller type contract. That wasn't going to happen in NE as the Patriots are used to letting go of players before they become too expensive or past their prime.

I don't know but a comment about the PATRIOTS seems to be needed around here. They seem to become so common place with winning over the last 16 years. Tough win yesterday lots of banged up bodies but they just keep pushing on. So who's next?

Yeah it's really something what they've been able to pull off for so long.

We'll really look back on these days with fondness when it eventually stops but for now let's keep going!

The Patriots advance to their sixth straight AFC Championship.

Congrats! The Texans hung in there for a while. The Pats.were just too much for them. Looks like I will will be taking them regardless of who they play next week.

• Like 2

Brady's all done.

Not while Belicheat has a syringe left he isn't.

All kidding aside, I've made this point myself. He's 39. He hasn't dropped off in performance at all. At what point do people start to question that?

Are there really people that care about PEDs in football? Like...is that even a question?

Brady's all done.

Not while Belicheat has a syringe left he isn't.

All kidding aside, I've made this point myself. He's 39. He hasn't dropped off in performance at all. At what point do people start to question that?

Are there really people that care about PEDs in football? Like...is that even a question?

I think if someone on another team does it, they're cheaters. If someone on your team does it, pffft. Around here, when it came out that Rodney Harrison used HGH, people didn't bat an eye.

• Like 2