The Food Thread

ladirushfan80

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 3 2004, 10:22 AM)
French toast, Canadian Bacon, Maple Syrop, Orange Juice.

I love long weekends.

<drool......> Now my stomach's growling. That sounds SO good!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 3 2004, 09:29 AM)
OkOkOkOkOk! Now that I've had my attitude properly adjusted, and the cobwebs are starting to clear, I'll give a serious response.

I used my luscious lasagna to woo my lovely bride (obviously it worked). It's really nothing more complicated than assembling ricotta, mozarella, parmesan, and a touch of cheddar cheese. Adding in beef or sausage (as the mood and available ingredients dictate), canned tomatoes (no cooking from "scratch" here, sorry), garlic, oregano, etc. Regular pasta is best, but sometimes spinach noodles give a nice variety.

Vegetarian lasagna, however is a specialty best left to the professionals. That kind of lasagna we get in the frozen food section of Costco. biggrin.gif

first of all....

i LOVE Costco...

second of all.......

i have a GREAT veggie lazagna recipe..... white sauce, chick peas....yellow & green squash.... i may have to go and find it so i can post it...

it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 3 2004, 11:17 AM)
Yeah, but then I gotta cut up carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, rutabaga, dandelion greens, asparagus, green beans, corn, lettuce, celery, pinto beans, green peas, and whatever the heck you PUT in those things.... confused13.gif biggrin.gif

Just leave them out, or throw in one or two...

mushrooms and broccoli are good...

Is that Mario I see there?

Nice Pic!

bumper.gif

To keep the food thread...

Being in college and working as well as a 1.5 hr commute (1 way) my gourmet skills are rusted BAD. We have been checking out every sub shop in a 5 mile radius of our route home.

I can't wait to be finished with school and be able to create in the kitchen again. Chicken Cordon Bleu, Grilled boneless pork chops w/ spiced apples; Apple crisp, Eggs Benedict, Crepes.

Ahhh fall... the BEST itme of the year to cook!

Anyone know what the boys favorite foods are?

Rhiannon

(A MAJOR hockey fan)

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 3 2004, 01:39 PM)
Is that Mario I see there?
Nice Pic!
bumper.gif

To keep the food thread...

Being in college and working as well as a 1.5 hr commute (1 way) my gourmet skills are rusted BAD. We have been checking out every sub shop in a 5 mile radius of our route home.

I can't wait to be finished with school and be able to create in the kitchen again. Chicken Cordon Bleu, Grilled boneless pork chops w/ spiced apples; Apple crisp, Eggs Benedict, Crepes.

Ahhh fall... the BEST itme of the year to cook!

Anyone know what the boys favorite foods are?

Rhiannon

(A MAJOR hockey fan)

no but I know that they are my favorite food group wink.gif tempted.gif

milk does a body goood tongue.gif

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/9985/milkad.jpg

heyy whats that on geddys nose doh.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 4 2004, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 3 2004, 09:02 AM)
Blueberry whole wheat pancakes, bacon, OJ and coffee...and a copy of Entertainment Weekly to read!

mmmmmmmm blueberry pancakes! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mmmmmm....that DOES sound good.

smile.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 4 2004, 03:51 PM)
i ate 8 hot dogs for dinner yesterday. it actually made me think that i could compete in some contests.

laugh.gif ......does anyone know what the record is for that? 653.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 4 2004, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 4 2004, 03:51 PM)
i ate 8 hot dogs for dinner yesterday. it actually made me think that i could compete in some contests.

laugh.gif ......does anyone know what the record is for that? 653.gif

ESPN just recently showed this years hot dog eating contest and the guy from Japan won again, (I think this was his 4th year winning). He ate like 53 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Unbelievable 062802puke_prv.gif Davey, you still have a long way to go.

yeah :dry-heave: lol yeah that's hard core!

a friend of mine complimented me the other day "you ain't babe ruth!" so i felt proud that i could still eat like a horse. i remember when i went to iowa a couple years ago i got to hang out with my cousin and we went out (after seeing rush!) and i ate a large pizza and a 6" sub. mmmmmmm

i think i'm going to eat so much fat in the next three weeks i'll be good to go for the rest of next year

essential fats

QUOTE (bardan @ Sep 5 2004, 03:05 AM)
ESPN just recently showed this years hot dog eating contest and the guy from Japan won again, (I think this was his 4th year winning). He ate like 53 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Unbelievable 062802puke_prv.gif Davey, you still have a long way to go.

the work i do to keep the threads alive wink.gif

2.gif ph34r.gif

As the local restaurants are either closed or have no fresh meat, it's post-hurricane cuisine here: two boxes of mac & cheese, and canned vegetarian hot-dogs (Loma Linda Big Franks - textured-vegetable protein). Oh, and I found a can of peaches.

Sorry, it's not haute cuisine, but it's what's for dinner.

Tommorow: 15 recipes for Ramen noodles! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 6 2004, 07:16 PM)
As the local restaurants are either closed or have no fresh meat, it's post-hurricane cuisine here: two boxes of mac & cheese, and canned vegetarian hot-dogs (Loma Linda Big Franks - textured-vegetable protein). Oh, and I found a can of peaches.

Tommorow: 15 recipes for Ramen noodles! laugh.gif

As long as you're safe and eating something, we're happy! trink39.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 6 2004, 07:16 PM)

Tommorow: 15 recipes for Ramen noodles!  laugh.gif

As long as you're safe and eating something, we're happy! trink39.gif yes.gif

Thanks, 1! You da best!!

Anyone heard from Snowdog, Scream, and our other Florida pals?

JUst cut some eggplant outta the garden today..and had some tomato sauce made awhile ago and froze it..which was picked from the garden also..My best g/f got me into makin eggplant rollatinis so i guess ill make some of those and prolly freeze em so when indica gets back here we got some good eats fresh from the garden

i fry the eggplant (breadcrumbed & fried of corse) and then roll em up stuffed with ricotta cheese,mozzarella, and some of that italian ham ( im italian but i have no clue on how to spell it correctly) and of corse fresh herbs from the garden also

then just put some sauce on bottom of pyrex and then over the rolitinis an stick em in the oven covered for bout 20 mins and yummmy dinners done applaudit.gif

i have no problem eatin a meal that is all veggies but indica HAS to have some kinda meat in his meals...so i usualy make some meatballs on the side

and a graden salad of corse

summers awsume cuz its easy to save $$ by growin alot of ur own veggies! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived