Least favorite song?

yyz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the songs that get the skip treatment regularly in my stereo:

Tai Shan (I think I've lost my patience with this one -I tried to like it but eh, it didn't work. An "edited version" of HYF, one of my fav records otherwise, would be nice to have! laugh.gif )

Freeze (it's just obnoxious and doesn't even count as music in my books tongue.gif )

Dog Years

Virtuality

(I love TFE but these I tend to skip, yes)

Speed Of Love (can you say bland?? Just mentioning the title puts me to sleep...)

Countdown (I always push stop after Losing It... I just can't bear to listen to the rather tedious Countdown after such a fantastic song, sorry.)

Grand Designs (I can't stand those overbearing and tinkly synths!)

Rivendell (poor Rivendell, I really can't bring myself to dislike it, but yeah, I rarely have the patience to listen to it before the wonderful In The End...)

As for songs like Heresy, Neurotica, Big Wheel, RTB, You Bet Your Life...well, I truly dislike each and every one, but I don't really skip them all that often as I very rarely listen to the album in question anyway. joker.gif

On the rare occasions that I take out the debut album, I tend to listen to it from start to finish without any problems at all. It's just harmless fun (a la Face Up) and none of the songs make me want to reach for the skip button.

QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 25 2004, 05:54 PM)

ohmy.gif

That was blasphemy in its worse form, according to my own Church of Synth.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 25 2004, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 25 2004, 02:54 PM)
Freeze (it's just obnoxious and doesn't even count as music in my books  tongue.gif )

I just noticed this one, are you out of your mind wacko.gif That is the best song on Vapor Trails, very intense tongue.gif

Yeah really. That's a really good song!!! What's going on? cool10.gif fing.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 25 2004, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 25 2004, 02:54 PM)
Freeze (it's just obnoxious and doesn't even count as music in my books  tongue.gif )

I just noticed this one, are you out of your mind wacko.gif That is the best song on Vapor Trails, very intense tongue.gif

Yes, intensely cacophonic. wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Oberon @ Nov 25 2004, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 25 2004, 05:54 PM)

ohmy.gif

That was blasphemy in its worse form, according to my own Church of Synth.

My true synth heaven resides on HYF. wub.gif

Grand Designs is a purgatory. wink.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 24 2004, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 24 2004, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 24 2004, 02:40 PM)
Dog years lyrics are kind of umm pathetic. laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif They aren't the greatest... confused13.gif LOL.gif

I read somewhere that the lyrics were written to Dog Years during a Neil drinking session. Lol, You can thank Maltus for the inspiration to that one wink.gif

rofl3.gif Some quotes to muse over...

"And all too soon a canine

Will be chasing cars in doggie heaven"

"Dog years -- It's the season of the itch"

"One sniff at the hydrant" (must be the dalmation on Signals) rofl3.gif

...he just forgot to get in there something about cocking a leg up and peeing.

I'm sure there is something profound or deep-and-meaningful in this song. confused13.gif

At first I thought there was no song that Rush came out with that would ever be my least favorite until from my sub-conscious reminded me of, "I'm on the train to Bangkok". I liked this song when I was a teenager smoking pot w/my friends. This was the time when I cracked up when the Science teacher mentioned the planet named uranus in school. There is nothing uplifting or moving about this song, it hurts me to admit that Rush ever produced a song that I have to realize that is boring. Excuse me while I try to collect myself now.

Agreed, A Passage to Bangkok is far from being my favourite Rush song. But I must admit the name "Uranus" is wicked cool... laugh.gif

Every time one of these threads comes along, I always give the same answer...

"Anagram (For Mongo)"

One of Neil's word puzzles put to music. Extremely lame, flat, emotionless music. A song that sounds like it took all of four minutes to write. This is one of those tunes that should've been left off and saved for a box set, but since Rush never leaves songs behind, they threw it on the album. Thanks, guys! 062802puke_prv.gif It is still the one Rush song I've yet to listen to all the way through.

Two thumbs down! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2004, 05:36 PM)
Every time one of these threads comes along, I always give the same answer...

"Anagram (For Mongo)"

One of Neil's word puzzles put to music. Extremely lame, flat, emotionless music. A song that sounds like it took all of four minutes to write. This is one of those tunes that should've been left off and saved for a box set, but since Rush never leaves songs behind, they threw it on the album. Thanks, guys! 062802puke_prv.gif It is still the one Rush song I've yet to listen to all the way through.

Two thumbs down! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Ok, gotta agree with this one too. I know Neil was just participating in some experimentation here, but this is another one I usually hit the skip button on.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 26 2004, 09:32 PM)
No way, I love it. Anagram's very creative and fun to listen to, too.

Yes, I agree! It is one of my favorites on Presto.

Archived