The Food Thread

ladirushfan80

now that dinner is burnt.....

after having spent a good part of my day here...

the little boos were getting hungry...

...off i go, to do some steaks on the grill.....

oops... turned to the computer too long.....

***i'm much better at making reservations.... ***

pizza anyone????

doh.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 28 2004, 07:20 PM)
now that dinner is burnt.....

after having spent a good part of my day here...
the little boos were getting hungry...
...off i go, to do some steaks on the grill.....
oops... turned to the computer too long.....

***i'm much better at making reservations.... ***

pizza anyone????

doh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ladirushfan you sound just like me! How many people do you know that can actually make Hamburger Helper so messed up and burnt that no one can eat it!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 29 2004, 12:22 AM)
Just went to a chinese wedding. Eight courses .... all the food you ever need - lobster, quail, fish, noodles ... can't even remember

i just ate 8 beers, some jelly shots and some bahama mamas

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 28 2004, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 29 2004, 12:22 AM)
Just went to a chinese wedding.  Eight courses .... all the food you ever need - lobster, quail, fish, noodles ... can't even remember

i just ate 8 beers, some jelly shots and some bahama mamas

How do you eat beers? I dunno bout you but I cant digest aluminum.

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Aug 29 2004, 10:29 AM)
My oldest son has been known to say, "Mom, I'm not letting you on the internet 'til you're done making dinner! You'll burn it all if you do get on!"

I have a very wise son!

angel.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

ya... my culinary skills aren't really that bad....

i was just signed into this board and so i HAD to take the time to get to know everyone...everything....etc.....

altho, the hubby is much better at grilling than i am....

i usually leave that task up to him......

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I gotta admit..im a ass kickin cook! i dont cook much seafood tho YUK i hate seafood, but since Indica likes it alot ill buy an make him cook it, i dont want anythin to do with any sort of fish or shelled fish blahhhhh.. but otherwise i can cook bout anythin.its great havin him finaly livin here cuz i didnt do much cookin b4 that..no fun cookin for one so i just settled for a bowl of cearal or sumthin like that ..its MUCH better to cook for a bunch of people!,

We go over to my best buds house for dinner an we'll do the "big chill" thang. those are best dinners it seems like, when everyone adds there own lil touch to the dinner..usualy the men do the grilling and us women do everythin else right down to the dessert and drinks! cocktail.gif cocktail.gif trink39.gif

then of corse theres the after dinner doobie cool10.gif trink39.gif

always ends up bein a great night with friends!

I don't mind the cooking... I just have SUCH a hard time figuring out what to make!!!

When you're at the point of letting your 7 year old plan the meal, you know you're desperate!

Any ideas for tonight, anyone???

HELP!!!!

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Aug 31 2004, 04:43 PM)
I don't mind the cooking... I just have SUCH a hard time figuring out what to make!!!

When you're at the point of letting your 7 year old plan the meal, you know you're desperate!

Any ideas for tonight, anyone???

HELP!!!!

wacko.gif

yes !! make what i make....

RESERVATIONS!!!!

ha ha ha... just kiddin...i'm still figguring out what i want to make and it's 5:45 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinkin taco's cuz it's fast and easy...

or, sloppy joes with hot dog buns instead of hamburger buns (less sloppy tho)

or, easy quesadias (sp? ), cut up cooked chicken, or (or lunchmeat if you'd like), some shredded cheese, and some tortillas... oil in the pan, heat on both sides to melt cheese...

walaa!!!

or , one of my personal favs... make breakfast for dinner! eggs, bacon, pancakes.... the kiddies always get a kick outta that one!!!

if all else fails, get some za from Little ceasers for $5.00 !!!!!

good luck! lemme know what youc ame up with!!

I raided the garden... we had corn on the cob, broccoli with soy sauce and garlic, carrots in butter, and farfalle pasta with cheese and/or tomatoes....

My kids were in heaven!!!

It was fast and easy, so I was close behind!!!

angel.gif

Grilled chicken breasts topped with blanched spinach and portabella mushrooms with a layer mozzarella cheese.

Steamed carrots and broccoli

Salad

After I was diagnosed with cancer in 2001 I went to see a nutritionist and learned more about how to eat better. I eat better than I ever have now and I am sure it helps me feel better and stay more healthy. If I only had done this before. After I moved out of parents home when I was 18 it was pizza and junk food for 15 years. Now I live with a killer cook. I don't do too bad myself. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Now, being as how food is one of my favorite subjects, why was I a little hesitant to post here?

