What game(s) are you playing through right now?

• Please log in to reply
1376 replies to this topic

#1361 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12111 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Is anyone here picking up Evil Within 2?  I wasn't that impressed with the first game so reviews would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by Steevo, 12 October 2017 - 08:09 PM.

Sponsored Post

#1362 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24887 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Splatoon, Lego Star Wars, and the Battlefront 2 Beta have occupied much of the last week...with some Ori thrown in.

#1363 willowroolz

willowroolz

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

Divinity Original Sin 2 is taking up most of my spare time at the moment.  It's fantastic - much better than the first game and on its way to becoming one of my favourite RPGs.

#1364 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Halo 5

#1365 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7052 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

Assassin's Creed Origins. Only played a few hours so far, but this seems like exactly what the franchise needed. It's a straight up action RPG now.

#1366 Oracle

Oracle

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2125 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

I've been slowly chipping away at Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on PC. I haven't been thoroughly creeped out by a game since I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent for the first time.

#1367 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24887 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

Just got a Project Scorpio edition XBox One X, can't wait to test Forza on it.

#1368 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24887 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

Mario Odyssey is crazy good.  Nintendo is crushing it this year.

#1369 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

View PostLedRush, on 08 November 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

I skipped out on Forza 6, and thoroughly miss the glory days of Forza 3 & 4. Curious if the new Forza game could pull me back in.

#1370 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

Also as I have a now dated 500GB 2014 Xbox One, I'd like to upgrade to a One X next year

#1371 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:09 AM

Halo 5

#1372 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24887 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostThat One Guy, on 13 November 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

Also as I have a now dated 500GB 2014 Xbox One, I'd like to upgrade to a One X next year

Do you have a 4K TV?  If so, it might be worth the investment (and upgrade to Netflix 4K).  

Regarding Forza, I don't really know about the past ones.  People tell me that the progression on this is bad, but I haven't had many issues so far.  It plays great, looks beautiful, and I can put it at a level so that I'm not just crashing into walls every 30 seconds, which is a problem for me when the games are pure simulations.  From what I read, when you remove the baby controls I like, it plays very well as a sim.

#1373 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:36 AM

View PostLedRush, on 14 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

Do you have a 4K TV?  If so, it might be worth the investment (and upgrade to Netflix 4K).  

Regarding Forza, I don't really know about the past ones.  People tell me that the progression on this is bad, but I haven't had many issues so far.  It plays great, looks beautiful, and I can put it at a level so that I'm not just crashing into walls every 30 seconds, which is a problem for me when the games are pure simulations.  From what I read, when you remove the baby controls I like, it plays very well as a sim.
I do not have a 4K TV. I was thinking about a 2018 upgrade to current-gen stuff, for once.

As far as Forza progression, how much worse could it possibly be than Forza 5? The main thing I want is current-year cars, really. The glory days of all that Forza 3 & 4 had to offer are long gone.

As a teenager I adored the Gran Turismo franchises. But I don't think those would be enough to get me to transfer console loyalty

#1374 Day of Light

Day of Light

Too Much Information

• Members *
  • 10775 posts
  • Interests:being 21, family gatherings, fashion, TOG, good grades, plants, world peace

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 19 November 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 14 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Mario Odyssey
Lego Ninjago
Sonic Mania
Forza 7

I do not have a 4K TV. I was thinking about a 2018 upgrade to current-gen stuff, for once.

As far as Forza progression, how much worse could it possibly be than Forza 5? The main thing I want is current-year cars, really. The glory days of all that Forza 3 & 4 had to offer are long gone.

As a teenager I adored the Gran Turismo franchises. But I don't think those would be enough to get me to transfer console loyalty

just have both consoles

#1375 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 22147 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Halo 5

#1376 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24887 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Star Wars Battlefront 2.  

The progression system is horseshit, but the core game is still good and the look is detailed, authentic Star Wars.

#1377 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10374 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

A lot of Darkest Dungeon and Fortnite lately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users