What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Wolfenstein: The New Order.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Steel_rat/Nestalgia_title.png

This is the game that's taken over my life for the last three years (Click the above image!). My avatar on TRF has been my NEStalgia character for a couple years now. It just made it onto steam a couple weeks ago, and for $15, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a mix between a NES RPG (Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy) and an MMO, taking many of the elements of WoW and bringing them back to the 80's; Rare gear, quests, dungeons, bosses, auction house, open PvP (or not, if you prefer), and more. It's every bit as addicting as you think it is.

If you want to play with me, you'll find me on the Zenithia server. :) It's a free demo up to level 10, you simply need to try it.

Cool, another MMO for me to get addicted to, henceforth, dedicate scattered time to shared between others MMOs I'm playing, and finally in consequence, be totally mediocre and irrelevant within the community! :)

I've once again abandoned all the other games I've been playing for Skyrim. The Voice keeps on calling me back.

Shadow Warrior. It plays like an old school shooter, has the dialog of an 80s action movie and it looks beautiful. I can't stop laughing at the one liners.

I just got CoD Ghosts but I feel like I may be done with it after 2 hours. It's just not very entertaining or good.

Currently doing a replay of the first Borderlands. Still love this game.

Afterwards probably some XCOM: Enemy Unknown and after I get around to putting in the new CPU cooler I'm gonna start Watch Dogs.

I started playing Bioshock Infinite...then stopped because the gameplay is just a dumbed down version of Bioshock...which is a dumbed down version of the classic System Shock 2. I'm almost always indoors so it becomes irrelevant that the setting is a flying city and vigors are underutilized so I always just whip out my shotgun and run through each encounter. It's too bad the gameplay and level design are so lame because the setting is actually really cool.

So now I'm playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It's more of Far Cry 3 but on steroids and absolutely hilarious for those that grew up on 80s action movies.

Picked up XCOM: Enemy Unknown for 10 bucks on the Steam summer sale and finally got around to playing it a couple days ago.

THIS GAME IS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

After I get bored of this one I think I'll hit up the HD remasters of Final Fantasy X and X-2. There hasn't been a day where I couldn't go for some FFX action.

I've been playing Ultra Street Fighter IV and Skullgirls for the last month or so. I've wanted to learn fighting games properly for some time. Finally got around to it.

Picked up XCOM: Enemy Unknown for 10 bucks on the Steam summer sale and finally got around to playing it a couple days ago.

After I get bored of this one I think I'll hit up the HD remasters of Final Fantasy X and X-2. There hasn't been a day where I couldn't go for some FFX action.

I just decided that I was going to quit trying to play through FFX. It is too slow and boring, and the story isn't doing it for me. I quit about 10 hours in. There's just too many games out there for me to sink 60 hours into this. I also quit it after the first blitzball game around the time the game came out for similar reasons. Gonna try Last of Us next, I think.

Oh, and I got XCOM free on PS+ but haven't played it yet.

I've been playing Ultra Street Fighter IV and Skullgirls for the last month or so. I've wanted to learn fighting games properly for some time. Finally got around to it.

Skullgirls was another free game from PS+ that I haven't tried yet. I love the free games with PS+, but it just increases my backlog of games :D

I just decided that I was going to quit trying to play through FFX. It is too slow and boring, and the story isn't doing it for me. I quit about 10 hours in. There's just too many games out there for me to sink 60 hours into this. I also quit it after the first blitzball game around the time the game came out for similar reasons. Gonna try Last of Us next, I think.

Oh, and I got XCOM free on PS+ but haven't played it yet.

Last Of Us is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played.

For the last month I've mostly been playing Warframe.

Occasionally I'll hop on League of Legends. I've got a backlog of games I need to play/replay, I think I'll check back into Rust and see how the gamedev is going since I last played it, and I also need to play Far Cry 3 at some point.

