Michael "Kramer" Richards' racist meltdown

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that the black hecklers were baiting Richards, calling him a "cracker." Dunno if it's true.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 20 2006, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 20 2006, 04:59 PM)
'Never speak to me again' meant precisely that.

Aw shucks, I may cry. sarcasm.gif

rofl3.gif

Look, here's the deal.

You saw fit to insult me over something I hold to be very nearly sacred in the political forum. I really, REALLY wanted to go off on you, but I didn't. My telling you to never speak to me again was my way of taking the high road because that's what I try to do as often as I can.

Now you come in here and try talking to me like nothing ever happened. Well, I'm not going to let you do that. As far as I am concerned, you are persona non grata and if you were to leave this board it would be the better for it. We're done, that's it, expect no more responses from me. If you respond to any more of my posts, those responses will be ignored.

*sniff sniff*

I'm gonna miss that closeness we once shared.

eyesre4.gif

Well I'm really shocked at this behavior from Mr. Richards. I wonder if maybe he was under the influcence of some type of drug, maybe he was drunk, or maybe, as JohnnyBlaze said he is truly racist and this was the first time he's used such racial slurs in public. That's sad to see him behave like that. I will, however, continue to watch Seinfeld. Michael Richards' behavior in real life will not detract the comedic genius he displays so well on 'Seinfeld'.

Although I totally disagree with what Richards said and I am disapointed in it. I here the same thing or worse from the garbage rapp music that is played theses days. I for one will watch Seinfeld as I am at this moment laugh.gif . Plus if you boycott the show then your boycotting the whole cast and that in itself is wrong. You can't judge a person on one bad desicion we all make mistakes and this is no different. We are human, there isn't a person here who at some point or another in there life hasn't felt some type of racism inside of them regardless of if that is really how they feel deep down inside. So I for one will continue to watch the show. trink39.gif

It's sad to see that someone who made me smile has now made me sick. Although Richards, as an American, has the right to say what he pleases, it is immoral to degrade our fellow citizens with names and violence.

Racism is just xenophobia by a different name. All it is is fear.

Even if he was being heckled by a couple of knitwits, that's no excuse not to be professional. He could easily have stopped the show and ask that they be removed.

Try as they might, they can not steal your dreams.

That apology looks lame after seeing his tirade, if he'd said something once that would be bad enough, but he kept it up for about 3 minutes. He had plenty of time to realise what he was doing, he just revealed his true self up there. he's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked...

To top it off his act looked crap, I think that heckler was mostly right when he said: ..."you're a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies, Seinfeld that's it..." and he had no answer to it either...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 21 2006, 02:02 AM)

how fast does it take to ruin a career?  apparently 3 minutes...  eh.gif

I don't think he had much of a career since Seinfield.

Does anyone remember Richards on the ABC SNL wannabe "Fridays"? Pre Kramer very funny! Racism is ugly and he was foolish to respond this way (ignorant) but I don't care much for people yelling at a comedian that he sucks and jeering him while other audience members payed to listen to the act on stage not some idiot in the crowd voicing there personal opinions to get attention. Richards was wrong and stupid and will now find it harder to get back in the limelight. But like I said to a lesser degree so where the ones razzing him were wrong.(If that's what happened to set him off , no excuse for this behavior regardless even if that is the case) dazed025.gif no.gif angry.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 21 2006, 10:42 AM)
Well I'm really shocked at this behavior from Mr. Richards. I wonder if maybe he was under the influcence of some type of drug, maybe he was drunk, or maybe, as JohnnyBlaze said he is truly racist and this was the first time he's used such racial slurs in public. That's sad to see him behave like that. I will, however, continue to watch Seinfeld. Michael Richards' behavior in real life will not detract the comedic genius he displays so well on 'Seinfeld'.

I didn't say that he was "truly racist". My entire post was nothing but "maybe's". But MAYBE he is what you said I didn't say. (follow that?). confused13.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 21 2006, 01:46 AM)

how fast does it take to ruin a career?  apparently 3 minutes...  eh.gif

I don't think he had much of a career since Seinfield.

Does anyone remember Richards on the ABC SNL wannabe "Fridays"? Pre Kramer very funny! Racism is ugly and he was foolish to respond this way (ignorant) but I don't care much for people yelling at a comedian that he sucks and jeering him while other audience members payed to listen to the act on stage not some idiot in the crowd voicing there personal opinions to get attention. Richards was wrong and stupid and will now find it harder to get back in the limelight. But like I said to a lesser degree so where the ones razzing him were wrong.(If that's what happened to set him off , no excuse for this behavior regardless even if that is the case) dazed025.gif no.gif angry.gif

I agree that heckling might not be cool, but that goes along with comedy acts. I think every comedian endures heckling at some point in their career or another, and it's how they handle it that allows them to turn it into a positive or show how lame a comedian they really are that probably brought on the heckling in the first place.

I don't think heckling though can be compared to or in any way justifies what he did, and mind you, I'm not saying you think it did justify it, because clearly you're not. I'm just saying that while heckling might not be cool, but what Richards did was pretty horrible.

Yeah, he might not have had much of a career at present (although God knows the guy can't be hurting financially with all the money he's made and continues to make from Sienfeld), but this is certainly going to make it extremely difficult, if not impossible for him to revive his career in the future.

You know, I think there actually is a positive thing we can take from this situation.

Look at the enormous backlash against Mel Gibson for his tirade, and against Michael Richards for his. One could use it as examples of how far we've come as a country towards intolerance against prejudice and racism. The fact that this kind of talk and behavior is so abhorred shows that we've become a more tolerant and accepting nation, especially when compared to the not too distant past.

We still have a tremdously long way to go, but at least it's indicative of progress. Mind you, I'd rather neither event had happened, but sometimes you can most easily see the positive by contrasting it with the negative.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 21 2006, 11:49 AM)
You know, I think there actually is a positive thing we can take from this situation.

Look at the enormous backlash against Mel Gibson for his tirade, and against Michael Richards for his. One could use it as examples of how far we've come as a country towards intolerance against prejudice and racism. The fact that this kind of talk and behavior is so abhorred shows that we've become a more tolerant and accepting nation, especially when compared to the not too distant past.

We still have a tremdously long way to go, but at least it's indicative of progress. Mind you, I'd rather neither event had happened, but sometimes you can most easily see the positive by contrasting it with the negative.

Thats a very good point.

i watched the apology which was kind of sad, but i did not watch the incident itself, nor i doubt will i. reading it was bad enough, i don't need to see it too.

how fast does it take to ruin a career? apparently 3 minutes... eh.gif

Its was bad enough to read it but I finally saw the video last night and its so much worse to see on film. Really hateful.

Maybe he should go to the hecklers Job and heckle HIM

while hes workin, See how he likes it wink.gif