why cant i like heavy music ?

AVE IT FIRM PROMOTIONS

Hey Ave!! Welcome to the board. biggrin.gif A few things:

1) When you click the new topic button, it will post your topic in the current forum you're in. So, make sure you're in Random Samples when you post topics such as this. No worries. Not knocking you - just sayin' so. smile.gif

2) I don't give much credit to anyone who is critical of your personal choices. If that's what you like.... Listen to it. If someone says you shouldn't.... do the right thing and TURN IT UP!

3) IMO - one of the reasons I consider Rush to be the greatest band there is - is that they pull from every style of music known to man. From classical, metal, pop, rap, etc. It's all in there. To me, it's a non-issue. OF COURSE a fan of Rush could also be a fan of Slayer and such.

4) To your critics..... upyours.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 26 2004, 10:09 AM)

1) When you click the new topic button, it will post your topic in the current forum you're in. So, make sure you're in Random Samples when you post topics such as this. No worries. Not knocking you - just sayin' so. smile.gif

2) I don't give much credit to anyone who is critical of your personal choices. If that's what you like.... Listen to it. If someone says you shouldn't.... do the right thing and TURN IT UP!

3) IMO - one of the reasons I consider Rush to be the greatest band there is - is that they pull from every style of music known to man. From classical, metal, pop, rap, etc. It's all in there. To me, it's a non-issue. OF COURSE a fan of Rush could also be a fan of Slayer and such.

trink39.gif

Here here Paganoman. Each to his own. cool.gif

I have learned not to think what other think about the music I listen to. If they don't like it I couldn't care less. This also goes for snowboarding.....sometimes I think too much and think what people think of me....wrong it shouldn't be like that ya know? Slayer is good to get pumped up for things...like snowboarding lol

Welcome to the board dude!

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 26 2004, 03:09 PM)

trink39.gif

I don't think anyone can better this

Listen to whatever you like. Been a Slayer fan just as long as I have been a Rush fan. For me though its the other way around, most people make fun of me cuz I listen to alot of bands that are in the nu punk genre. But to hell with them, I dont care. As long as I like it I could care less what they have to say. I listen to almost all genres but country and rap and then I even like just a couple of artists from that too!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 26 2004, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 26 2004, 03:09 PM)
Hey Ave!!  Welcome to the board.  biggrin.gif  A few things:

1) When you click the new topic button, it will post your topic in the current forum you're in.  So, make sure you're in Random Samples when you post topics such as this.  No worries.  Not knocking you - just sayin' so. smile.gif

2)  I don't give much credit to anyone who is critical of your personal choices.  If that's what you like.... Listen to it.  If someone says you shouldn't.... do the right thing and TURN IT UP!

3)  IMO - one of the reasons I consider Rush to be the greatest band there is - is that they pull from every style of music known to man.  From classical, metal, pop, rap, etc.  It's all in there.  To me, it's a non-issue.  OF COURSE a fan of Rush could also be a fan of Slayer and such.

4) To your critics.....  upyours.gif

trink39.gif

I don't think anyone can better this

5) Please don't write in caps only smile.gif

To each his own AIFP. Just because you find one form of music doesnt mean at all that you shouldnt like another kind. If you find something enjoyable in the music you listen to, thats all that matters, and you dont have to give a crap if your friends approve or not. Thats what makes us all different. I have found myself getting into a few bands and styles of music that I am sure many even here do not agree with, but why should matter? No one here is critical over anyones styles of music any more then they expect someone to be critical of thiers. So to those naysayers who dont agree with all the same type of stuff you listen to, forget about it.

When I first was getting into Jethro Tull, I had a friend of mine that completely hated it (was listening to their early bluesier stuff at first) and didnt want to listen to any bit of it. I stuck with JT and they were my first rock concert, just blew me away. Needless to say, my friend was the one to break down and now he is a total Jethro Tull fan, he even owns more JT records then me tongue.gif

And welcome to TRF bekloppt.gif

Music.

Music is individual.

As for me I can listen to Rush and the next CD I throw in could be Kraftwerk or even Slayer.

I have so many different music in my rack and Rush is still my favorite togethter with Mike Oldfield followed by Marillion, early Helloween and Fields of the Nephilim.

As I heard Rush the first I hated them, 2 years later I had the entire back cataloge. That was in 1990. This Tour I was on 3 shows.

Rush is unique and we the fans are unique too.

SO DON`T CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER SAY, FINDING YOUR OWN WAY.

So welcome aboard bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Nov 27 2004, 01:47 AM)
Music.
Music is individual.
As for me I can listen to Rush and the next CD I throw in could be Kraftwerk or even Slayer.
I have so many different music in my rack and Rush is still my favorite togethter with Mike Oldfield followed by Marillion, early Helloween and Fields of the Nephilim.
As I heard Rush the first I hated them, 2 years later I had the entire back cataloge. That was in 1990. This Tour I was on 3 shows.
Rush is unique and we the fans are unique too.

SO DON`T CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER SAY, FINDING YOUR OWN WAY.

So welcome aboard bekloppt.gif

What else can I say, he's right!!

I think most hard music is all the same these days. There isn't much variety in it, and the musicians are not very talented. The bands I am talking about here are the instrument "bangers", who just wail on them. It's pretty sad actually. That's just my opinion though.

QUOTE (AVE IT FIRM PROMOTIONS @ Nov 26 2004, 08:01 AM)
RUSH FANS SAY I SHOULDNT  BE LISTENING TO THE LIKES OF SLAYER, BEZEKER ECT WHY NOT ? GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC. 'BE COOL OR BE CAST OUT' firedevil.gif

Dont listen to them. If Rush's music wasn't heavy at first I probably wouldn't be as into them as I am now. For the times, Rush's first 4 Albums was considered heavy, for the most part. I thought they rocked and that's why I liked them. They were my favorite band through all their changes and it was a good ride.

Listen to who you want, S.O.A.D is probably my 2nd favorite band right now. Those people telling you that you shouldn't listen to heavy music,,,,,,is just lame. You aren't, end of story ahahahahahahahahaha. 1022.gif

Archived