What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Star Wars Battlefront for me, with Yoshi's Yarn, Forza 6, and Rock Band all getting a little love.

I tried Gears of War Ultimate Edition and I hated it, which is odd because I loved the original. It just seems like the control scheme is ancient and unresponsive.

Believe it or not, I'm still playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate almost a month later. Just reached the 100 hour point and still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Finished Fallout 4 the other day and didn't find it to be as good as I expected. Exploration was great but there weren't enough good side quests and the story felt a bit lacking especially at the end.

Currently playing Dishonored Definitive Edition.

Still Halo 5. Only game I've bought this year, playing nothing but Halo MCC beforehand. I'm dedicated.

Thinking of buying Forza 6 and/or Tomb Raider. The latter got rave reviews, and the first was spectacular.

Finished up a playthrough of Golden Sun. I must say, it was a great, albeit somewhat archetypal RPG. The two things that really set this game apart for me were the Djinn--little creatures you find that can either provide augments to your stats or be summoned in the form of these godlike creatures with varying tiers of power based on the number used at once--, and the fantastic art direction. Story didn't really cut it. It was a bit stale and too reminiscent of early Final Fantasy. That said, the 20 hours I put in didn't feel wasted.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X

• Like 1

I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the Steam sale last week, well worth the $10. Beat it last night, what an amazing game.

My roommate did the same and agrees. :cheers:

That new Tomb Raider is just as great as the first was as well

Still Halo 5. Only game I've bought this year, playing nothing but Halo MCC beforehand. I'm dedicated.

Thinking of buying Forza 6 and/or Tomb Raider. The latter got rave reviews, and the first was spectacular.

The earlier Tomb Raider was excellent, so I will be getting the new one soon.

Fora 6 is great, but really doesn't add much to Forza 5.

The earlier Tomb Raider was excellent, so I will be getting the new one soon.

Fora 6 is great, but really doesn't add much to Forza 5.

Bought it on NYE. About 10 hours in and it's as great as advertised.

Only gonna buy Forza 6 if we get in the ~$30 range

It's a bit of the 3DS backlog lately!

Super Smash Bros, which is okay I guess I'm not super into fighting games anyhow but for what it is it's decent.

And Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I bought it a long time ago and never really played it more than a few hours but now I'm up to 15 or 16 hours in and man this is a GREAT GAME. Some of these larger monsters are way way harder to defeat and upgrading your gear thus far is a lot of fun. I'm running with the hammer weapon class and almost have a full set of Great Jaggi armor socketed with Anti-Stun jewels.

• Like 2

Super Smash Bros, which is okay I guess I'm not super into fighting games anyhow but for what it is it's decent.

And Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I bought it a long time ago and never really played it more than a few hours but now I'm up to 15 or 16 hours in and man this is a GREAT GAME. Some of these larger monsters are way way harder to defeat and upgrading your gear thus far is a lot of fun. I'm running with the hammer weapon class and almost have a full set of Great Jaggi armor socketed with Anti-Stun jewels.

Nice! Glad you finally got around to it and are enjoying yourself!

I will warn you, it can get very, very addictive. I'm at some 150 0r 160 hours and I still feel ready to go back just as soon as I finish Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• Like 2

I will warn you, it can get very, very addictive. I'm at some 150 0r 160 hours and I still feel ready to go back just as soon as I finish Xenoblade Chronicles X.

You're not kidding!

I have 3 areas / islands open and finished the quests for the first 2.

And though it took me 2 tries, I finally killed that friggin' fire chicken A-hole in the desert haha.

It couldn't fly the first time and was screwing up its attacks so I knew it was almost dead but it kept calling Great Jaggis and crap to its aid and I ran out of time before I killed it (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!)

I still need another King Frill off a Great Jaggi. I made one piece of armor with the only one I ever got - which was off the first G. Jaggi I ever killed - but still need another for the Jaggi Belt or whatever it's called.

I think I might give the bowgun a shot today too. You can't change weapons outside of your house, can you? Also a question- The mini map in the upper RH corner is usually zoomed way out but while fighting something the other day it was super zoomed in. I really want to be able to zoom the mini map in or out on the fly because that'd be really helpful but can't figure it out yet. So how do you do it?

• Like 1

You're not kidding!

And though it took me 2 tries, I finally killed that friggin' fire chicken A-hole in the desert haha.

It couldn't fly the first time and was screwing up its attacks so I knew it was almost dead but it kept calling Great Jaggis and crap to its aid and I ran out of time before I killed it (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!)

I still need another King Frill off a Great Jaggi. I made one piece of armor with the only one I ever got - which was off the first G. Jaggi I ever killed - but still need another for the Jaggi Belt or whatever it's called.

I think I might give the bowgun a shot today too. You can't change weapons outside of your house, can you? Also a question- The mini map in the upper RH corner is usually zoomed way out but while fighting something the other day it was super zoomed in. I really want to be able to zoom the mini map in or out on the fly because that'd be really helpful but can't figure it out yet. So how do you do it?

As for the first question, yes that and the little shanty at Port Tanzia are the only places you can change your gear, unfortunately. The expectation is that when you go out on a quest or in the wild, you are locked into the decisions of what you brought with you.

As for the second, I couldn't tell you for the 3DS version. I'm on the Wii U, so it's just a big icon on the gamepad for me. Maybe there's something similar you can touch on the bottom screen? Or if you open up your items list Y or X might do it.

And the Qurupeco gave me trouble at first, too. It was the first time in the game that I realized the demand for you to be prepared and skillful in your approach. Took me three times, with the time limit being the culprit for the first two failures as well. That overwhelming satisfaction when you beat that SOB on your last Mega Potion while your heart is on overdrive is what keeps me coming back!

• Like 1

You're not kidding!

As for the first question, yes that and the little shanty at Port Tanzia are the only places you can change your gear, unfortunately. The expectation is that when you go out on a quest or in the wild, you are locked into the decisions of what you brought with you.

As for the second, I couldn't tell you for the 3DS version. I'm on the Wii U, so it's just a big icon on the gamepad for me. Maybe there's something similar you can touch on the bottom screen? Or if you open up your items list Y or X might do it.

And the Qurupeco gave me trouble at first, too. It was the first time in the game that I realized the demand for you to be prepared and skillful in your approach. Took me three times, with the time limit being the culprit for the first two failures as well. That overwhelming satisfaction when you beat that SOB on your last Mega Potion while your heart is on overdrive is what keeps me coming back!

I figured it out but it was REALLY obscure:

Press the start button, and then the right shoulder button. GEESH, right?

I've killed the Great Woggi (poison spewing dude in the rainforest) and right now have been pickaxing the shit outta' both the tundra and that jungle. If I can find 10 of Petrigliawhosiewhatsis ore I can upgrade my warhammer to the tune of almost 200 friggin' attack points. Woo hoo!

• Like 1

I have been super enjoying Marvel Heroes (especially since the latest patch cleaned up some bad glitches). Besides, it's the only game where I can have Vision running past Iron Man and hear Tony remark, "What's the matter, Vizh? Wanda got you down?"

This MMO will be the death of me.