The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 24 2007, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 24 2007, 08:35 AM)
Well... it's safe to say that the finale (especially the announcing of the winner) was uneventful as hell. Looks like it's back to watching only the audtions and the finale for me...

See, and I thought the 2-hour finale show was one of the best things I'd ever seen on television.

Go figure... eh.gif

P.S. - I guess if you're not watching it every week or most weeks, you don't get as emotionally involved in the process...

Once again, you hypocrite ! you ripped my thread on the Grammys saying how lame they were when all i was saying is the entertainment part of the Grammys was very entertaining. I enjoyed the performances by the artists that performed that night, but you came in that thread with a smug attitude saying " i cant even understand why anyone would start a thread about the Grammys." ITS OK HOWEVER TO LIKE A SHOW LIKE AMERICAN IDOL, WHICH REPRESENTS EVERTHING YOU HATE ABOUT THE GRAMMYS AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN GENERAL !!! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! YOU CANT SAY A THING GOOBS, YOU KNOW IM RIGHT !

You OK, bud?

Fine thanks. biggrin.gif how are you today ? trink36.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... it's safe to say that the finale (especially the announcing of the winner) was uneventful as hell. Looks like it's back to watching only the audtions and the finale for me...

See, and I thought the 2-hour finale show was one of the best things I'd ever seen on television.

Go figure... eh.gif

P.S. - I guess if you're not watching it every week or most weeks, you don't get as emotionally involved in the process...

Ehh... I dunno, I didn't really see the need to make the finale two hours long. I didn't enjoy any of the previous idols performances. Well, maybe Ruben Studard a little bit... and Kelly Clarkson with Joe Perry was a little interesting. But Taylor Hicks and Carrie Underwood? No thanks... but hey, to each his own.

P.S. - I watched all but two episodes this season tongue.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 01:25 PM)

Go figure... eh.gif

Once again, you hypocrite ! you ripped my thread on the Grammys saying how lame they were when all i was saying is the entertainment part of the Grammys was very entertaining. I enjoyed the performances by the artists that performed that night, but you came in that thread with a smug attitude saying " i cant even understand why anyone would start a thread about the Grammys." ITS OK HOWEVER TO LIKE A SHOW LIKE AMERICAN IDOL, WHICH REPRESENTS EVERTHING YOU HATE ABOUT THE GRAMMYS AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN GENERAL !!! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! YOU CANT SAY A THING GOOBS, YOU KNOW IM RIGHT !

boy, who pissed in your cheerios this morning? tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 07:21 PM)

Go figure... eh.gif

i did, i prefer my own. ohmy.gif by the way, you know im only messing with ya right, even though i do mean what i said. biggrin.gif

Is "Rock Star" going to be on this summer?

After "Idol" ends, we usually start watching "Rock Star."

QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 07:21 PM)

Go figure... eh.gif

i did, i prefer my own. ohmy.gif by the way, you know im only messing with ya right, even though i do mean what i said. biggrin.gif

i know man, no worries! trink39.gif

it's cool, i'll cop to a bit of being hypocritical. i can't stand the grammy's because to me it reflects what i percieve as the virtually completely worthless state of the music industry today, and yet i enjoy american idol which is getting to be more and more a significant part of today's music industry.

yeah, to me the biggest problem with the music industry since the advent of MTV, is increasingly over time you have to have a look or an image to be successful, and it's diluted the music tremendously. if people making 60's psychedelic music or 70's progressive music had to also look cool, it would have been a disaster. have you ever seen one of those infomercials of 70's singer/songwriter music? man, there were some ugly f*ckers singing back then, but no one cared because it was about the MUSIC.

i guess i figure that the music industry is SO far gone that american idol can't really do anything to hurt it much worse. it's like sticking a fork in a cheeseburger and worrying about hurting the cow. yeah, it's indicative of the worst aspects of the music industry. melinda didn't make the finals because she didn't LOOK as good as jordin or blake. it sucks, i know, but there's the music industry for you.

i still love AI because I love good reality television. i like getting emotionally involved in these people and what happens with them, and besides that, they do actually have to be able to sing as well to make it to the end, not JUST look cool. to me it's somewhat of a moot point as i'm not buying their music anyway, just enjoying the show and what they can do. hypocritical? probably, but i really don't care. i unashamedly love what others consider crap and unashamedly hate what others consider quality. isn't that the way of the world though? one man's trash is another man's treasure, we all have our guilty pleasures, etc.?

peace,

gary

p.s. can i ramble or WHAT? tongue.gif unsure.gif

Goob, I agree with the others regarding the lameness of the finale. (Sorry!)

I watched most of the shows this season, but the end was anti-climatic to me. Once both Haley Scarnato (what a hottie!) and then Sanjaya (how far will this awful singer/entertainer go?) were both voted off, I lost interest. I "rooted" for Melinda Doolittle to be in the finale, as she was the best and most consistently good singer, but she didn't make it. Blake and Jordin in the finale? I couldn't care less.

Add to that the unnecessary TWO HOUR program before announcing the winner, and it gets a big thumbs-down. Why must we sit through 119 minutes of programming just to get to the ONE MINUTE we care about? Call me cynical, but the answer is: advertising dollars. And I think that's pretty crummy.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 27 2007, 11:00 AM)
Goob, I agree with the others regarding the lameness of the finale. (Sorry!)

I watched most of the shows this season, but the end was anti-climatic to me. Once both Haley Scarnato (what a hottie!) and then Sanjaya (how far will this awful singer/entertainer go?) were both voted off, I lost interest. I "rooted" for Melinda Doolittle to be in the finale, as she was the best and most consistently good singer, but she didn't make it. Blake and Jordin in the finale? I couldn't care less.

Add to that the unnecessary TWO HOUR program before announcing the winner, and it gets a big thumbs-down. Why must we sit through 119 minutes of programming just to get to the ONE MINUTE we care about? Call me cynical, but the answer is: advertising dollars. And I think that's pretty crummy.

I loved every minute of it. yes.gif

As one misery ends another begins, at least for us north of the 49th. Canadian Idol is set to get underway with it's three moronic and unknown judges (Sass Jordan is too sexy and is the best known of the "celebrity judges" to be considered a moron) and what must surely be considered the biggest buffoon/host on all of TV - Ben Mulroney. That very name should induce projectile vomiting in all Canadians over age 30.

When the Idol franchise finally gets put to sleep, it will be a glorious day for all of humanity, for all that is decent, and for all that is righteous.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 31 2007, 12:12 PM)
When the Idol franchise finally gets put to sleep, it will be a glorious day for all of humanity, for all that is decent, and for all that is righteous.

I can see it... I can see it... PERFECT platform if you're gonna run for office. I wouldn't be suprised if that ends up in the history books... or maybe a revision of the bible.

You still havn't told me about Mr. Explodinghead. Is that from a Cronenberg film by chance?

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 31 2007, 07:19 PM)
It's from Scanners... I dunno if he made that movie or not. But if he did, he's pretty cool smile.gif

It is David Cronenberg.

David Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors. He did Naked Lunch, Crash (not the one about racism), ExistenZ, The History of Violence, etc. Brilliant f*cking director. yes.gif