Goober Radio!

rushgoober

There's a local community radio station near where I live that is attempting to raise funds to broadcast over the airwaves from a tower, but in the interim is broadcasting over the internet.

Anyway, I'm gonna start doing a weekly 2-hour show starting in a week and a half or two playing the weirdo music that you always hear me babbling about. I hope some TRF'ers will be able to catch it and check out what I like and hear my not great but it'll do radio voice ( wink.gif ), and I'll be sure to throw in a Rush song in the set.

I'll announce more when I have more concrete info, but for now I just wanted to share this as I'm mega-excited, getting to be a DJ and play WHATEVER I want! *woohoo*

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gif

God help us all.

Don't be fooled people, this is merely the latest in a long line of dirty campaigning tricks in Goobers grubby election debacle.

Beware of subliminal messages inserted in the DJ patter saying VOTE GOOBER....NOW! and only audible when the recordings are slowed down and played backwards yes.gif

Goober, it won't work I tell you. be assured that a copy of your broadcast WILL find its way into the hands of the FBI.....

Seriously, well done mate...sounds exciting. goodpost.gif

this is very cool Goober!!

i would give it a listen without a doubt!!

keep me posted 'eh?

trink39.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 17 2006, 11:21 PM)
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Don't do it Goobs, the sort of people who work on radio are crackpots, nutjobs and social misfits.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Yeah, I kinda picked up on that talking to the weirdos at the station, but I'm fairly weird myself, so I think it'll be ok.

Anyway, I won't be "working". It's not like I'm getting paid for this. no.gif I'm doing it for the pure love of doing it. yes.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 18 2006, 06:16 AM)
Cool goobs. Any idea of the time slot?

We talked vaguely about possibly Thursdays from 4-6 pm PST, but that could EASILY change. I should know definitively by Wednesday, and then I would start the following week. I wanted to do late afternoon (as opposed to evening) so people on the east coast could hear it too (7-9 pm EST). UK people could also potentially hear it, but it'd be pretty late for them (Midnight - 2 am).

What time would that be in Japan?

Careful Goob,

After 1 day of your strange music, they will force you to play Celine Dion and Air Supply non-stop until Clay Aiken and William Hung show up in dresses and do a duet of "She Bangs" !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 18 2006, 08:18 AM)
Careful Goob,
After 1 day of your strange music, they will force you to play Celine Dion and Air Supply non-stop until Clay Aiken and William Hung show up in dresses and do a duet of "She Bangs" !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Somehow, I doubt it. no.gif

No, this station is very open-minded, community based and non-commercial. I think if someone played Air Supply and Celine Dion they'd be politely asked to leave. tongue.gif

I get to be on the radio, too.

Wait... that's been my job all along!

Actually, my "traffic reporter" gig has ended, and I'm looking for full-time work. In the meantime, I'm doing fill-ins for all the local Clear Channel stations. The week between Christmas and New Year's Day, I'm working evenings for a big classic rock station - my "dream job" when I began this career! Woo-hoo!!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2006, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 18 2006, 05:58 PM)
where would I hear this Goobs???

Congrats!!! trink39.gif

Streaming audio from their website:

http://www.kskq.org/

It will likely be a week from Thursday 4-6 PST (7-9 EST), but I'll let people know for sure when that gets confirmed. It's looking highly likely that will be the time slot though.

Awesome news, Goobs!

I wish you well trink39.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Dec 18 2006, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2006, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 18 2006, 05:58 PM)
where would I hear this Goobs???

Congrats!!! trink39.gif

Streaming audio from their website:

http://www.kskq.org/

It will likely be a week from Thursday 4-6 PST (7-9 EST), but I'll let people know for sure when that gets confirmed. It's looking highly likely that will be the time slot though.

Awesome news, Goobs!

I wish you well trink39.gif

... and I can be heard December 26-December 29 (Tuesday thru Friday), 7PM-Midnight eastern time, in streaming audio at www.PYX106.com. I'll be playing Classic Rock artists... including Rush.