Possibly Why Most Chicks Aren't Rush Chicks

petsounds75

Let's face facts, folks. When it comes to innovative music, food for thought type stuff that is more complex than some skinny chick singing "put up a parking lot", that seems to be more of a male oriented type of thing. It's lyrics that describe building, science, fantasy, strange territory.

I'm not trying to be a male pig here, but most AMERICAN chicks seem to like a lot of simplistic garbage music that's simply written, memorable and a good hook. Guys, who give much less of a shit about "keeping up with everyone else" would be more prone to listen to Rush because of the heavy and intelligent feel of it all. The lyrics are intricate, but understandable, the music is sketchy at times but colorful, very warm and bright.

Now I've noticed more northern American chicks, those with great sarcastic humor tendencies and intelligence that totally wastes away those...ahem, southern girls who seem to believe any Danielle Steele type trash you throw at them...I do feel that when it comes to the female audience of Rush, it's just much smaller.

You're not going to find a bunch of fake ruff-n-tuff guys with the intelligence of a brick at a Rush show, you just aren't. Save that for the Toby Keith audience. What you're going to find is usually intelligent, sometimes not the most physically appearance guys there with the occasional pothead lurking around, waiting for some 2112 and Tom Sawyer.

Most chicks I know personally like things pre-packaged, sugar coated and sold for much more than it's worth. Rush is definetly not of that calibre. They're real meat and potatoes, colorful and all in their wonderful images and interesting subject matter. You're not going to find that at Top 40 type audiences or country music audiences. It's just simple fact...in my mind. I COULD BE WRONG...but that's how it seems.

Now if I could just find a beautiful snow bunny Canadian girl to shoot the breeze with intelligent conversation and get my freak on with. Oh well, can't have everything. bumper.gif

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is what you get when you generalize. No love from Canadian 'bunnies.' confused13.gif

Geez dude. Ever hear of writing to your audience? I *think* I get your point, but its sort of lost given you've just told me I must believe everything Danielle Steele writes cos I live in the south. waffen093.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 23 2004, 12:44 AM)
Let's face facts, folks. When it comes to innovative music, food for thought type stuff that is more complex than some skinny chick singing "put up a parking lot", that seems to be more of a male oriented type of thing. It's lyrics that describe building, science, fantasy, strange territory.

I'm not trying to be a male pig here, but most AMERICAN chicks seem to like a lot of simplistic garbage music that's simply written, memorable and a good hook. Guys, who give much less of a shit about "keeping up with everyone else" would be more prone to listen to Rush because of the heavy and intelligent feel of it all. The lyrics are intricate, but understandable, the music is sketchy at times but colorful, very warm and bright.

Now I've noticed more northern American chicks, those with great sarcastic humor tendencies and intelligence that totally wastes away those...ahem, southern girls who seem to believe any Danielle Steele type trash you throw at them...I do feel that when it comes to the female audience of Rush, it's just much smaller.

You're not going to find a bunch of fake ruff-n-tuff guys with the intelligence of a brick at a Rush show, you just aren't. Save that for the Toby Keith audience. What you're going to find is usually intelligent, sometimes not the most physically appearance guys there with the occasional pothead lurking around, waiting for some 2112 and Tom Sawyer.

Most chicks I know personally like things pre-packaged, sugar coated and sold for much more than it's worth. Rush is definetly not of that calibre. They're real meat and potatoes, colorful and all in their wonderful images and interesting subject matter. You're not going to find that at Top 40 type audiences or country music audiences. It's just simple fact...in my mind. I COULD BE WRONG...but that's how it seems.

Now if I could just find a beautiful snow bunny Canadian girl to shoot the breeze with intelligent conversation and get my freak on with. Oh well, can't have everything. bumper.gif

Wow...quite an interesting take on the small but important female Rush fan phenomenon. I'll certainly go along with your ideas about Rush's music appealing to a more intelligent, thoughtful group of people, who like it "because of the heavy and intelligent feel of it all. The lyrics are intricate, but understandable, the music is sketchy at times but colorful, very warm and bright" to quote you, if I might.

Most country music makes me sick. Plain and simple. It's boring, formulaic and barely even melodic. Toby Keith is disgusting, and is a prime example of what I dislike most about "country" music. And I feel even more strongly about bubblegum pop/hip hop.

Indulge me as I quote you once more: "Most chicks I know personally like things pre-packaged, sugar coated and sold for much more than it's worth." That's unfortunate. I'm a "chick" and I like things that are honest, real and worth something.

Listening to Rush has changed my life. The music and the lyrics touch me deeply, and have inspired and challenged me. Yes, I am female. Yes, I actually have a college degree! I like intelligent music!

And.....

I'm from Alabama, born and raised. So WATCH OUT with saying us southern gals are less intelligent or lack a sharp wit. We don't take kindly to that! tongue.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 23 2004, 01:44 AM)

Let's see..

1. Neil sucks and is getting old

2. Males are generally smarter and more enlightened than *chicks*?? chickendance.gif??

3 especially southern chickendance.gif

4. you can't get laid??

WOW that's incredible...

I am with ghostgirl . By the way gg love all your pictures from tour. I have been with rush since i was 12 and it all has to do with growing up in a musical family. We appreciate the wonderful quality of the sound, performance,and lyrics. They are what jazz use to be, everyone jammin to their own tune and it all blends together perfectly and improving the sound even more. And i do belive that we are a very interesting and intelligent group and have always been at the rush concerts. You men just didn't realize it until us chicks could come together on line and then together at concerts. We have always been there it is the computer age that brought us all together.

....I'm not trying to be a male pig here...

Well, you succeeded.

And watch the disparaging remarks on the Southern women. Not that they need me to defend them, but I love Southern gals, in fact, both me and my brother each married one.

Now, behave yourself, else I'll hafta let one of them kick your @ss! biggrin.gif

Wow what a post there PetSounds. You must not know to many woman who love Rush do ya? We are a rare but important. Its not any differant for a guy who loves Rush than a woman. Sure I love sugar coated candy, YUM. I will get a bunch in my Christmas stocking! Oh and FYI, never read a Danielle Stelle novel, I am more of a Clive Barker fan.

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 23 2004, 06:18 PM)

Well, you succeeded.

And watch the disparaging remarks on the Southern women. Not that they need me to defend them, but I love Southern gals, in fact, both me and my brother each married one.

Now, behave yourself, else I'll hafta let one of them kick your @ss! biggrin.gif

Nowt wrong with southern girls......um......even if they're mid-west born.

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Way to go Trance.

btw. Rush 'chicks' are unique simple because Rush are unique. As Rush is an example of rock music at it's best, then Rush Chicks are an example of women at their best. Well..........mostly.......... laugh.gif

Yeah, um...like, i'm a "chick" and what i LOVE is music that has the whole sci-fi, fantasy, sets a picture in your mind and builds, deep kind of music. But thats just me. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 23 2004, 01:18 PM)

Well, you succeeded.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

Archived