What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Lufia: The Legend Returns.

It came out for the Gameboy Color in 2001 and now it's on the 3DS VC.

I owned the 2 SNES Lufia games and didn't even know this existed before last week. The plot might be pretty generic but the writing is exellent. Very funny, and the way they go about spelling it out is very compelling. Turn-based battles, a pretty complex equipment and magic system, and up to 9 guys can be on your battle team at once. So far I'm up to 3 of them and it looks like getting a new character takes up a good-sized chunk of the story in itself. Great old school 8-bit music and decent graphics for its time.

Really really good and a steal at $5. It's already tied for GBC 1st place with the Dragon Warrior 3 remake with me.

I also bought Xeodrifter- an indie game also on the 3DS VC- which is not bad but a pretty by the numbers metroid wannabe that cost twice as much as Lufia and not nearly as interesting IMO.

Halo MCC Again. Got the Turtlebeach XO One headset to replace the shitty, inevitably breaking included headset.

For $55 it's fantastic. Removable mic so it can function as a normal headset walkin' around town too

Red Dead Redemption. First impression: It is almost too similar to GUN for the PS2, but I'm still having a blast.

Red Dead Redemption. First impression: It is almost too similar to GUN for the PS2, but I'm still having a blast.

One of my favorite games of all time. I liked Gun too, but RDR is on a different level. Not gonna spoil it, but that ending!

Played Walking Dead Season 1 and Journey last week. Both were some of the most emotional games I've ever played. Highly recommended to those who haven't played them.

Currently playing Ryse and Battlefield 3.

Etrian Odysey Untold 2: The Fanir Knight

It's essentially an updated remake of the DS's EO2- Heroes of Laagard with a whole new story mode.

AND IT'S AWESOME.

It's taking up almost all my free time. Playing Classic on expert difficulty and it's kicking my ass. Just like the Wizardy games of old.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Nov 30 2006, 05:53 AM) Wii

man, my bro got one of those along w/ the ps3...the Wii is hard to get used to...

:LOL: Funny how time changes how things sound.

• Like 1

Finished RDR 100% completion. It was ^10 better than what I thought it would be. Rarely a dull moment. Currently playing: No More Heroes.
  • Like 1

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Phantom Pain

I have not played any of the MGS series as of yet. I just bought a new NVidea geoforce gtx960 GPU and MSG5 was free. All I can say was when this freaky floating thing with a gas mask and fluid arms summons that Fireman I know some serious crap is going to start. I have no idea what the hell those things are yet.

Finished two missions so far game graphics are amazing.

• Like 1

The Phantom Pain is currently consuming all free time I have. After going back through all the Metal Gear Solid games multiple times in anticipation for MGS 5, I'm still drooling over the amount of detail in this game. So many things to do! On PS4 it looks stunning.

The Dragon Warrior 2 remake for the GBC. I had to dig the Gameboy SP out to play it again (the DS is only backwards-compatible to a point as far as carts go) but it's been well-worth it. That game was hard as balls back on the NES.