Possibly Why Most Chicks Aren't Rush Chicks

petsounds75

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 18 2005, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Feb 10 2005, 12:33 PM)
But what should we call it when a guy gets  in a crappy  mood for no apparent reason?

lack of oral sex?

L.O.S ? so they're at a "LOS"?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 18 2005, 06:12 PM)
But what should we call it when a guy gets  in a crappy  mood for no apparent reason?

lack of oral sex?

I'm sure you could find some cat.gif to grace with your skills.

After all, you're quite the charmer aint ya?

AlienSmiley.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 23 2004, 01:44 AM)
I'm not trying to be a male pig here, but most AMERICAN chicks seem to like a lot of simplistic garbage music that's simply written, memorable and a good hook.  Guys, who give much less of a shit about "keeping up with everyone else" would be more prone to listen to Rush because of the heavy and intelligent feel of it all.  The lyrics are intricate, but understandable, the music is sketchy at times but colorful, very warm and bright. 

Now I've noticed more northern American chicks, those with great sarcastic humor tendencies and intelligence that totally wastes away those...ahem, southern girls who seem to believe any Danielle Steele type trash you throw at them...I do feel that when it comes to the female audience of Rush, it's just much smaller.

your sterotype is mostly correct.

however, this does NOT apply to us. this was totally the wrong place to post this mister, you will get TOLD for it!!

first, yes, there aren't many of us RUSH chicks. but those of us who are, are. a lot of us are those who've connected with the music while going through horrors in our lives you couldn't possibly imagine. that connection is permanent. it helps us to realize who we are & to reach a deeper part of ourselves.

i'm southern. i'm proud of it. i don't read danielle steele or any kinds of romances. it's not my thing. however, my mom does, & if you want to start talking about my mother..it's on, brother.

i love music. it's my heart & soul. i couldn't live without it..it helps me smooth out the rough spots in my life & helps me to become a better person. RUSH has taught me everything..i love their music for its quality & its variety. you can't find that in just any rock band.

RUSH women are rare, intelligent beings who don't appreciate being sterotyped.

now..

hi, welcome to the board. i'm carolynn, i'm 14, i'm straight white & southern, i love RUSH, i play bass guitar, & yes, i am not your stereotypical female.

**edited because i forgot to defend my southern-ness tongue.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 18 2005, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 23 2004, 01:44 AM)
I'm not trying to be a male pig here, but most AMERICAN chicks seem to like a lot of simplistic garbage music that's simply written, memorable and a good hook.  Guys, who give much less of a shit about "keeping up with everyone else" would be more prone to listen to Rush because of the heavy and intelligent feel of it all.  The lyrics are intricate, but understandable, the music is sketchy at times but colorful, very warm and bright. 

Now I've noticed more northern American chicks, those with great sarcastic humor tendencies and intelligence that totally wastes away those...ahem, southern girls who seem to believe any Danielle Steele type trash you throw at them...I do feel that when it comes to the female audience of Rush, it's just much smaller.

your sterotype is mostly correct.

however, this does NOT apply to us. this was totally the wrong place to post this mister, you will get TOLD for it!!

first, yes, there aren't many of us RUSH chicks. but those of us who are, are. a lot of us are those who've connected with the music while going through horrors in our lives you couldn't possibly imagine. that connection is permanent. it helps us to realize who we are & to reach a deeper part of ourselves.

i'm southern. i'm proud of it. i don't read danielle steele or any kinds of romances. it's not my thing. however, my mom does, & if you want to start talking about my mother..it's on, brother.

i love music. it's my heart & soul. i couldn't live without it..it helps me smooth out the rough spots in my life & helps me to become a better person. RUSH has taught me everything..i love their music for its quality & its variety. you can't find that in just any rock band.

RUSH women are rare, intelligent beings who don't appreciate being sterotyped.

now..

hi, welcome to the board. i'm carolynn, i'm 14, i'm straight white & southern, i love RUSH, i play bass guitar, & yes, i am not your stereotypical female.

**edited because i forgot to defend my southern-ness tongue.gif

Lol, I believe this guy was told my most every female on this board after that comment tongue.gif

QUOTE (debe @ Feb 18 2005, 08:25 PM)

lack of oral sex?

When my husband gets this way, we call it SRH-

Sperm Retention Headache....

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Feb 19 2005, 10:55 AM)

lack of oral sex?

tongue.gif

This is a classic!!! Thats hilarious rofl3.gif do you mind if I "steal" that from you? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MagicWand @ Feb 21 2005, 09:56 PM)

lack of oral sex?

tongue.gif

This is a classic!!! Thats hilarious rofl3.gif do you mind if I "steal" that from you? biggrin.gif

Steal away!

It's pretty useful. He gets lots of sympathy for that one, and the treatment is obvious...

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Feb 21 2005, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (MagicWand @ Feb 21 2005, 09:56 PM)

lack of oral sex?

tongue.gif

Steal away!

It's pretty useful. He gets lots of sympathy for that one, and the treatment is obvious...

Thanks I already wrote it down so I wont forget it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

lack of oral sex?

tongue.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif OMG!!!

Classic!

QUOTE (hilda @ Nov 23 2004, 12:05 PM)
I am with ghostgirl . By the way gg love all your pictures from tour. I have been with rush since i was 12 and it all has to do with growing up in a musical family. We appreciate the wonderful quality of the sound, performance,and lyrics. They are what jazz use to be, everyone jammin to their own tune and it all blends together perfectly and improving the sound even more. And i do belive that we are a very interesting and intelligent group and have always been at the rush concerts. You men just didn't realize it until us chicks could come together on line and then together at concerts. We have always been there it is the computer age that brought us all together.

look back and bask in the memories. hilda we love you !

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 24 2004, 03:55 PM)
Jesus. To get a girl on your case is a bad move, but to insight a mob of women is just plain suicidal.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That sentence is probably one of the single wisest things I've read on this board, or any forum for that matter.

Archived