THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

Congratulations, you're the first person to ever confuse Peyton Manning with Rodney Harrison.

http://deadspin.com/...-and-1749880828

Over the weekend, a nation of sports fans trying to make sense of an Al-Jazeera report tying Peyton Manning to shipments of human growth hormone turned to Football Night In America for answers, and Rodney Harrison whacked them in the head with a frying pan. During the broadcast, Harrison was asked about his use of HGH when he was playing for the New England Patriots, for which he was suspended the first four games of the 2007 season.

“I used it, I never had an issue with my groin ever again,” he said. “It wasn’t smart.”

By talking about how off-label use of a prescription drug helped him stay healthy and then following on with a solemn non sequitur about what a horrible mistake it was, Harrison was right in line with the usual branding play here. Think Mark McGwire tearfully going on about what a bad idea it was to take drugs that by his account allowed him to stay on the field despite injuries that had him seriously considering retirement. If you didn’t know about the delimiters arbitrarily placed around certain kinds of medicines, what Harrison had to say—like what McGwire and Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun had to say during their ritual self-flagellation sessions—wouldn’t even logically follow. If you do know about them, it still doesn’t follow.

“I look at the kids,” Harrison said. “I look at my kids and other kids that look up to me and now I have to tell them why I did it. And maybe I can use this opportunity to let them know it’s not worth it. Point blank, period. It’s just not worth it.”

Kids aren’t stupid, and any kid Harrison tries this line on will, even if they’re too polite to say anything, almost certainly notice that he’s full of shit. By his account, using drugs helped him play for one of the greatest NFL teams of all time, and getting caught did so little harm to his reputation that he went on to a post-playing career in which he co-hosts the most popular television show in America. He can say Point blank, period all he wants, but what any kids who are paying attention will hear is Drugs are definitely worth it!

This raises the question of why Harrison and other athletes would even bother telling kids that using drugs that will help make them strong, healthy, and rich is a terrible mistake for which they’ll suffer dire consequences. The answer, of course, is obvious: there’s money in it. Harrison hosts Football Night In America; McGwire enjoys a successful coaching career; Rodriguez, despite getting tied up in a second doping scandal, has already started his own broadcast career before his playing days have ended; and Braun has rehabilitated himself enough to have been named to an All-Star team. Meanwhile, athletes who haven’t bothered to offer lame excuses or make teary shows of contrition—Lance Armstrong comes to mind, but there are certainly others—have stayed on the relative fringes. Why being honest is just not worth it is something it would be interesting to hear Rodney Harrison explain to the kids.

Then again, I often get Rodney confused with Ted Johnson. Remember him? Don't feel bad if you don't, thanks to Belichick, he doesn't remember himself sometimes either.

http://www.boston.co...e_me/?page=full

Rodney Harrison lives at Peyton Manning's house? Because that's where the HGH has been delivered.

I met Teddy outside Fenway Park one day. He had a torn bicep. Because he actually tried. Maybe some "Fins" could similarly put in an honest day's work. Then maybe they could win three Super Bowls like Teddy did. Or win a playoff game at least.

Johnny Manziel's recent behavior, if reports are correct, is really despicable. He's not a Patriot either. So I guess the whiny Patriot straw brigade agrees with me on this one.

Duly noted.

But PM me when you get to a close call, like an older QB who broke the TD record after having neck surgery who has HGH delivered to his home. I mean, I know that's not the same as allegations that footballs may have been under 12.5 psi on the outrage scale, but if you decide to change your avatar over it, just let me know.

Or an older QB who recovered from a high ankle sprain in two weeks. Yes, I agree, some recoveries are a bit too good to be true...

footballs may have been under 12.5 psi

:LOL:

The part I really love? No one has even suggested Brady used HGH, but you believe it.

And then you laugh at the science proving, to the rest of civilized world, that deflategate was a joke.

Oh, was that why you're laughing? Then let me join you.

:rfl:

P.S. When do we start discussing the "Fins" greatest 21st century postseason accomplishments?

No one outside the people's republic think that the footballs weren't deflated. Who the f**k is stupid enough to believe that McNally was called the deflator, that the Colts balls were underdeflated, and that Brady would have ever associated with the equipment guys unless he was guilty as f**k. And then there's the worst fake laugh in history.

You're just pissed because no one cares about the Manning story. Did you see on the news that the Broncos left for Santa Clara today? They've got a game next weekend. Seven Patriots didn't even show up for their last game.

Then on the way to get supper tonight I heard some assclown Patriot fan, who obviously is a cheating denier, say that they needed to move on from Belichick. Genius fanbase you've got there. Then again, most of them have only been football fans for about 15 years.

The Patriots' last game this season was the AFC Championship. When is the last time the "Fins" said that?

