Summertime Blues

yyzyy

Hey there...I read a few weeks before the end of the tour that they were filming the Germany show...and then I also read that with that footage they werew going to make a summertime blues video...IS THAT TRUE? Does anybody know anything about it? thanks...

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 26 2004, 05:46 PM)
Hey there...I read a few weeks before the end of the tour that they were filming the Germany show...and then I also read that with that footage they werew going to make a summertime blues video...IS THAT TRUE? Does anybody know anything about it? thanks...

I haven't heard anything about it. Where did you hear it from? confused13.gif

Personally, I like The Who's version of Summertime Blues the best. Rush did an ok job, but didnt top thier version. I can understand if they wanted to do a Summertime Blues video though, that was the song they released as a single and the ONLY Feedback song you will ever hear on the radio. It wouldnt make much sense from a marketing point of view to make a promotional video for Feedback with any other song, at least if you do Summertime Blues, people will recognize it a little better.

I agree though, I would have liked to have heard rumors for a video for The Seeker or Heart Full of Soul over Summertime Blues. Tell you the truth though, I havent read any thing that would make me think they are making a video for it, so I will believe it when I see it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 26 2004, 08:18 PM)
that was the song they released as a single and the ONLY Feedback song you will ever hear on the radio.

Not true...

I heard Crossroads and The Seeker.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Oberon @ Nov 26 2004, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 26 2004, 08:18 PM)
that was the song they released as a single and the ONLY Feedback song you will ever hear on the radio.

Not true...

I heard Crossroads and The Seeker.

tongue.gif

Yea I heard for what its worth on Cjay...*spits*

I read somewhere that Rush was to have a concert in Germany for the men an women that died or survived the holocaust. Im not sure if it was an anniversary of that holocaust or it was the anniversary of his Mom's escape and re-uniting with his Dad. The concert was cancelled, the reason escapes me, but will look back for info. I believe it was an article from a Florida local town paper, but it also mentioned Red sector A was written by a story from his mom explaining the camp, I have to check that album too, cause I remember this article mentioning that the majority of the songs on that album reflect his mom and dad's survival of the holocaust.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 27 2004, 03:38 AM)
I've always liked Heart Full of Soul the best. I guess its because it was the first Rush song I played for my girlfriend and it made her a fan. It's also become "our" song as well...

All together now:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wub.gif

Archived