Goober Radio!

rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2006, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 18 2006, 06:16 AM)
Cool goobs.  Any idea of the time slot?

We talked vaguely about possibly Thursdays from 4-6 pm PST, but that could EASILY change. I should know definitively by Wednesday, and then I would start the following week. I wanted to do late afternoon (as opposed to evening) so people on the east coast could hear it too (7-9 pm EST). UK people could also potentially hear it, but it'd be pretty late for them (Midnight - 2 am).

What time would that be in Japan?

7-9pm EST Thursday = 9-11am Friday. That works for me since I don't work until 130pm on Fridays

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 19 2006, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2006, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 18 2006, 06:16 AM)
Cool goobs.  Any idea of the time slot?

We talked vaguely about possibly Thursdays from 4-6 pm PST, but that could EASILY change. I should know definitively by Wednesday, and then I would start the following week. I wanted to do late afternoon (as opposed to evening) so people on the east coast could hear it too (7-9 pm EST). UK people could also potentially hear it, but it'd be pretty late for them (Midnight - 2 am).

What time would that be in Japan?

7-9pm EST Thursday = 9-11am Friday. That works for me since I don't work until 130pm on Fridays

Cool man! I go into tonight to sit in on a show to get training. *woohoo*

Really fantastic news Goobs.

The internet is revolutionising radio, giving it back to those who love the music...

I'm looking forward very much to listening in (and sending in a request (*) 'from one of our international listeners in the UK' - how cool will that be to say?!)

Disco

(*) The request, mind, is likely to be "Play some proper music you unreconstructed hippy!"

tongue.gif

smile.gif awesome news DJ Gary be sure to post us the link as I probably won't be able to catch the show live. I would love to hear your "radio" voice but make sure that you dont play too much 60's music hey. 2.gif trink39.gif

No doubt - radio is a fun gig. Even more fun if you don't have to follow a format or playlist all the time. The last station I worked at always had crappy music programmers. I would always cringe at most of the music I had to play.....once or twice I even apologized to the listeners for crap that was thrust upon them. Now and then some good stuff would be played though, including Rush.

Ok, so it's confirmed that I'll be playing Thursdays 4-6 PST (5-7 MST, 6-8 CST, 7-9 EST).

My first show will be Thursday, December 28th, and I'd love people to tune in over their computers!

You might want to try the link now to make sure it will work for you when the time comes. Click on http://www.kskq.org/ and then click on "Listen Live". It seems like you can use Real Player, iTunes, WinAmp or Windows Media Player.

I'll be able to track during the show how many listeners are listening, so I hope to see you there! I'll be sure to throw in a Rush track during the show, one that will hopefully be an unexpected choice.

Peace & Love,

Gary (Goober)

Ok, forgive making a second thread about this, but I figured not everyone would catch my Music of the Spheres thread, which will be the more ongoing one where I will add playlists etc.

So for those that don't know, I'll be doing a two-hour weekly radio show at a local community-based radio station on Thursdays from 4-6 PST (7-9 EST) starting this Thursday, December 28th. The details of how to tune in are here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...20entry752430

I hope to get some TRF peeps to check me out, hear the music I'm into (late 60's psychedelic and 70's progressive for the most part) and hear my "not great, but it'll do" radio voice. wink.gif

This radio station for the moment only broadcasts over the internet, but they're working on broadcasting locally in the nearish future over the airwaves as well.

I won't be able to be online while broadcasting, but if people want to talk in the chatroom during my show, feel free and I'll join in soon after the show is over (I live close by to the station).

Send me prayers and/or good vibes. I'm a bit nervous doing my first show! ohmy.gif smile.gif

Peace & Love,

Gary (Goober)

Cool Goobs.....I'll be listening in from way up here at Diavik Diamond Mine....possibly your most northern listener. Don't worry, I'll give you honest feedback on your performance, including constructive criticism and not-so constructive criticism.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm on-the-air right now, and for the rest of the week, 7PM to Midnight EST.

Streaming live at www.PYX106.com. Rush's "Freewill" and "Working Man" are coming up...

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 26 2006, 08:45 PM)
I'm on-the-air right now, and for the rest of the week, 7PM to Midnight EST.

Streaming live at www.PYX106.com. Rush's "Freewill" and "Working Man" are coming up...

laugh.gif The picture of Vinnie is still up for the "who's on" thing.

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 26 2006, 10:15 PM)
The picture of Vinnie is still up for the "who's on" thing.

Wait, Vito is still there? I thought he was gone. By the way, you've got an amazing voice, I can't believe no one's picked you up. And I'm not saying that because I know you, you honestly have a kickass voice.

I'm just the "fill-in" guy so far, so I don't have a bio or picture on the website, alas. Yeah, I noticed they have Vinnie's picture up for "who's on." I'm filling-in for Vinnie all this week; he's filling-in for a vacationing Uncle Vito in the afternoons.

Vito is most definitely still here. Personally, neither my wife nor I "get" him; we can't understand how he's lasted this long on the station. I like to think I'm better than he is, and better than the overnight guy, John Clark, who's a little too "jock-like" in his delivery.

Thanks for your compliments regarding my voice. Hopefully I can turn this part-time and fill-in gig into a full-time slot.

Best,

Mark

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 26 2006, 10:44 PM)
Vito is most definitely still here. Personally, neither my wife nor I "get" him; we can't understand how he's lasted this long on the station. I like to think I'm better than he is, and better than the overnight guy, John Clark, who's a little too "jock-like" in his delivery.

I definitely remember that Vito stopped doing something, and I just assumed that it was the entire station. Must've been just one program or something?

EDIT: Vito's house party. That was it.

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 26 2006, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 26 2006, 10:44 PM)
Vito is most definitely still here.  Personally, neither my wife nor I "get" him; we can't understand how he's lasted this long on the station.  I like to think I'm better than he is, and better than the overnight guy, John Clark, who's a little too "jock-like" in his delivery.

I definitely remember that Vito stopped doing something, and I just assumed that it was the entire station. Must've been just one program or something?

EDIT: Vito's house party. That was it.

Right, "Vito's House Party." That used to air in the evening - only weekend evenings, if I remember correctly. His original "image" was that of an Italian gangster, and he still tries to portray that role... but anyone who's met him in person - perhaps representing the station in the community - would soon discover he's an overweight 50-year-old nerd.

You're young, but perhaps you might remember him from his role on Fox 23 as "Ranger Danger," a northeast forest ranger who introduced the cartoon programs to the kids. Same guy... although he hasn't done that in about ten years or more. I don't get him - can't understand how he's lasted at PYX106 so long. Perhaps it's because he's a "company man" who loves nothing more than promoting the station. (Even his car's license plate is "PYX 106.")