The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

when im watching with my wife, she always says"why dont they just stop this person, why let them continue, there awefull." i tell her, its obvious the producers of the show intruct the judges before these auditions to let the really bad ones continue and they will be the judge come edit time to deside what ones will make the broadcast. the sad thing is some of these people are completely pathetic and its a bit sad they get flaunted as the fools they are on national tv. i mean c'mon, for example, the dweeb juggling the sticks while singing, that was painfull to watch because he is only 16, very imature and basically they make him look like a complete asshole on national television, but i guess if your dilutional enough to think you have tallent, you get what you get and you dont get upset. someday however if my kid comes to me and says "dad im gonna try out for american idol !" if she has no tallent i will simply say, no your not, you suck ! Edited by tick

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2007, 02:15 PM)
when im watching with my wife, she always says"why dont they just stop this person, why let them continue, there awefull." i tell her, its obvious the producers of the show intruct the judges before these auditions to let the really bad ones continue and they will be the judge come edit time to deside what ones will make the broadcast. the sad thing is some of these people are completely pathetic and its a bit sad they get flaunted as the fools they are on national tv. i mean c'mon, for example, the dweeb juggling the sticks while singing, that was painfull to watch because he is only 16, very imature and basically they make him look like a complete asshole on national television, but i guess if your dilutional enough to think you have tallent, you get what you get and you dont get upset. someday however if my kid comes to me and says "dad im gonna try out for american idol !" if she has no tallent i will simply say, no your not, you suck !

Good man! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2007, 10:15 AM)
when im watching with my wife, she always says"why dont they just stop this person, why let them continue, there awefull." i tell her, its obvious the producers of the show intruct the judges before these auditions to let the really bad ones continue and they will be the judge come edit time to deside what ones will make the broadcast. the sad thing is some of these people are completely pathetic and its a bit sad they get flaunted as the fools they are on national tv. i mean c'mon, for example, the dweeb juggling the sticks while singing, that was painfull to watch because he is only 16, very imature and basically they make him look like a complete asshole on national television, but i guess if your dilutional enough to think you have tallent, you get what you get and you dont get upset. someday however if my kid comes to me and says "dad im gonna try out for american idol !" if she has no tallent i will simply say, no your not, you suck !

what really gets me laughing is these people who are devestated and who say the judges made a huge mistake, that the judges should be fired (yeah, THAT'S gonna happen sarcasm.gif ), and how they're gonna show the world and make it anyway. puh-lease!

what REALLY got me was that woman who called herself a "superfan", how she owns and watches every single episode of every season, and even owns the shows from several different countries.

she then proceeds to sing terribly, begs to be allowed to sing more and then goes OFF on the judges when outside the room. doesn't she KNOW what it's like after all that watching? sorry, i have no sympathy for someone like that.

i do feel bad for the sweet people who genuinely think they're good singers who are obviously being lied to by friends and family because they don't have the heart to tell them they have no talent, only to find out that after 15 years of singing, their dreams are crushed in 2 minutes. still, i can't feel TOO bad for these people. if they don't want to take the chance of looking like a fool in front of tens of millions of people, they shouldn't have tried out. they've watched the show. they know the risks. they know the chances of making it to Hollywood are 1 in several hundred at best.

unless people really just want to be on tv, i would say if you're thinking of trying out for this show, to go and sing in front of a few dozen different people and ask for their brutally honest opinion of your singing ability. if everyone tells you that your voice is amazing, only then do i think the person really has a right to be crushed if the american idol judges tell them they're awful and they should give up singing.

damn, this is some entertaining shit! laugh.gif

Edited by rushgoober

I dunno why people are so obsessed with watching people performing as singers on TV who can't sing, seems very strange to me. And if you do watch it, once you've watched a series or two surely by then you've been there and done that and it's time to move on...

confused13.gif

I this is anything like Pop Idol in the UK (I assume it is if Simon Cowell is involved) then the only time it is worth watching is in the early stages when the weird/terrible acts are being filtered out. After that it gets boring.

It's like Karaoke. You shouldn't be allowed to do it if you are a good singer, because the entertainment value is lost....

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 17 2007, 10:58 AM)
Shows like American Idol just lower the standards of the music industry. Its the worst thing thats ever happened to music.

I totally disagree.

How can you say that sales of 40+ million albums hurts the music industry? If anything, Idol is keeping it alive!

And the "standards" of the industry are much lower than what you see on Idol. I can assure you of this. Just watch MTV for 20 minutes.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 17 2007, 02:39 PM)
Shows like American Idol just lower the standards of the music industry.  Its the worst thing thats ever happened to music.

I totally disagree.

How can you say that sales of 40+ million albums hurts the music industry? If anything, Idol is keeping it alive!

And the "standards" of the industry are much lower than what you see on Idol. I can assure you of this. Just watch MTV for 20 minutes.

SHEEP!!!

40 million SHEEP that wouldn't know good music if they were GIVEN a complete 2.gif cd anthology.

TV hypes it... and you sheep flock to it. THEN, even worse... you go and buy bullshit cd's by Chris Daughtry and Kelly Clarkson.

How do you say you LOVE 2.gif and then fess up to this DRIVEL??? Seriously... i have to know how you can have great music in your collection and then something like that mixed in with it? Is it like having a Dr. Demento album or something? Just for shits and giggles? Cuz you can't honestly say it's good stuff. You just can't. It's not even subjective. It's CRAP.

They took that guy that came in second place... WHO SUCKS... and they forced fed him down all our throats and the sheep who can't think for themselves actually went and bought the guy's music. ohmy.gif

Kelly's good. yes.gif Ruben's got a beautiful voice. yes.gif But their pop crap, cookie cutter bullshit insults any true music fan's intelligence.

