Songs you never get tired of hearing

NeilPeartFan2112

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 24 2004, 11:46 AM)
Like a couple of others heere, I can't really think of any I get tired of listening too and I've been listening to practically nothing but Rush since I bought my R30 ticket in March of this year.. 2.gif

Same here man. Rush is almost all I listen to. I just pop in a CD and could listen to it for hours.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 24 2004, 12:01 PM)
Like a couple of others heere, I can't really think of any I get tired of listening too and I've been listening to practically nothing but Rush since I bought my R30 ticket in March of this year.. 2.gif

Same here man. Rush is almost all I listen to. I just pop in a CD and could listen to it for hours.

9 out of 10 discs... 9.5 out of 10 days.... It's 2.gif for me, too.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 24 2004, 12:58 PM)

Hell yeah man!!! Let's start an "All Rush Group." It would be sure to be a hit 1022.gif yes.gif biggrin.gif

Has anybody seen the new internet juke box's...you enter 2.gif and it displays every 2.gif song ............Man this is going to get me in trouble..But then agan if they don"t like to hear 20 2.gif songs in a row they can kishug.gif my hiny... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 24 2004, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 24 2004, 12:58 PM)

Hell yeah man!!! Let's start an "All Rush Group." It would be sure to be a hit 1022.gif yes.gif biggrin.gif

While I'm on the PC, I don't actually play CDs. I've got a hell of lot of Rush stuff (every studio track including Not Fade Away and Can't Fight It) and some bootlegs loaded onto my hard drive and just have them playing on shuffle. At the moment I've got Subdivisions from Hamburg playing.

Not in any particular order:

Xanadu

Circumstances

Animate

Dreamline

Afterimage

Enemy Within

Body Electric

Earthshine

Freeze

Driven

Resist (the acoustic live version)

Time Stand Still

Second Nature

By-Tor/Cygnus/Working Man (off RiR)

Witch Hunt

Limelight

there are probably some more, but I could play a continuous medly of these and not get sick of it. common001.gif

For me its songs that I can listen to repeatedly, over and over again like a lil kid!

Peaceable Kingdom

Cygnus X-1 Book 1

Animate

Middletown Dreams

Losing It

Between The Wheels

Witch Hunt

Lakeside Park

Totem

Bravado

Lock and Key

Ghost Of A Chance

Circumstances

Resist

La Villa

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

The Necromancer

Earthshine - Love that guitar

Virtuality - That song kicks

Natural Science, especially the end

Fly By Night

Bastille Day

La Villa Strangiato

The Camera Eye (my fave off of Moving Pictures)

The Enemy Within

Animate

Stick It Out

Cut To The Chase

Leave That Thing Alone (especially off of Different Stages)

Any and all of Neil's drum solos NeilFinal.gif

I never really can think of any I get tired of hearing, but some that still bring goosebumps after hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of listenings are, for starters:

The Pass

Spirit of Radio

Marathon

Closer to the Heart (live extended jams)

Vital Signs

Mission

The Enemy Within

2112 suite

Natural Science

Test for Echo

Animate

and the list goes on....

NewWorldManRedBarchettaVitalSignsSpiritOfTheRadioFreeWillDigitalManCountdownYYZCeilingUnlimitedCygnusX1TreesClosertotheHeartDistantEarlyWarningFlybyNightGhostRiderEarthshineTheWeaponLeaveThatThingAloneBravadoTheSeekerBigMoney2112ForceTenMarathonManhattanProjectAnalogKidEnemyWithinRedSectorAThePassByTorandtheSnowDogTheFountainOfLambethXanaduAFarewellToKingsJacobsLadderMissionDreamlineCameraEyeHemispheresLaVillaStrangiatoTomSawyerDrivenScarsLimelightResistTestForEchoStickItOutAnimateCutToTheChaseHalfTheWorldWarPaintMysticRhythmsTerritoriesWitcHuntMiddleTownDreamsBodyElectricNaturalScience...

To name a few tongue.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif 1022.gif

There are definitely some which have to go in and out of my usual rotation, and some which I rarely or never listen to. So, I guess it's fair to ask which songs I NEVER get tired of.

Umm.............. Hemispheres, Xanadu, Something for Nothing, Entre Nous, Different Strings, YYZ, Analog Kid, Countdown, Afterimage, Mystic Rhythms, Time Stand Still, Open Secrets, Prime Mover, Available Light, Coldfire, Driven, Vapor Trail, Nocturne, to name a few.

I'm careful not to listen to Rush too much, thus I have yet to get tired of anything in the catalogue... Rush music (or any music for that matter) is like candy: you have to excercise some self-control in order not to stuff yourself and consequently lose the taste for it. wink.gif

QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 30 2004, 02:28 PM)
I'm careful not to listen to Rush too much, thus I have yet to get tired of anything in the catalogue... Rush music (or any music for that matter) is like candy: you have to excercise some self-control in order not to stuff yourself and consequently lose the taste for it. wink.gif

I have listened to nothing but Rush for almost a year now, and I haven't grown tired of it yet. I listen to other stuff here and there, but the main part of it is Rush. It's just so good I can't help myself!!! biggrin.gif

I am glad you said this Proggy! because I was beginning to feel like I was not a real Rush Fan. I get sick of all Rush songs,just out of sheer oversaturation. I could tell you, though , which songs/albums lasted longer than others. Even though I was 16 when Hemispere came out. I listened to it for about a year before it rested. That has been the longest lasting Rush album ever, for me.

QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 30 2004, 11:28 AM)

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Tell you guys the truth, until last week, I hadnt listened to the Grace Under Pressure album all the way through in over half a year. Then just decided to pop it in, and it was every bit as enjoyable as the first time. Dont get me wrong though, I have listened to every single one of their studio albums (and live, and bootleg tongue.gif ) hundreds of times each, but it gets to a point where if you listen to it again, it doesnt retain that same feel it once had. Shelf it for a year or so, and come back and its like a brand new album. Speaking of which, I think it has been that long now since I've thrown on Fly By Night, I think its time will come up soon wink.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 04:03 PM)

I have listened to nothing but Rush for almost a year now, and I haven't grown tired of it yet. I listen to other stuff here and there, but the main part of it is Rush. It's just so good I can't help myself!!! biggrin.gif

Hey, I certainly listened to them pretty much on a loop for the first four or five months, too, after having discovered the band last year! But then, after I had practically gotten the entire Rush catalogue, I slowly started to shift towards the other music in my collection and concentrate on buying music from other artists. And the fun thing is: after having listened to other music, it's always great to come back to Rush and compare the style of playing or the structure of the songs to other bands. It sort of gives the music more of a context.

But I'm not saying you should give up listening to Rush exclusively if you so wish, NPF, it's your choice, my friend, and as long as you enjoy it, good for you! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Your enthusiasm for the band always puts a smile on my face, anyway. biggrin.gif

Archived