Just finished a full play through of Red Dead Redemption last week, my second time through that game. It had been a while, a few years at least. Now going through LA Noire again, about halfway through that. I love the Rockstar games obviously. Prior to redoing Red Dead I got some achievements for GTA 5 and have been going sporadically on Gotham City Imposters for some get in, get out multiplayer silliness. Looking forward to the next Batman Arkham game.
  • Like 1

Just finished a full play through of Red Dead Redemption last week, my second time through that game. It had been a while, a few years at least. Now going through LA Noire again, about halfway through that. I love the Rockstar games obviously. Prior to redoing Red Dead I got some achievements for GTA 5 and have been going sporadically on Gotham City Imposters for some get in, get out multiplayer silliness. Looking forward to the next Batman Arkham game.

Oh man it has been ages since I played Red Dead. I never finished it because about 4-6 hours into the game I had a glitch where it was impossible to complete the mission I was on (I had to push a minecart with a minigun out of the mines) but no matter what I did, whenever I pushed the minecart Marston would just jump on the thing and slide all the way back to the start. It was some weird glitch with my save file and there was no way in hell I was restarting.

• Like 1

Oh man it has been ages since I played Red Dead. I never finished it because about 4-6 hours into the game I had a glitch where it was impossible to complete the mission I was on (I had to push a minecart with a minigun out of the mines) but no matter what I did, whenever I pushed the minecart Marston would just jump on the thing and slide all the way back to the start. It was some weird glitch with my save file and there was no way in hell I was restarting.

I haven't played RDR in maybe 2 years but I loved that game! My fiance and I would mostly play the Texas Holdem section for hours, no lie. I never did get tired of "THESE CARDS ARE STICKY!" or the classic "THAT MOUNTAIN LION, DOWN BY THE RIVER.." lines haha. Much better than the horse shoes mini game at least. And those in-game comedy movies are hilarious even if there are only 2 of them.

I have The Witcher 2 installed on my XBOX from about a year ago however believe it or not I've never played it once. I have the night off and might finally get around to checking it out, I heard it's pretty good.

Okay first impressions on Witcher 2:

Bad stuff-

1) Being used to Dark Souls 1 & 2, the movement / camera was a bit weird to get used to. Not bad, just not as good as those games.

2) They hit you with a LOT of information in the tutorial. I was still trying to get used to the controls as they're telling me how to use the 3rd sign to take control of a gremlin and have him attack another enemy. Yikes.

3) I hate HATE the way you search / pick up loot in this game. It's terrible. Even if you're right on top of a bag on the ground (their icon for loot, for the most part) you have to rotate the camera around to it just so to even have the option to pick it up. And the collision for this seems to be pixel-perfect so I was spending a lot of time just moving the screen around trying to pick up these little bags. Bonus points: The bags are brown and are almost impossible to see against most floor types I've run into thus far. This is just the best..

4) The inventory screens- there are many of them- are very hard to navigate and sort out. It's difficult to find items on the fly but I'm getting used to it.

That being said, here's the good stuff-

5) The game's combat once I got used to it is pretty awesome. I'm up to a point in a monastery where this big ass armored guy with a horned helmet and zweihander are and it was a lot of fun casting signs to knock his ass over with a repulsive force and follow it up with a steel sword to the face.

6) A lot of the voice acting is really good. The main character (Gerault I think it is?) is kind of so/so, but the King in the beginning missions is a good actor and it makes a big difference.

7) If you like your cutscenes with a bit of game, this is the game for you. There are a billion cutscenes so far and most of them are really cool. One thing though, this game has nudity and a shit ton of swears so if you have little kids at home make sure they're in bed before you play this game.

8) Witcher 2 is pretty challenging, even on normal difficulty settings. That armored guy with the horned helmet alone killed me 5 or 6 times before I figured it out. What's cool is unlike Dark Souls which often seems cheap in your deaths so far this game seems sensible when it comes to things like this. Maybe it'll get cheaper later, I don't know.

9) It was cool to play a couple hours in without seeing any monsters. Fighting a bunch of regular men at arms / chain mail soldiers / crossbow guys was a nice change from fighting dragons, demons, zombies and etc. I know there are monsters in this one too but it was nice to fight so many regular people in a game like this.

Edited by Del_Duio