I have a...

D-13

I have. This is a true story...We were playing a gig in a large club in Casper, Wy. And I think it was during the song 'Hang 'em High' by Van Halen, anyhow, there is a break in the song towards the end. It's just the guitar playing, everything else stops. Well I jump up on my drum stool, with one foot on it and the other on my floor tom (in the standard 'rockstar fashion'), and our pyro guy guys shoots off this Huge bomb! It was so big that it knocked me right off the drums and onto the floor. Funny as hell but I sprained my ankle when I hit. Crawled back to the drumset and the stool had flown across the stage, so I couldn't sit down. I played the rest of that song 'squatting' behind the kit!

Got it on video still. This was like 20 years ago. Funny stuff!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 28 2004, 11:51 AM)
I have. This is a true story...We were playing a gig in a large club in Casper, Wy. And I think it was during the song 'Hang 'em High' by Van Halen, anyhow, there is a break in the song towards the end. It's just the guitar playing, everything else stops. Well I jump up on my drum stool, with one foot on it and the other on my floor tom (in the standard 'rockstar fashion'), and our pyro guy guys shoots off this Huge bomb! It was so big that it knocked me right off the drums and onto the floor. Funny as hell but I sprained my ankle when I hit. Crawled back to the drumset and the stool had flown across the stage, so I couldn't sit down. I played the rest of that song 'squatting' behind the kit!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif That is soooo funny! lol Wow that must of been crazy...squatting for the rest of the song I dunno if I could do that! lol Cool story Launch!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 28 2004, 01:51 PM)

OMG too damn funny!!!! Post the video!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 28 2004, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 28 2004, 01:51 PM)

OMG too damn funny!!!! Post the video!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'll have to dig it out. That will be a project in itself! It's in the 'Archive Vault'...lol!

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 28 2004, 02:05 PM)
I sometimes hit myself with my sticks. Playing and whatnot can be very dangerous at times laugh.gif I don't think anything serious has ever happened. Just some bruises from sticks. doh.gif

Yea it's all about the sticks! I once sliced my hand on the high hats and it was bleeding forever...I couldn't believe it....and I thought it was just sweat...not!

I remember one time I was playing and I hit my crash hard enough that it broke the attachment piece and it put a small gash on my chest.

I also saw this one kid who had to play with a helmet on because he kept hitting himself in the head with his sticks.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 28 2004, 02:53 PM)
I remember one time I was playing and I hit my crash hard enough that it broke the attachment piece and it put a small gash on my chest.

I also saw this one kid who had to play with a helmet on because he kept hitting himself in the head with his sticks.

ohmy.gif HOLY CRAP Kazz! lol thats crazy....funny about the helmet lol

I was playing Yyz about 3 years ago...and the part where Neil used to cut to his solo in ASOH, the stick goes up in the air! I threw the stick up in the air, and i missed the catch...it hit my right tom tom and bounced back into my mouth...it hurt! doh.gif (true story!) LOL.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 28 2004, 07:06 PM)
I was playing Yyz about 3 years ago...and the part where Neil used to cut to his solo in ASOH, the stick goes up in the air! I threw the stick up in the air, and i missed the catch...it hit my right tom tom and bounced back into my mouth...it hurt! doh.gif (true story!) LOL.gif

LMFAO!!! IN YOUR MOUTH!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 28 2004, 04:06 PM)

ohmy.gif That would hurt because I have done that before where the stick bounces of a tom and goes towards your head! lol the one time it bounced off and landed perfectly in my hand...I was like sweet! thankyou! smile.gif

I was playing Yyz about 3 years ago...and the part where Neil used to cut to his solo in ASOH, the stick goes up in the air! I threw the stick up in the air, and i missed the catch...it hit my right tom tom and bounced back into my mouth...it hurt!  (true story!) 

That would hurt because I have done that before where the stick bounces of a tom and goes towards your head! lol the one time it bounced off and landed perfectly in my hand...I was like sweet! thankyou! 

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif SWEET...that would be good during a performance or concert eh?! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

My first gig ever (I was 16 or so), at a club in NY called February's. What a dump. Anyway, we did mostly covers, but one original tune. The tune ended with a long roll across the toms, which would lead to a solo in practice sessions. A bunch of my friends and family were there, so they start chating "SOLO!". The band shrugged, so I went for it. About mid-way through the solo, I used to do this thing with triplets on the kicks and rotos, and toss my free stick up, catch it, and go into some snare rudiments. Instead of catching it, the stick broke a light above my head, and tripped the breaker. The owner reset the breaker, cut our set short, and charged me the broken light. Creep.

QUOTE (Hero of Nobody @ Nov 30 2004, 12:45 PM)
My first gig ever (I was 16 or so), at a club in NY called February's. What a dump. Anyway, we did mostly covers, but one original tune. The tune ended with a long roll across the toms, which would lead to a solo in practice sessions. A bunch of my friends and family were there, so they start chating "SOLO!". The band shrugged, so I went for it. About mid-way through the solo, I used to do this thing with triplets on the kicks and rotos, and toss my free stick up, catch it, and go into some snare rudiments. Instead of catching it, the stick broke a light above my head, and tripped the breaker. The owner reset the breaker, cut our set short, and charged me the broken light. Creep.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

That's bringing the house down, eh???

Great story!! laugh.gif

no one got hurt in my story but my drummer broke a stick right at the end of a song. he could night find the other half by his drumset so we looked all over the room. it was all the way accross the room behind the curtains, it must hav gone right past us. funny as hell and yet scarey at the same time.

The other day...my cymbal cracked...and 2 shards...about the size of 5 Erasers each (just thought this up lol) flew right past me and hit the wall behind me...one came like 5 inches away....lol I was like...GAAAAAHH!! lol

this is unrelated. no actuauly, it was a tband practice but that sounds like the time my friend shot my other friend in the leg with a pelet gun about two inches away. bounced of his leg and chipped the wall. a few months latter we told his mom about it.

don't worry, my friend more than appologized.