THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

BOSTON—Having watched the Patriots win their fourth Super Bowl title in 14 years, sports fans across New England issued a thoughtful and introspective joint statement Wednesday announcing that they in no way deserve any of the success their teams have enjoyed over the past two decades. “When you stop and think about it, we’re loud-mouthed, we’re antagonistic, and we’re unbearably pompous, so there’s really no way we should have been able to enjoy four Super Bowls, three World Series, an NBA title, and a Stanley Cup since 2001,” read the statement in part, which added that “you can think of at least a dozen other fan bases off the top of your head” that would be far better served than Boston with teams that combined for nine different championships over the last 15 years. “The 2004 World Series was really the only thing that you could argue we had coming after waiting almost 100 years since our last one. But considering the way we angrily overreact to the slightest criticism of our teams—always brushing off even warranted criticism as jealousy or resentment—while also whining like crybabies about every little thing that doesn’t go our way, it’s hard to understand how we ended up in this spot. We’re obviously going to enjoy the win over the Seahawks, but let’s be honest here, we all know deep down that we don’t deserve this in the slightest.” At press time, residents of New England collectively decided that showing up to Wednesday’s Super Bowl championship parade would only perpetuate their utterly obnoxious and arrogant persona, leaving Patriots coaches and players to drive through the completely empty and silent streets of downtown Boston.

http://www.theonion....rve-this,37937/

Totally disagree that we don't deserve the success we've enjoyed.

I agree...you deserve the success you've enjoyed to the extent you contributed to it.

It's up to you to make the determination as to how much contribution you (and the rest of the fanbase) has made...

I didn't suggest I contributed at all. I said that the fan base has enjoyed success. I used the word deserve because it appears in the post I quoted. Read through my posts if you like and you'll never find me using the pronoun "we" when talking about a team.

I totally agree, as much as I love ALL the Boston area teams you'll never ever hear me use the term "we, my or our". I don't own in any way parts of those BEANTOWN teams so I have no interest in giving them that distinction. I just simply root for the teams and leave it there.

As it should be.

:cheers:

Some people are born talented. They build on that.......with time and patients it turns into gold! Those people deserve it. Im happy for The Patriots. They all worked hard to get there.

I went for my first bicycle ride in a year today after having recovered from major ankle/foot reconstruction surgery. The thought hit that I STILL can't believe the Patriots won that Super Bowl game. It's so unreal that yet another championship has come to the city of Boston is unreal to me. Especially when there was a time THE ONLY team that could possibly be count to win anything was the Celtics.

TITLETOWN is BEANTOWN

So when will the NFL come down with their decision on what penality the Patriots will receive? That is IF they find them guilty of anything.

Wilfork given his free agency, which means, like most ex-Pats, someone will overpay for him and he'll be out of football within a couple of years.
  • Like 1

Wilfork given his free agency, which means, like most ex-Pats, someone will overpay for him and he'll be out of football within a couple of years.

I was talking at the gym this morning with a guy about that very observation.

Well hes been in the league 11 years, I dont any team will over pay for him hes not a young stud. I think the Patriots released him to test the market but he will eventually resign with the Patriots at less pay. He will make it all back when the Patriots go deep into the playoffs.

Ahhhh crap Suh signs with the Dolphins, that's just all the Patriots need a premier pass rusher to hassle BRADY. It was never going to be easy to defend this SB title THIS signing will certainly make it harder.

Ahhhh crap Suh signs with the Dolphins, that's just all the Patriots need a premier pass rusher to hassle BRADY. It was never going to be easy to defend this SB title THIS signing will certainly make it harder.

We should have saved a lot of money and just signed Bernard Pollard.

Talk radio down here will be on fire straight through to the strat up of the season.

SIXTY MILLION guaranteed in Florida with no state income tax worth even more.

One thing I did not know that tax ONLY works for the games in Florida. The games played outside the state of Florida ARE TAXED.

I'm not worried. The Dolphins might win 8 games. They won't make the playoffs. Again.

Free agents cannot sign with any team other than their own until Tuesday, so nothing is finalized yet.

Patriots decline option on Revis.

That was expected, there was no way they were going to pay him 20 million for this year. I hope he resigns or he'll go unto playing with 4 teams in 4 years. That doesn't look good for a potential HOFamer.

Revis to the J-E-T-S with over 40 million guaranteed good for him. Off to a rival who will the Patriots plug into his spot as they with all there other position players.

The top current NFL coaches and guess who is number 1 and 2....?

http://www.cbssports...-except-at-no-1

If Mike McCarthy hadn't completely botched his most recent game, he would probably be in the Top Two right now.....instead of the Top Three. :eyeroll:

The top current NFL coaches and guess who is number 1 and 2....?

http://www.cbssports...-except-at-no-1

As for number 1, you need look no further than the coach the NFL keeps changing the rules to try and stop. Eliminating the "tuck" rule, the 40 yard buffer zone for wide receivers (Ty Law vs. the Colts' soft receivers), and now the "don't confuse us with formations" rule (John "No one's ever seen that before" Harbaugh).

• Like 2

OK even I have a hard time hating this guy...

http://youtu.be/AA8-y3V-ixs

We've met him at a charity event I took my son to. I think the guys my age who get all fired up to meet athletes now half their age are creepy as hell, so I just hung back and let my son interact with him. The little kids LOVE him, and with good reason. He was either genuinely excited to talk my son, or he did an Oscar worthy job of faking it.

I think the guys my age who get all fired up to meet athletes now half their age are creepy as hell.....

:goodone: :goodone:

Middle-aged men trying to bond with young sports stars and pretending that they have something in common.....it's just SAD. :facepalm:

• Like 1

OK even I have a hard time hating this guy...

http://youtu.be/AA8-y3V-ixs

We've met him at a charity event I took my son to. I think the guys my age who get all fired up to meet athletes now half their age are creepy as hell, so I just hung back and let my son interact with him. The little kids LOVE him, and with good reason. He was either genuinely excited to talk my son, or he did an Oscar worthy job of faking it.

I just think he enjoys being around people his mental age. Not to insult your son...