Favorite Moment

rushfreak

As the N. American portion of the tour is over, and I don't believe any current members are going to Europe, what is your favorite moment or experience from the R-30 tour? I'd like to know everyones best time. I think that you all already know mine.

I suppose my 36-Hours-of-Rush Holiday does not qualify as a single moment. So I will try and narrow it down. Tough job, that!

My most memorable moment was the moment my 4 months (since buying the tickets), 12 years (since my last true rock concert), and 14 years (since seeing the boys) of waiting came to an end. Jerry Stiller called the boys out, Geddy strolled onstage 15 feet from me, Neil ran on stage, and Alex launched into the opening riffs.

Heaven on earth!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 23 2004, 12:47 AM)
Sneaking to 3rd row with DaveyT, Chipper, Earthshine, and whoever else was up there at Concord 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yeah, it was more like 6th row, but who's counting!!!!

tongue.gif biggrin.gif LOL.gif

wacko.gif

The trips to Vegas (and Death Valley, RR smile.gif ) plus NYC (greatest 24 hours EVER, 1-0-0-1) were definitely the TRAVELING highlights of the tour. But as far as the shows themselves, I'd have to go with opening night in Nashville. Having to keep on walking and walking and walking down closer to get to my seat; getting to watch Alex (he was RIGHT THERE!) watch Jerry Stiller and laugh; having a guy behind me say, "She KNOWS the LYRICS!"; sneaking down to the third row to hear the beginning of the second set; getting to see Geddy and Alex UP CLOSE---and Neil's legs in bike shorts as he played Tom Sawyer.... wub.gif and <droooooool>

Every show was special, because of the people I was lucky enough to be with, but that first one was the kicker...

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 23 2004, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 23 2004, 12:47 AM)
Sneaking to 3rd row with DaveyT, Chipper, Earthshine, and whoever else was up there at Concord  1022.gif  1022.gif

Yeah, it was more like 6th row, but who's counting!!!!

tongue.gif biggrin.gif LOL.gif

wacko.gif

Lol true, but by the end of the night, everyone just seemed to be migrating closer

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 23 2004, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 07:49 AM)
Front Row Center with ES-335 in cleveland - a magical night!

Lee said you weren't there.......... rofl3.gif

Heh hh only missed the rant and part of Lavilla... DAMN I had to pee! I told Lee, man I am either going to pee here in a cup in front of Geddy or I am going to have to leave front row for 5 mins, which got me laughing HARDER, which is BAD in that situation rofl3.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 23 2004, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 07:49 AM)
Front Row Center with ES-335 in cleveland - a magical night!

Lee said you weren't there.......... rofl3.gif

Heh hh only missed the rant and part of Lavilla... DAMN I had to pee! I told Lee, man I am either going to pee here in a cup in front of Geddy or I am going to have to leave front row for 5 mins, which got me laughing HARDER, which is BAD in that situation rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

You gotta admit, it would have been funny to pee in a big ass cup in front of Geddy, but my God can you imagine his reaction? I imagine he would either just look at me in a disgusted "You asshole" look or he would totally ignore it. The barrier was so close to the stage, though that he maybe wouldn't have seen. I almost pissed my pants on that one... Thank God the Rant was just mumbling

For me the Radio City Show looking overat Singularity and seeing this..... 1022.gif

But the best was the look on RUSHFNATICS face when he was sharing his All Acess photo's at The pre show meetup.

VTs has been more than generous to many of us.

1022.gif

My favorite moment will be, when I meet my new US friend VT first time in Frankfurt.

The second will be when I hear the first live tunes by Rush for 12 years the same evening. yes.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Aug 24 2004, 12:45 PM)
My favorite moment will be, when I meet my new US friend VT first time in Frankfurt.
The second will be when I hear the first live tunes by Rush for 12 years the same evening. yes.gif

Very well said VTs is a great guy a dumbass at times but great nonetheless

1022.gif