Possibly Why Most Chicks Aren't Rush Chicks

petsounds75

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Nov 28 2004, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 28 2004, 09:50 AM)
...but wierdly I was singing to my daughter (2 years) the other day and she told me to Shhh when I got singing Rush - maybe there is an inate Rush resistor gene being passed down on the female side.

My four year old daughter asked for a Rush nightgown last night.....guess the sewing machine will have to be pulled out again....

laugh.gif cool!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 28 2004, 03:07 PM)
The clip of your daughter dancing is all working at this end, and it's very very sweet. heart.gif

Um, ladies, how long do you leave it before mentioning to dates / menfolk that you like Rush?

Are there any signs (other than wearing Rush t-shirts and the like) that men give out which make you think it's OK, I can tell him?

Love to everybody

Disco

Well considering I met my fiance on a Rush message board, I guess the cat is out of the bag.

rofl3.gif

Verry cute video.

Also, as far as letting menfolk know about Rushlove, whenever I get a little bit intoxicated I lose all my "Rush-to-Real-World" filters...so I guess if we went out for drinks, he'd probably find out allll about it.

A local bar played all of 2112 a few weeks ago late one Friday and I made a full-out FOOL of myself. tongue.gif But I also made a few new Rush buddies.

My husband and I were friends for years before we ever dated, so the Rush thing was always one of those little idiosyncracies about me that he thought was funny.

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 28 2004, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 28 2004, 03:07 PM)
The clip of your daughter dancing is all working at this end, and it's very very sweet. heart.gif

Um, ladies, how long do you leave it before mentioning to dates / menfolk that you like Rush?

Are there any signs (other than wearing Rush t-shirts and the like) that men give out which make you think it's OK, I can tell him?

Love to everybody

Disco

Well considering I met my fiance on a Rush message board, I guess the cat is out of the bag.

rofl3.gif

You could say that...

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Folks...I sincerely didn't mean that women weren't below us guys in any way, especially when it comes to intelligence and thought. You do have to respect something that puts up with so many more self maintenance things and at the same time looked at many times as someone who's below most guys. I think any guy that treats a female like a second class citizen is a total piece of junk who probably has some relationship or mommy-issues.

I wasn't pointing at the fact that Rush music is totally guy music. What I meant was...and I think it came out completely wrong, is that I'm saying that I WISH given the insight and intelligence that women display on so many occasions in everyday life that I'm surprised that many of them aren't into Rush and a good chunk of them seem attracted moreso than guys to pre-packaged user-friendly topical junk music. It perplexes me more than anything.

Maybe so much so that when I word it out and hoping it will be taken as nothing but pure bullshit but something to tinker with...which obviously that has happened...16 pages, my god...so yeah, it does perplex me some.

As for someone on here, I can't remember who, has a picture of Chris Squire in a lineup of pics of Neil, The Edge and David Gilmour. This person seems to post A LOT! Whoever is seeing her is one super lucky guy!

As for differenciating from Southern women versus Canadian "snow bunnies" that was just me getting diarreah of the mouth (typed words). I CLEARLY know that not EVERY woman in the South is a country music listening moron who watches the Bachelor religiously and has the insight of a rock. There's morons and smart people and just regular middle of the road people. Some like Rush, some don't know what Rush is...and others think it's an old Paula Abdul song.

And most of all, I'm probably just sticking my toe in the water. Don't take me too personally. I honestly do not think that generalizations are correct at all, but sometimes they are funny. And what's sickening is people would actually take me that seriously. moon.gif

Hey, Pet. Good post. I understand you better now. I am sorry for what I said. I feel bad, and I hope you accept my apologies. I think the girl you are talking about is our GhostGirl, and ye, she is awesome. This whole board is a wonderful group of people, and for the most part, we all get along, and are here for each other. Welcome to the family. I think when you said that this perplexes you, was a good sentence, not gonna quote you exactly, cause I am tired, and need to get to bed, but can't really sleep. blah blah blah... laugh.gif Its just that, for being one of your first posts, what were we to expect? We don't know you, and so therefor thought you were being serious. You do have my apologies for my attitude toward you earlier in this thread. Here, lemme buy you a drink... trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 29 2004, 01:52 AM)
You do have to respect something that puts up with so many more self maintenance things and at the same time looked at many times as someone who's below most guys.

Er yeah, better post this time. Except when you called women 'things.'

It may be best just to let this thread take its course and not comment again! laugh.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 29 2004, 08:04 AM)
You do have to respect something that puts up with so many more self maintenance things and at the same time looked at many times as someone who's below most guys. 

Er yeah, better post this time. Except when you called women 'things.'

It may be best just to let this thread take its course and not comment again! laugh.gif

Ok, I won't comment again, or bump this dang thread............ oops! doh.gif

biggrin.gif

Umm............. I didn't use the word "things", but if they are, they are among life's finest "things". laugh.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Nov 29 2004, 02:52 AM)
Folks...I sincerely didn't mean that women weren't below us guys in any way, especially when it comes to intelligence and thought.  You do have to respect something that puts up with so many more self maintenance things and at the same time looked at many times as someone who's below most guys.  I think any guy that treats a female like a second class citizen is a total piece of junk who probably has some relationship or mommy-issues.