I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. laugh.gif

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz.

No wonder Paula is on drugs. The guilt of selling her soul to this bullshit show must be killing her.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 17 2007, 03:39 PM)
Shows like American Idol just lower the standards of the music industry.  Its the worst thing thats ever happened to music.

I totally disagree.

I didn't say it hurts the music industry, I said it lowers the standard and mtv type garbage is exactly what we see on american idol.

Its great for the industry in terms of money but the music sucks nowadays. If your ok with lots of money and crappy product than by all means eat it up.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 05:30 PM)

I totally disagree.

SHEEP!!!

40 million SHEEP that wouldn't know good music if they were GIVEN a complete 2.gif cd anthology.

TV hypes it... and you sheep flock to it. THEN, even worse... you go and buy bullshit cd's by Chris Daughtry and Kelly Clarkson.

How do you say you LOVE 2.gif and then fess up to this DRIVEL??? Seriously... i have to know how you can have great music in your collection and then something like that mixed in with it? Is it like having a Dr. Demento album or something? Just for shits and giggles? Cuz you can't honestly say it's good stuff. You just can't. It's not even subjective. It's CRAP.

They took that guy that came in second place... WHO SUCKS... and they forced fed him down all our throats and the sheep who can't think for themselves actually went and bought the guy's music. ohmy.gif

Kelly's good. yes.gif Ruben's got a beautiful voice. yes.gif But their pop crap, cookie cutter bullshit insults any true music fan's intelligence.

I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. laugh.gif

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz.

No wonder Paula is on drugs. The guilt of selling her soul to this bullshit show must be killing her.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Get this man a soapbox!!!!!

Great stuff necro!!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 17 2007, 04:44 PM)

I totally disagree.

SHEEP!!!

Great stuff necro!!!

laugh.gif

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol. Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE. z7shysterical.gif

I'd like to start some kind of anti-reality TV movement.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 17 2007, 04:44 PM)

I totally disagree.

SHEEP!!!

Great stuff necro!!!

laugh.gif

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol. Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE. z7shysterical.gif

schla03.gif

Tonights show was historic! I laughed my ass off.

I DVD'd the whole thing so look out for manipulated videos djour. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 17 2007, 05:48 PM)
Jeez Necro, put on some Sinatra and have drink man. Whoaaaa... laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I took a lude. I'm better now. smile.gif

Dudes on Ludes http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/TheRushForum/yay-2.gif

tongue.gif

I caught the show.

What a trip!!!

Do these people really think they can sing???

I mean... I know that I can't sing so I would never

go on NATIONAL TV and act like I could. no.gif

Some of them acted like they were a gift. They need

to get some honest people in their lives to tell them

that they really SUCK. yes.gif

I have to admit though...

The brother/sister are gonna be interesting to

watch. It should make for a good season.

And that tall chick... I wonder how she will

make out. You know that she will be the one they

set up for some pretty cool shit.

But the rest of them... rofl3.gif

I can't wait to see the next episode.

I could use the laughs.

What is up with Paula???

She was off the wall last night. yes.gif

I never seen her act the way she was.

You could tell she was popping something.

It was funny to watch her but I hope we get

the other Paula back. The one who was a bit

sensitive to the contestants... You know to even

things out a bit.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 18 2007, 03:49 AM)

What is up with Paula???

She was off the wall last night. yes.gif
I never seen her act the way she was.

You could tell she was popping something.
It was funny to watch her but I hope we get
the other Paula back. The one who was a bit
sensitive to the contestants... You know to even
things out a bit.

I don't know if Paula was on something last night. She seemed actually pretty normal last night, as Paula goes. There are times in the past where she seemed particularly loopy, but not necessarily on last night's show.

One thing I have noticed about Paula is she is sometimes a bit less sensitive than she used to be, and she's a lot more tolerant of Simon going off on someone in his brutal honesty. I think she realized that him being like that is a large part of the show's success, and I think she probably also realized that if by now a person comes on the show, you have to assume that they've seen the show a lot and they're opening themselves up to ridicule and brutal honesty if they suck.

I think she has a bit less sympathy towards some people than she used to, but that's understandable. Some people are just so sucky that you can't help but laugh, even Paula who used to worry so much about being nice all the time. Paula used to be more what like Jewel was on Tuesday night's show, working so hard to be nice and supportive to everyone without laughing at people. I think she realized after awhile that she just had to have more fun and relax about the whole thing.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 18 2007, 03:46 AM)
The brother/sister are gonna be interesting to
watch. It should make for a good season.

Yeah, the Indian brother and sister were particularly good, especially the guy. yes.gif

The girl was also really good, but she lacked self-confidence. With a little more slef-confidence, she could be something really special. I have to say though, that girl is so hot that my television practically caught fire. I mean, oh my God! firedevil.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 18 2007, 06:20 AM)
I have to say though, that girl is so hot that my television practically caught fire. I mean, oh my God! firedevil.gif

She was super hot.

I'd like to be her "New Delhi" laugh.gif

Big Red was great.

As for the bad ones, some of them actually think they can sing, but you just know that half of them are total put-ons, that just go on the show as a joke, because they're bad. This is obvious, because there are like 20,000 people in the football stadium for each city, and Paula, Randy, and Simon obviously don't see all of them. My guess is that they have producers listen to people in the stadium, and they pick out people to go see the judges. They pick the really good ones, and the really horrible ones that would make for entertaining TV, like Big Red and the juggler guy the first night, or that guy the second season who sang "Like a Virgin" with the arm movements, or William Hung, etc.