Computer question.

Alsgalpal

WTF??? Everytime I run Yahoo, and TRF chat, my whole damn computer shuts down, and restarts itself. Why??? wacko.gif

So, all of you that I just disappear on in chat, I don't mean to. ph34r.gif

That's not good. Any recent changes to the machine (hardware or software installation)?

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 24 2004, 06:30 PM)
Not that I know of, just the regular software upgrades...

Has it worked since your last S/W upgrade? If it has, was the upgrade some sort of hotfix that can be removed?

What program in Yahoo are you running? Messenger? Chat? Games?

Chances are if it's any of those, you have multiple programs trying to access your java programs at the same time. This might cause problems.

Tell me what your trying to do.

Also, what OS are you running? (operating system)

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 24 2004, 06:38 PM)
Whats a hotfix??? I just upgraded my yahoo messenger, but it has been doing this for a while. I am just getting pissed about it.

You said TRF chat causes it also? That is java. I don't think it could be a memory probably causing you to reboot. I'm at a loss.

Can always try www.microsoft.com/technet

Can you remember the last time everything worked OK ..

Definitely sounds like a software problem. Windows is crap.

It only happens when I am chatting in TRF chat and chatting in Yahoo too.. I am not sure if it does it when I am using cams or not. It just freezes up, then it totally restarts everything. The computer shuts off, and reboots. I use windows xp home. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 24 2004, 06:46 PM)
It only happens when I am chatting in TRF chat and chatting in Yahoo too.. I am not sure if it does it when I am using cams or not. It just freezes up, then it totally restarts everything. The computer shuts off, and reboots.  I use windows xp home.  confused13.gif

Well, quit doing that!

Uninstall yahoo completely and download it again. Or maybe a jave update...I'll look into that one.

Gonna try to do yahoo and TRF chat together right now.

Whoa! I just tried to chat here, open Yahoo Messenger, go to a yahoo chat room, IM someone...All with Photoshop and Flash open!

OUCH................Don't do that! LOL

Here's your fix, don't try to run a bunch of chat (java) stuff at once. If you do, then make sure you close all unnessessary programs first.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 24 2004, 09:10 PM)
Whoa! I just tried to chat here, open Yahoo Messenger, go to a yahoo chat room, IM someone...All with Photoshop and Flash open!
OUCH................Don't do that! LOL

Here's your fix, don't try to run a bunch of chat (java) stuff at once. If you do, then make sure you close all unnessessary programs first.

That was what I was going to suggest...

Stupid ass freaking RicePiece of a computer did it again. I ran TRF chat, and AIM chat, and it behaved. I run just yahoo, messenger, during an important convo, and the piece of freaking rice rebooted itself again... I am just a little irritated... What gives???

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 26 2004, 01:12 AM)
Stupid ass freaking RicePiece of a computer did it again. I ran TRF chat, and AIM chat, and it behaved. I run just yahoo, messenger, during an important convo, and the piece of freaking rice rebooted itself again... I am just a little irritated... What gives???

LOL....rice is cool, huh huh!

You mabey should update your 'Java'.

Go HERE

Yahoo is notorious for taking over your computer. When you install YIM, unless you're REALLY careful to uncheck a bunch of boxes during the installation process, you will install a bunch of spyware-type programs along with the IM program. And Yahoo doesn't always let you uninstall all of their stuff, either. And if your IE browser ever gets "Yahooized," forget it. You'll never get rid of it.

I hate Yahoo. comp26.gif

Since were on the subject of comp26.gif Does anybody use Roxio Media Creator and have you experienced any problems with it since Service Pack II? I have version 7 and before the updade (SPII) I could copy a CD and play it on just about any player. Now a copied CD only plays on a few select CD players. Does anyone else (or oneone) use Roxio Easy Media Creator and have these same problems? Roxio has a message board and other users are having the same troubles and they are saying Roxio is no help! I have heard a program called "Nero" mentioned there, does anyone know what this is and do you use it? I have not done a search for Nero yet I'm just frustrated that all of a sudden I have a lot of $$$ in a software program and it suddenly stops working. comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 26 2004, 11:23 PM)
Since were on the subject of comp26.gif Does anybody use Roxio Media Creator and have you experienced any problems with it since Service Pack II? I have version 7 and before the updade (SPII) I could copy a CD and play it on just about any player. Now a copied CD only plays on a few select CD players. Does anyone else (or oneone) use Roxio Easy Media Creator and have these same problems? Roxio has a message board and other users are having the same troubles and they are saying Roxio is no help! I have heard a program called "Nero" mentioned there, does anyone know what this is and do you use it? I have not done a search for Nero yet I'm just frustrated that all of a sudden I have a lot of $$$ in a software program and it suddenly stops working. comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

Nero is a pretty decent media creator, I used to use it on my dad's computer, now I use the VAIO stuff that came with my laptop. But when I burned with Nero I never seemed to have any probs, even with the SP2. That stinks about Roxio screwing up, my dad was praising them highly just the other day. comp26.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 26 2004, 08:27 PM)
Nero is a pretty decent media creator, I used to use it on my dad's computer, now I use the VAIO stuff that came with my laptop. But when I burned with Nero I never seemed to have any probs, even with the SP2. That stinks about Roxio screwing up, my dad was praising them highly just the other day. comp26.gif

Yea, Roxio DID work great for me until now and from what I'm reading over there, I'm not the only one so it must be operator error. I'm going to check back there from time to time for a solution before I go spending $$$ on a new program. comp26.gif

Archived