Wii thread

Slime

QUOTE (Slime @ Nov 24 2006, 03:06 PM)
I just played Wii sports last night. It is so much fun! Five games plus a fitness mode are the perfect pack-in and would make for a great party game. The motion sensing Wii-mote is used heavily in all five games (boxing, baseball, bowling, golf and tennis) to great effect. With two Wii-mote controllers (with nunchuk attachment of course), the whole family can have a great time smile.gif.

When we were filming for an English project (I was Neil laugh.gif) I got to play a round of Tennis and Bowling.

I'm really good at bowling, but Tennis..... I let go of the wii-mote, and hit the guy next to me, he still has the bruise.

Saw the graphics on Zelda, and there AMAZING!

I might get one for christmas now. My mom said "We'll see, theres no guarantees".

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got one today. Waited a few hours, but everyone I have ever talked to say it is very worth it. Also picked up Zelda. I'm trying to determine what other games I should get. Right now, the console and the extra controllers are hard to come by, so I got another Wii-mote and nunchuck and one classic controller the same time I bought the console and extended warranty. All of that pushed the purchase up another $200.

I'm off to go hook it up. Maybe do some fishing in Hyrule.

I didn't know anyone on this site played video games... Blah... I won't have a Wii 'til next month. My little brother should be getting one for his birthday.... and it's gonna be pretty great.

Resident Evil:UC for this system is looking very cool... Let's hope RE5 is released on the Wii, too... oh, and for anyone looking for a new game to play on your Wii (already beaten Twilight Princess, maybe?), check out the Dragon Ball Z fighting game. I don't remember the full title, but it's incredibly fun. It'll certainly help if you're an old fan of the show, but... there's just something about stabbing the controller forward and unleashing a giant energy ball on your best friends poor, defenseless character that just... should appeal to anyone.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 22 2007, 05:21 PM)
I didn't know anyone on this site played video games...

I do, to my eternal shame laugh.gif

I've got a 360 as well and have just got on Xbox Live, which is brilliant. A couple of my friends have also just persuaded me to dip my toe into the World of Warcraft, so I can see my life falling away down that particular slippery slope as well... laugh.gif

Got a Wii on the 28th, and got Zelda on New Years.

Its all I expected it to be, super special awesome.

Wii sports is fun just by itself, and kept me entertained for more than the 3 or 4 days until I got Zelda.

Zelda is amazing, and I'm majorly addicted to it. I'm on the Castle in the Sky as we speak. The graphics are amazing, and Hyrule is BIG! And all the maps were done with care (well, maybe Snowpeak was a bit of a waste of all that space, but). It provides challenging gameplay, and some stuff that took me a while to figure out, but wasnt that "ARGH, I Hate THIS GAME" hard, though all the bosses are a little easy.

I'm still debating on what to get next, for Easter. One friend said I should try DBZ (which I used to watch, and was addicted to it), and said that Red Steel wasnt that good, but another friend said that Red Steel rocks and that DBZ isnt too good.

I also cant wait for Brawl, because it will most likely own.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Jan 23 2007, 04:21 PM)
One friend said I should try DBZ (which I used to watch, and was addicted to it), and said that Red Steel wasnt that good, but another friend said that Red Steel rocks and that DBZ isnt too good.

Must admit it's better than I thought it would be after reading the reviews. Maybe that's because I went into it with low expectations. The graphics aren't great, the controls can be a bit twitchy and it can be a bit frustrating, but I've still enjoyed what I've played of it. The sword fights can be great fun.

I'd say that it shows a lot of potential for what could come in the future smile.gif

Metroid is the one I'm really looking forward to.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jan 26 2007, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Jan 23 2007, 04:21 PM)
One friend said I should try DBZ (which I used to watch, and was addicted to it), and said that Red Steel wasnt that good, but another friend said that Red Steel rocks and that DBZ isnt too good.

Must admit it's better than I thought it would be after reading the reviews. Maybe that's because I went into it with low expectations. The graphics aren't great, the controls can be a bit twitchy and it can be a bit frustrating, but I've still enjoyed what I've played of it. The sword fights can be great fun.

I'd say that it shows a lot of potential for what could come in the future smile.gif

Metroid is the one I'm really looking forward to.

Yeah, i want that Metroid game so bad.

I have Metriod Prime and Echoes for gamecube.

And this will tie up all the lose ends i hope

But it looks good from what i've seen.

Will Wii have WiFi?

That would be killer with Metroid. I could own kids from other countries in the comfort of my own home.

Oh, and does anyone know how to beat Ganon in TP? I'm completely stuck. Ive shot the arrows at his head, made him turn over, slash his belly and all that, then I turn into a Wolf, but I have no idea what to do after that...

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Feb 3 2007, 01:17 PM)
Can you use the internet with the wii?? wacko.gif

Yeah, there's an internet channel and a news channel. You can also use the Wi-Fi to send people Miis and download classic games for the Virtual Console. I can't wait for Metroid and other games to utilize Wi-Fi shit for actual gameplay.

Archived