What Christmas song are you listening to,

Pags

I never knew we had this thread!

Anyways I am a big time Christmas grouch and way behind schedule already this year. Been working from home the last months stuck on my PC all day so I have all my 20 thousand something tunes on shuffle and #^@%# Christmas music has been coming on all the time so I just deleted all those songs.

True story.

laugh.gif

Not listening to any right now but I am always a sucker for Elvis Christmas music. Growing up that is what my dad always listened to at Christmas time, so now when I hear it, it reminds me of him.

I like Pearl Jam's version of Someday At Christmas.

Nat King Cole-The Christmas Song wub.gif

ETA I love the old crooners and I used to have a cd called Crooners Christmas. I need to find it! I just googled to see if I could just buy it again and the one I am finding now has Clay Aiken on it ohmy.gif the one I had were all the old crooners. I need to find mine!

I love Baby It's Cold Outside when I can find a good version.

Edited by afurrything

The Carpentars Christmas Album....my all-time album length favorite for Christmas...Karen's version of The Christmas Song is the only one to ever come close to Nat King Cole's and the whole album is simply incredible

Any Bing Crosby

Any Nat King Cole

Happy Christmas by John Lennon

Almost any Elvis Christmas song, especially Blue Christmas

Run, Run Rudolph by Chuck Berry

Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney

Please Come Home For Christmas by The Eagles

Father Christmas by The Kinks

Little St. Nick by The Beach Boys

That's a good starter of what I like this time of year.

Guess it's Christmas Song by Jethro Tull...

In our younger days, before the internet, me and my pal would sit there trying to figure out what Ian is saying at the end of the song... I came up with "Ehy Santa, where's the Sabbath away man?" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

the new michael buble christmas album is really good. david foster produced it. i'm sure you guys think the guy is some f**k head that sucks ass no matter what anyone says. it's still good

the james taylor christmas album he put out a bunch of years ago is also very good.

Edited by shail

King Diamond -No Presents For Christmas

This is my favorite Christmas song currently.

Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul - covering a Ramones song titled "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TstKhjNE02U

From Rolling Stone here.

"It's our tribute to the Ramones," Van Zandt tells Rolling Stone. "We're keeping their music alive. We cut it live at a soundcheck in Utrecht, Netherlands, two weeks ago. I needed a third verse so I channeled Joey and wrote what I feel is the third verse he would have written. His brother, Mickey [Leigh], heard the record and gave me his blessing."

From Billboard here.

"Yeah, a couple weeks ago it occurred to me, 'Geez, we should have a video to go with us," Van Zandt tells Billboard about the clip. "I thought, 'Well, we could just record us playing it live at some gig,' but it didn't seem like enough. It didn't seem to be in the spirit of the thing, y'know? You want to have some fun."

Van Zandt and company certainly did that. The video features the Disciples of Soul, cavorting on a Barcelona beach mixed with vintage cartoon and movie footage. "It had to be public domain, because we didn't have time to get any licenses or anything like that. It was like two weeks before Christmas," Van Zandt says. "I was always a big fan of (early silent filmmaker) George Melies, so we found some of his things and a couple of old cartoons and we just picked out the various shots and put 'em together, and it all seemed to fit."

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Kenny Wayne Shepherd, from Merry Axemas 1.

Had to counter that PoS That's What I Call Christmas douchebaggery Mrs. Bear listens to.

• Like 1