I wasn't pointing at the fact that Rush music is totally guy music.  What I meant was...and I think it came out completely wrong, is that I'm saying that I WISH given the insight and intelligence that women display on so many occasions in everyday life that I'm surprised that many of them aren't into Rush and a good chunk of them seem attracted moreso than guys to pre-packaged user-friendly topical junk music.  It perplexes me more than anything. 

Maybe so much so that when I word it out and hoping it will be taken as nothing but pure bullshit but something to tinker with...which obviously that has happened...16 pages, my god...so yeah, it does perplex me some. 

As for someone on here, I can't remember who, has a picture of Chris Squire in a lineup of pics of Neil, The Edge and David Gilmour. This person seems to post A LOT!  Whoever is seeing her is one super lucky guy! 

As for differenciating from Southern women versus Canadian "snow bunnies" that was just me getting diarreah of the mouth (typed words).  I CLEARLY know that not EVERY woman in the South is a country music listening moron who watches the Bachelor religiously and has the insight of a rock.  There's morons and smart people and just regular middle of the road people.  Some like Rush, some don't know what Rush is...and others think it's an old Paula Abdul song.

And most of all, I'm probably just sticking my toe in the water.  Don't take me too personally.  I honestly do not think that generalizations are correct at all, but sometimes they are funny.  And what's sickening is people would actually take me that seriously.  moon.gif

Hey! Don't sweat it too much. You certainly got a good discussion going! laugh.gif

Yes, as AGP pointed out, you're referring to our own admin, GhostGirl, who certainly posts a lot, and all of it quality. yes.gif

Welcome to the party, pal. Consider the comments in this thread your rites of passage, baptism of fire, what have you.... biggrin.gif

Self maintenance things...meaning THINGS of self maintenance. THINGS such as shaving, make up, etc.

Women as "things" you say? Either I have to work on my grammer skills or people like to twist things into their own personal mini-crusade.

Is it me or do people purposely look for things written by certain people with an automatic assumption of what the subject matter entails? In short...do people look for things on purpose to bitch about?

Christ, folks, my apologies!

Should have known better. Thought I'd have more people such as Rush fans who'd see things differently and more of an insightful viewpoint than just "AAAAHHH! I am going to dissect everything you say and turn it into something what I think you're saying instead of what you think you're saying" mindset.

Guess I was wrong. oops.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 29 2004, 02:06 AM)
I think the girl you are talking about is our GhostGirl, and ye, she is awesome.  This whole board is a wonderful group of people, and for the most part, we all get along, and are here for each other. 

Awww, AGP!!! So sweet of you. Thanks for our chat earlier. smile.gif

As for someone on here, I can't remember who, has a picture of Chris Squire in a lineup of pics of Neil, The Edge and David Gilmour. This person seems to post A LOT!  Whoever is seeing her is one super lucky guy! 

Well, thanks for noticing. smile.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 29 2004, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 12:34 AM)
Dang. Why's this thread have to go gettin' all sweet?

Ok Riv. 19.gif upyours.gif moon.gif

Better? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Much 19.gif

Chicks shouldn't like Rush

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 29 2004, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 29 2004, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 12:34 AM)
Dang. Why's this thread have to go gettin' all sweet?

Ok Riv. 19.gif upyours.gif moon.gif

Better? icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Much 19.gif

Chicks shouldn't like Rush

rofl3.gif

Nice try, Riv.

nasty.gif

never mind petsounds. He's a good guy. He talks without a filter from his brain to his mouth and things come out wrong. But he's mine, all mine. Talks a big talk but he knows whos boss.

this is my first post by the way. He got me into Rush last year with different stages and i've been hooked.

Really cool website.

QUOTE (petgirlie @ Nov 30 2004, 02:35 AM)
never mind petsounds.  He's a good guy.  He talks without a filter from his brain to his mouth and things come out wrong.  But he's mine, all mine.  Talks a big talk but he knows whos boss.

this is my first post by the way.  He got me into Rush last year with different stages and i've been hooked. 

Really cool website.

HA!! rofl3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/owned8.gif

Welcome to the board, petgirlie!

QUOTE (petgirlie @ Nov 30 2004, 03:35 AM)
never mind petsounds. He's a good guy. He talks without a filter from his brain to his mouth and things come out wrong. But he's mine, all mine. Talks a big talk but he knows whos boss.

this is my first post by the way. He got me into Rush last year with different stages and i've been hooked.

Really cool website.

bekloppt.gif welcome!!!

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Nov 30 2004, 07:02 AM)
I'll keep my mouth shut in this thread so as not to ruffle any more feathers.

Don't you dare!

GIRL POWER!!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

tongue.gif

Archived