Favorite to Least Favorite: Test for Echo

Blue Baby Dragon

I'll take all of the songs on an album (Test for Echo this time), and we'll each list them from our favorite to least favorite on the album. Because you're ranking the songs on the album against one another, it doesn't matter how much you like/dislike the album against Rush's other albums.

I'll update the list of "scores" whenever I get a chance (last time I said every 4 or 5 posts, but in practice it's been every two posts or so. I'll base it on how often people post).

Here's how scoring works:

When someone new posts their list, each song gets a number of points equal to (N + 1) - P, where N is the number of songs on the album and P is the song's position on that person's list. (It'll be easier to understand once you see it in action)

No songs ever lose any points; the songs that people (as a whole) dislike more simply don't gain as many points.

RULES

- Don't vote something low (or high) just because it's popular, and don't vote something low (or high) just because it's unpopular. Be honest to what you actually feel about the songs.

- Don't try to "beat the system" by putting a song that you really feel should be third in last instead because it's "winning too much" or something like that. It's kind of hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. The point of this is for us all to be as "true" as possible, not to strategically make sure your favorite song is in first.

- Don't do anything like refuse to list tracks because they "suck so much," tie tracks, or put something "extra high." Every song on the album must be on your list; it doesn't matter how much you like/hate a song OVERALL, it only matters how much you like it compared to the other songs on the album. I know it's difficult to put something last (or if you love the album a whole lot, even to put something low), but that's part of the challenge and part of what makes this so interesting and fun.

- Please wait for me to make future topics in this "series." I'll gradually add more if this does well enough, but they'll seem less focused if too many begin at once.

1. The Color of Right (+11)

2. Half the World (+10)

3. Test for Echo (+9)

4. Totem (+8)

5. Time and Motion (+7)

6. Limbo (+6)

7. Resist (+5)

8. Driven (+4)

9. Virtuality (+3)

10. Carve Away the Stone (+2)

11. Dog Years (+1)

For me a few things were really hard to decide- whether The Color of Right or Half the World should go first, where to throw Limbo in, and whether Totem or Time and Motion should go fourth.

I don't really know what to expect for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if the scores for this album were really evenly spread.

Edited by Blue Baby Dragon

Test for Echo

Driven

Totem

Limbo

Time and Motion

Resist

Half the World

The Color of Right

Carve Away the Stone

Dog Years

Virtuality