You've been going on about the deflategate farce for over a year. Since you've started Brady has won a Super Bowl, a lawsuit and advanced to the AFC Championship. He's probably going again next year, since the Patriots lose no significant players to free agency. Yes, they won't have a first round draft pick. Lawrence Maroney was a first round pick. Tom Brady wasn't. I'm not too concerned.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the fact that the "Fins" have gone more than 30 years without a Super Bowl appearance. Their fans should demand that the "Fins" at least make an effort next season.

Johnny Manziel's recent behavior, if reports are correct, is really despicable. He's not a Patriot either. So I guess the whiny Patriot straw brigade agrees with me on this one.

Duly noted.

But PM me when you get to a close call, like an older QB who broke the TD record after having neck surgery who has HGH delivered to his home. I mean, I know that's not the same as allegations that footballs may have been under 12.5 psi on the outrage scale, but if you decide to change your avatar over it, just let me know.

Or an older QB who recovered from a high ankle sprain in two weeks. Yes, I agree, some recoveries are a bit too good to be true...

footballs may have been under 12.5 psi

:LOL:

The part I really love? No one has even suggested Brady used HGH, but you believe it.

And then you laugh at the science proving, to the rest of civilized world, that deflategate was a joke.

Oh, was that why you're laughing? Then let me join you.

:rfl:

P.S. When do we start discussing the "Fins" greatest 21st century postseason accomplishments?

No one outside the people's republic think that the footballs weren't deflated. Who the f**k is stupid enough to believe that McNally was called the deflator, that the Colts balls were underdeflated, and that Brady would have ever associated with the equipment guys unless he was guilty as f**k. And then there's the worst fake laugh in history.

You're just pissed because no one cares about the Manning story. Did you see on the news that the Broncos left for Santa Clara today? They've got a game next weekend. Seven Patriots didn't even show up for their last game.

Then on the way to get supper tonight I heard some assclown Patriot fan, who obviously is a cheating denier, say that they needed to move on from Belichick. Genius fanbase you've got there. Then again, most of them have only been football fans for about 15 years.

The Patriots' last game this season was the AFC Championship. When is the last time the "Fins" said that?

You've been going on about the deflategate farce for over a year. Since you've started Brady has won a Super Bowl, a lawsuit and advanced to the AFC Championship. He's probably going again next year, since the Patriots lose no significant players to free agency. Yes, they won't have a first round draft pick. Lawrence Maroney was a first round pick. Tom Brady wasn't. I'm not too concerned.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the fact that the "Fins" have gone more than 30 years without a Super Bowl appearance. Their fans should demand that the "Fins" at least make an effort next season.

Nothing on the Harrison or Johnson situations? I'm guessing that you'd agree that sending concussed players back out on the field is even worse than some in game cheating, even though Brady felt it was important enough to play with undersized balls that he made sure the equipment staff prepared things to his satisfaction.

Congratulations, you're the first person to ever confuse Peyton Manning with Rodney Harrison.

Over the weekend, a nation of sports fans trying to make sense of an Al-Jazeera report tying Peyton Manning to shipments of human growth hormone turned to Football Night In America for answers, and Rodney Harrison whacked them in the head with a frying pan. During the broadcast, Harrison was asked about his use of HGH when he was playing for the New England Patriots, for which he was suspended the first four games of the 2007 season.

“I used it, I never had an issue with my groin ever again,” he said. “It wasn’t smart.”

By talking about how off-label use of a prescription drug helped him stay healthy and then following on with a solemn non sequitur about what a horrible mistake it was, Harrison was right in line with the usual branding play here. Think Mark McGwire tearfully going on about what a bad idea it was to take drugs that by his account allowed him to stay on the field despite injuries that had him seriously considering retirement. If you didn’t know about the delimiters arbitrarily placed around certain kinds of medicines, what Harrison had to say—like what McGwire and Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun had to say during their ritual self-flagellation sessions—wouldn’t even logically follow. If you do know about them, it still doesn’t follow.

“I look at the kids,” Harrison said. “I look at my kids and other kids that look up to me and now I have to tell them why I did it. And maybe I can use this opportunity to let them know it’s not worth it. Point blank, period. It’s just not worth it.”

Kids aren’t stupid, and any kid Harrison tries this line on will, even if they’re too polite to say anything, almost certainly notice that he’s full of shit. By his account, using drugs helped him play for one of the greatest NFL teams of all time, and getting caught did so little harm to his reputation that he went on to a post-playing career in which he co-hosts the most popular television show in America. He can say Point blank, period all he wants, but what any kids who are paying attention will hear is Drugs are definitely worth it!

This raises the question of why Harrison and other athletes would even bother telling kids that using drugs that will help make them strong, healthy, and rich is a terrible mistake for which they’ll suffer dire consequences. The answer, of course, is obvious: there’s money in it. Harrison hosts Football Night In America; McGwire enjoys a successful coaching career; Rodriguez, despite getting tied up in a second doping scandal, has already started his own broadcast career before his playing days have ended; and Braun has rehabilitated himself enough to have been named to an All-Star team. Meanwhile, athletes who haven’t bothered to offer lame excuses or make teary shows of contrition—Lance Armstrong comes to mind, but there are certainly others—have stayed on the relative fringes. Why being honest is just not worth it is something it would be interesting to hear Rodney Harrison explain to the kids.

