I hate computers...

D-13

comp26.gif OK well i'm trying to download things for the Hub and it starts to download then it just stops.....it does that with MSN that i'm trying to download as well! I dunno what the hell it's doing....I have turned off Firewalls and stuff as well. confused13.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 03:32 PM)
comp26.gif OK well i'm trying to download things for the Hub and it starts to download then it just stops.....it does that with MSN that i'm trying to download as well! I dunno what the hell it's doing....I have turned off Firewalls and stuff as well. confused13.gif

Are you using wireless?

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 27 2004, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 03:32 PM)
comp26.gif OK well i'm trying to download things for the Hub and it starts to download then it just stops.....it does that with MSN that i'm trying to download as well! I dunno what the hell it's doing....I have turned off Firewalls and stuff as well.  confused13.gif

Are you using wireless?

yes.gif

My computer has been doing some strange things lately. I'm sure it has a virus, although not a particularly bad one, it seems to freak out every now and then fing.gif comp26.gif

Check you haven't a virus. I had a bad one a few years ago called 'Klez'. When I finally got rid of it, it had left a trail of destruction behind, by eating some of my .exe files.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 27 2004, 01:39 PM)
My computer has been doing some strange things lately. I'm sure it has a virus, although not a particularly bad one, it seems to freak out every now and then fing.gif comp26.gif

Check you haven't a virus. I had a bad one a few years ago called 'Klez'. When I finally got rid of it, it had left a trail of destruction behind, by eating some of my .exe files.

I just checked it with norton and there was nothing biggrin.gif yay!

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 27 2004, 03:39 PM)

Norton sucks, you have to update the info and stuff. Just use http://housecall.trendmicro.com and do a free one - they update their virus definitions daily.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 27 2004, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 27 2004, 03:39 PM)
My computer has been doing some strange things lately. I'm sure it has a virus, although not a particularly bad one, it seems to freak out every now and then fing.gif  comp26.gif

Norton sucks, you have to update the info and stuff. Just use http://housecall.trendmicro.com and do a free one - they update their virus definitions daily.

Yep. Norton didn't pick up my wonderful Klez virus (worm actually)..nasty. Ironically I found a website of the City of Waterloo University (yes that is Waterloo, Ont.), and I managed to download a patch from there. It worked and gotten rid of it.

I just noticed that when I play music from a network computer...every min or so it interupts and then carrys on....when I'm downloading something and it interupts the download stops...and it doesn't continue....strange upyours.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 04:15 PM)
I just noticed that when I play music from a network computer...every min or so it interupts and then carrys on....when I'm downloading something and it interupts the download stops...and it doesn't continue....strange upyours.gif comp26.gif

D, I know this is a wireless problem. I have been through all this so many times with wireless - I actually got so fed up that I went ahead and ran 100 feet of Cat5 Cable to my daughter's computer and took down the wireless... So I know how you feel. I would start with running a network cable to your computer and not use wireless and see if it still happens - just to narrow the problem down to that specifically, but I bet that it is a wireless problem.

Do you have wireless phones in the hosue (particularly 2.4 Ghz cordless phones) that could be interfering with the 2.4 Ghz signal from the router?

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 27 2004, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 27 2004, 04:15 PM)
I just noticed that when I play music from a network computer...every min or so it interupts and then carrys on....when I'm downloading something and it interupts the download stops...and it doesn't continue....strange upyours.gif  comp26.gif

D, I know this is a wireless problem. I have been through all this so many times with wireless - I actually got so fed up that I went ahead and ran 100 feet of Cat5 Cable to my daughter's computer and took down the wireless... So I know how you feel. I would start with running a network cable to your computer and not use wireless and see if it still happens - just to narrow the problem down to that specifically, but I bet that it is a wireless problem.

Do you have wireless phones in the hosue (particularly 2.4 Ghz cordless phones) that could be interfering with the 2.4 Ghz signal from the router?

yea wireless is a pain in the ass.....we were having alot of trouble for like 2 weeks trying to get the internet up and so we brought up a wireless thingy from another computer and it worked....so I'm guessing Bytor (hardrive) that fried the motherboard also fried the Internet card....I do have 2.4 GHz Cordless phone....right on top of the wireless router! perhaps that is what is screwing it up! yesh

laugh.gif

Archived