Burning DVD's With A MAC

Riv

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2004, 11:46 PM)
What programs does he have? Does he just want to make a straight dub of an existing DVD?

I believe so....

He has an iMAC and paid $300 for a DVD burner but can't figure out how to copy a DVD. I don't know what software, if any, he has on there.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2004, 11:54 PM)
The burner probably came bundled with a burner program. (For $300 it better have!) I use Macs at work and they have Roxio Toast Lite to burn discs. We need to know what program he has on there.

I suggested Toast a long time ago, I don't thnk that's what he has, because he said he didn't want to buy it. I would expect it came bundled, also.

No matter what program he has, it should be as easy as selecting "Copy Disk," putting the original DVD into the drive and loading the data into memory, then the drive would spit the original out and ask for a blank, and that's it. These programs pretty much hold your hand and tell you what to do next.

What he does need to know beforehand is disk burning speeds. Some older DVD burners only burn at 1x, some go to 4x. Newer ones go up to 8x. But the blank media has to match the drive's burn speed capability.

Jeff, you didn't have to start this thread just for me. The iMac doesn't have an external DVD burner, and it only has one disc drive. We just paid $300 orr $400 extra so the disc drive could burn DVDs as well. The only media software we have is the iLife package that includes iTunes, iFilm, and iDVD. I've tried messing around in iDVD, but it only takes PAL and NTSC files and I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files copied onto the hard drive but their not PAL or NTSC. I've heard people say DVDShrink and DVDDecryptor are good, but those only work on Windows as far as I know. Nero is supposedly the best one but it's probably really expensive.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 27 2004, 07:24 PM)
Jeff, you didn't have to start this thread just for me. The iMac doesn't have an external DVD burner, and it only has one disc drive. We just paid $300 orr $400 extra so the disc drive could burn DVDs as well. The only media software we have is the iLife package that includes iTunes, iFilm, and iDVD. I've tried messing around in iDVD, but it only takes PAL and NTSC files and I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files copied onto the hard drive but their not PAL or NTSC. I've heard people say DVDShrink and DVDDecryptor are good, but those only work on Windows as far as I know. Nero is supposedly the best one but it's probably really expensive.

I have used DVD shrink and its really good...I have no clue what kinda of program you should use for Mac....see thats the thing about Mac...about the selection of programs and its pretty slim to find stuff for mac....at least more stuff is coming out for Mac these days...

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 27 2004, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 27 2004, 07:24 PM)
Jeff, you didn't have to start this thread just for me.

laugh.gif Don't kid yourself! I really want that DVD.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif Hell I would too!

Archived