Then it occured to me.... it's because this thread is in the Sisterhood forum. Hmmmm? Interesting. Women want to get past traditional stereotypes, yet post a food thread? confused13.gif OK, works for me. laugh.gif

Now, bring me some food, you serving-wenches! Don't skimp on the sauce, but DO skimp on the sexy outfit! And, while you're at it signs015.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Flame away, I can take it!! rofl3.gif moon.gif

Hey there.....I'm no cook really....but i'm not one of those "teens" that eats Mac and Cheese 24/7......actaully I really think thats gross.....anyways even tho I don't cook i'll tell you what my favorite meal is.....since I have a 50% polish background.....our family will have Perogies from time to time, (which is my favorite meal!)....anyone eaten this meal before? It's basically mashed up Potatoes and cheese in dough and you cook them.....you can have whatever you want inside them like cheese, onions and the such.....some of my friends are Polish too and they make them with fruit in it.... smile.gif yea it's good stuff.....you dip it in sugar!!! 653.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 2 2004, 08:20 PM)
Now, bring me some food, you serving-wenches! Don't skimp on the sauce, but DO skimp on the sexy outfit! And, while you're at it  signs015.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Flame away, I can take it!!  rofl3.gif  moon.gif

Hmmmmm.....which one to use?

http://www.tablefor2.net/images/baking%20accessories/rolling%20pin-30.jpghttp://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graphics/product_images/p208781reg.jpg

http://www.math.jhu.edu/~martind/pow.png

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 2 2004, 09:20 PM)
Now, being as how food is one of my favorite subjects, why was I a little hesitant to post here?

Then it occured to me.... it's because this thread is in the Sisterhood forum. Hmmmm? Interesting. Women want to get past traditional stereotypes, yet post a food thread? confused13.gif OK, works for me. laugh.gif

Now, bring me some food, you serving-wenches! Don't skimp on the sauce, but DO skimp on the sexy outfit! And, while you're at it signs015.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Flame away, I can take it!! rofl3.gif moon.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 2 2004, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 2 2004, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 2 2004, 08:20 PM)
Now, bring me some food, you serving-wenches! Don't skimp on the sauce, but DO skimp on the sexy outfit! And, while you're at it  signs015.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Flame away, I can take it!!  rofl3.gif  moon.gif

Hmmmmm.....which one to use?

http://www.tablefor2.net/images/baking%20accessories/rolling%20pin-30.jpghttp://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graphics/product_images/p208781reg.jpg

http://www.math.jhu.edu/~martind/pow.png

wacko.gif

Was it something I said? confused13.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/angry.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/t/biggrinangry.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/peace.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 2 2004, 09:48 PM)
Hey there.....I'm no cook really....but i'm not one of those "teens" that eats Mac and Cheese 24/7......actaully I really think thats gross.....anyways even tho I don't cook i'll tell you what my favorite meal is.....since I have a 50% polish background.....our family will have Perogies from time to time, (which is my favorite meal!)....anyone eaten this meal before? It's basically mashed up Potatoes and cheese in dough and you cook them.....you can have whatever you want inside them like cheese, onions and the such.....some of my friends are Polish too and they make them with fruit in it.... smile.gif yea it's good stuff.....you dip it in sugar!!! 653.gif

we LOVE perogies in this house...

it is a regular staple that my kids make themselves....

also to note: while in Toronto over the RUSH weekend, we went to a place called Black Bull Tavern, and my daughter and I ordered some perogies as our meal!!

by the way.... LRF80 gets da nu page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/sunglasses2.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/poseur.gif

OkOkOkOkOk! Now that I've had my attitude properly adjusted, and the cobwebs are starting to clear, I'll give a serious response.

I used my luscious lasagna to woo my lovely bride (obviously it worked). It's really nothing more complicated than assembling ricotta, mozarella, parmesan, and a touch of cheddar cheese. Adding in beef or sausage (as the mood and available ingredients dictate), canned tomatoes (no cooking from "scratch" here, sorry), garlic, oregano, etc. Regular pasta is best, but sometimes spinach noodles give a nice variety.

Vegetarian lasagna, however is a specialty best left to the professionals. That kind of lasagna we get in the frozen food section of Costco. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 3 2004, 09:29 AM)
OkOkOkOkOk! Now that I've had my attitude properly adjusted, and the cobwebs are starting to clear, I'll give a serious response.

I used my luscious lasagna to woo my lovely bride (obviously it worked). It's really nothing more complicated than assembling ricotta, mozarella, parmesan, and a touch of cheddar cheese. Adding in beef or sausage (as the mood and available ingredients dictate), canned tomatoes (no cooking from "scratch" here, sorry), garlic, oregano, etc. Regular pasta is best, but sometimes spinach noodles give a nice variety.

Vegetarian lasagna, however is a specialty best left to the professionals. That kind of lasagna we get in the frozen food section of Costco. biggrin.gif

You can so make veggie lasagna....

just make it like you always do, but leave out the meat!!!

Yumm!!!

Archived