Then again, I often get Rodney confused with Ted Johnson. Remember him? Don't feel bad if you don't, thanks to Belichick, he doesn't remember himself sometimes either.

Rodney Harrison lives at Peyton Manning's house? Because that's where the HGH has been delivered.

I met Teddy outside Fenway Park one day. He had a torn bicep. Because he actually tried. Maybe some "Fins" could similarly put in an honest day's work. Then maybe they could win three Super Bowls like Teddy did. Or win a playoff game at least.

He probably wouldn't remember you today. Because a coach who cared more about himself than his players put him back in with concussions. Doesn't sound like a HOF coach to me.

I know that history has been whitewashed in the people's republic but Harrison is actually a proven, admitted user of HGH. Not someone accused on a network no one watches by someone with as much credibility as Lois Lerner. Or Hillary Clinton. Or Tom Brady.

I know that history has been whitewashed in the people's republic but Harrison is actually a proven, admitted user of HGH. Not someone accused on a network no one watches by someone with as much credibility as Lois Lerner. Or Hillary Clinton. Or Tom Brady.

Or Don Shula. Who let a field flood to slow his faster opponent down in a conference championship. And who used his position on the rules committee to shape the game to benefit his team. The one that hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1973. Or an AFC Championship since 1984. Or a Divisional game since 1992.

• Like 1

Or Don Shula. Who let a field flood to slow his faster opponent down in a conference championship. And who used his position on the rules committee to shape the game to benefit his team. The one that hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1973. Or an AFC Championship since 1984. Or a Divisional game since 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZGKI8vpcg

Judge Berman's gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOO jelly...tee hee...

And I see a pardon in Hernandez's future under a president Trump...he'll be only too happy to help his buddy Tom's buddy Aaron...

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

Edited by laughedatbytime

And I see a pardon in Hernandez's future under a president Trump...he'll be only too happy to help his buddy Tom's buddy Aaron...

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

Hernandez was convicted in state court. The president can't pardon him.

Limits on the power of the federal government aren't what made America great. One nation, under God (the one that wrote One and Two Corinthians)...get used to it.

• Like 1

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

But,

The funny thing is. You would take Brady in a heartbeat!! :LOL:

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

But,

Nah, you probably would though.

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

But,

Oh BS!! :laughing guy:

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

But,

The Fins don't need an aging system guy who can't play behind a bad OL.

• Like 1

1-a32aff229b.jpg

2-38187ee364.jpg

But,

The Fins don't need an aging system guy who can't play behind a bad OL.

Do they need a guy who's value on the market is a bag of used practice balls and two dirty jocks? Because that's what they have.

• Like 1

More Trump love from the Cheatriots. Birds of a feather.

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/17/a2/billbelichick-donaldtrump-instagram-ftr-030516jpg_a27o9o9jo7pk1cxdgdnfniefg.jpg?t=1244628963

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/17/a2/billbelichick-donaldtrump-instagram-ftr-030516jpg_a27o9o9jo7pk1cxdgdnfniefg.jpg?t=1244628963

Well,

At least it isn't that cu** Hitlery who should be in prison by now. Or the piece of sh** currently in the WH!! :cool:

Well,

At least it isn't that cu** Hitlery who should be in prison by now. Or the piece of sh** currently in the WH!! :cool:

Not to turn this into a political discussion but as a staunch conservative I'd have a lot less problem with it if they were.

• Like 1

Well,

Not to turn this into a political discussion but as a staunch conservative I'd have a lot less problem with it if they were.

You,

Already turned it political. And you are no conservative with this dumba** statement. :facepalm:

Well,

You,

Already turned it political. And you are no conservative with this dumba** statement. :facepalm:

How the hell is Trump a conservative? I can see why you stay out of SOCN with that kind of comment.

Well,

You,

How the hell is Trump a conservative? I can see why you stay out of SOCN with that kind of comment.

I didn't say he was. I said you are not with your stupid statement. It doesn't matter if I go to SOCN. Thats not the point. Been there done that. I don't have time to deal with children.

Well,

You,

I didn't say he was. I said you are not with your stupid statement. It doesn't matter if I go to SOCN. Thats not the point. Been there done that. I don't have time to deal with children.

There are smart people there. You'd get eaten alive. You'd just never know it. It's part of your charm.

Well,

You,

There are smart people there. You'd get eaten alive. You'd just never know it. It's part of your charm.

:laughing guy:

You are a funny guy! Obviously you are not one of them. :LOL: I have held up well there in the past. Quit making up sh** you know nothing about.

Edited by troutman

Well,

You,

:laughing guy:

You are a funny guy! Obviously you are not one of them. :LOL: I have held up well there in the past. Quit making up sh** you know nothing about.

Come on back, I'd love to see you get eaten alive.