What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Star Fox Zero

I bought it but haven't started playing yet...how is it?

I know I'm quite late, but I'd say that it's rather good. It's an exceptional homage to the old days of Star Fox on the N64, and once you get used to the controls the gameplay is some of the most fun that there is on the Wii U. I will say, however, that as far as depth goes it's quite shallow unless you're the completionist type like myself. Your only real motivation after beating the short 5-6 hour campaign is to try and collect all the medals that are hidden VERY well.

Overall, I wouldn't have spent 60 dollars on it had I known, but only because of a lack of depth. Definitely worth an eventual purchase either way, though.

• Like 1

Stellaris. My Claw Collective (a despotic empire of space cats from the planet Furball) lasted 150 years before an empire of space parrots decided to declare war on it and promptly annihilated the Claw fleet and attacked my home system. I've never liked parrots. Edited by willowroolz

Final Fantasy X. The only FF apart from its...very odd sequel that I've ever played through.

Easily a favorite game of mine. Picked up the HD remaster on Steam.

• Like 1

Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless. Damn you, Steam, and your Summer Sale :rage: :D

Holy shit, tell me about it. Weird I've not played either one of those games you mention but I own Legend of Dungeon lol.

I got these in the past week on the sale:

Torchlight 2 (was 80% off, an excellent Diablo-like game)

Axiom Verge (was $12, basically Metroid but with worse music)

The Binding of Isaac (not bad for $3 but I don't like the controls much)

Salt & Sanctuary (was 10% off, basically Dark Souls only a 2d platformer- it's REALLY good)

Recettear (was gifted this, and RPG / Item Shop simulator it's a lot of fun.)

Rogue Legacy (great great idea but it's way too hard. I'm on my 20th generation of kids and only played like an hour haha)

Add me on Steam as a buddy if you want, ID is Del_Duio.

Dragon Quest 9 again on the work commute. Keep going back to this.

If only all other games had an ENDLESS POSTGAME, so much fun.

My save file is almost 540 hours!

Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS. Damn they make these games addictive as f**k!

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. It was only $3 on GOG and it had been a few years since I'd last played it. Furthermore, there's a restored content mod available for the game which makes it a lot better that it originally was.

Dragon Quest 5 for the DS.

The only DQ game I had never played before, and it is AWESOME so far. Love it.

This is where the idea of the monster team from part 8 came from, though it's handled differently and (IMO) better. You have a chance to randomly recruit your defeated enemies after a battle and when they join you they hop in your wagon. From there you can make the actual members of your team like your regular human characters and even equip them with weapons and armor and stuff. I'm going to keep the puny slime character "Goodtrude" just because it's the face of all things DQ and hey why not right?